Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Clowney Still Taking Breaks

I'll probably get attacked for my comment but I do not want this kid. I've seen enough of the pass rushers with our team who take plays off and are not existence. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Just made a big play.

hahahaha  :whistling:

One in the second quarter against a opponent who isn't even in their class. He has done NOTHING the entire first quarter. Thats not #1 overall status 

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2013, 12:51 PM by vagrantwade.)

Quote:One in the second quarter against a opponent who isn't even in their class. He has done NOTHING the entire first quarter. Thats not #1 overall status 

1) He has caused multiple early passes by Bortles.

2) UCF is game planning around him. Short quick passes.

Takes nothing away from Clowney but it does emphasis how much more important a QB is over a DE.

TEST

Your making excuses but okay. Well he wasn't a factor in the Georgia / South Carolina game. Don't tell me Georgia went away from him. Gurley ran right at him multiple times and he had no effect.

Quote:Your making excuses but okay. Well he wasn't a factor in the Georgia / South Carolina game. Don't tell me Georgia went away from him. Gurley ran right at him multiple times and he had no effect.

A lot of Gurley's stronger runs were down the middle...with Clowney playing on the end.

TEST

Quote:1) He has caused multiple early passes by Bortles.

Takes nothing away from Clowney but it does emphasis how much more important a QB is over a DE.
this guy is actually watching the game and not looking at his stats

Quote:Your making excuses but okay. Well he wasn't a factor in the Georgia / South Carolina game. Don't tell me Georgia went away from him. Gurley ran right at him multiple times and he had no effect.
Those weren't excuses. That was an accurate assessment.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Clowney's motor sucks. He's had this reputation well before this year's season opener.

Can't even imagine how good he'd be if he didn't coast.

Quote:Those weren't excuses. That was an accurate assessment.
It is excuses in my opinion. Great players most of the time find ways to make plays. Whether its in short pass plays, running in the middle or running the other direction. Big time players will find a way to be an impact. He doesn't do that every down though unfortunately because he is taking plays off. Im not saying I don't respect the guy based on his play ability. He's a phenomenal player. But you can't even argue he doesn't take plays off. It mind boggles me why so many supporters of the Jaguars would want a character like that on this team. We need a every down player with leadership. Not an arrogant player that plays exceptional when he wants to.

Defensive lineman rotate out a lot. Watt rotates, Peppers rotates, Quinn rotates, they all rotate. Clowney looks quick and good and his inside rip is on point today. He's a great player and it's not his fault he plays a position that can be schemed out of the game so easily. 

It is however just more proof to add to the pile that if Dave views a QB as a franchise potential QB then he just flat out has to be the pick. 

Quote:1) He has caused multiple early passes by Bortles.

If you haven't figured it out yet, the most important person on defense is the guy who takes away the opponent's QB.  They are equally important.  QBs don't play both ways.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:If you haven't figured it out yet, the most important person on defense is the guy who takes away the opponent's QB.  They are equally important.  QBs don't play both ways.

There are multiple people who are asked to do that. 1 DE is not equal to 1 QB.

Quote:There are multiple people who are asked to do that. 1 DE is not equal to 1 QB.

And you can roll blocking to that one DE thus nullifying their effect. 

Quote:If you haven't figured it out yet, the most important person on defense is the guy who takes away the opponent's QB.  They are equally important.  QBs don't play both ways.

Except they aren't taking away the opponent's QB...they are game planning around it and using Bortles accuracy on quick sideline/slant routes.

TEST

Quote:If you haven't figured it out yet, the most important person on defense is the guy who takes away the opponent's QB. They are equally important. QBs don't play both ways.

Clowney has yet to do that today. Clowney is a good player but if there is a potential franchise QB there, you take him over Clowney or anyone else. Everytime. I think there are a few potential guys that will be taken ahead of Clowney next May. Does that mean they will have better NFL careers? Certainly not. But if Caldwell is confident in a QB you take him because his potential impact on the franchise >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Clowney's.

You take the QB and begin adding pieces around him after that.

No, they're not equally important.  

A Defense is only as strong as it's weakest link, while the Quarterback is the heart of the offense. 

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:No, they're not equally important.  

A Defense is only as strong as it's weakest link, while the Quarterback is the heart of the offense. 

Leave the Andy Dalton fan alone... rofl. 

How anyone can seriously try to argue that a DE is equally as important  as a QB or really even close is just ridiculous. 

I'm not even sure I'd rate a top DE over a top CB. 

Deion Sanders literally took half the field away from opposing offenses. 

Did Reggie White do that?

Quote:Leave the Andy Dalton fan alone... rofl. 

How anyone can seriously try to argue that a DE is equally as important  as a QB or really even close is just ridiculous. 

I'm not even sure I'd rate a top DE over a top CB. 

Deion Sanders literally took half the field away from opposing offenses. 

Did Reggie White do that?
It's arguable. It's not arguable that any position in football is even in the same realm of importance as QB. QB is more important than any two positions in the NFL. Yes, Aaron Rodgers over both JJ Watt and Richard Sherman every day of the week.