Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Nick Foles

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2013, 09:10 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Foles is only having success because receivers are getting open and he's throwing to them... wait, what?

There are reads on a lot of plays where he can hand it off or throw it based on a defender. He still has to read the defense and make the right decision, so how is that different than what any good QB does? I'm confused... If you're arguing that Foles is a product of good coaching and having a good OL and RB, then fine. But Kaepernick has a good RB and a good OL and he isn't playing as well as Foles. I'm not saying he's Brady, but it's promising when a player in his first 16 games is making good decisions on such a consistent basis.

Listen to what Greg Cosell said this week on the Colin Cowherd show about Foles during his film breakdown (if you don't believe me)....

He pretty much echoed everything I have opined about Foles/ Chip Kelly in this thread....and I said all of it first. 

Shocker, Deacon has to stick his 2c (jab) in....after continuously proclaiming to ignore posts I am in, he has to get his digs in. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:except Foles stinks. 

Cousins?.....yeah....but I wouldn't want to bring him in until after the season - and only if we don't get Bridgewater. 

Nick Foles doesnt stink he is the reason the Eagles are going to win the NFC East.

Quote:Nick Foles doesnt stink he is the reason the Eagles are going to win the NFC East.

You misspelled Chip Kelly.

Quote:You misspelled Chip Kelly.

As great as Chip Kelly has been so far its still wrong that they fired Andy Reid, and I hope he takes KC to the AFC championship game this year (i doubt it but Im hoping he does).  I feel it was wrong to fire a man after his son died, and all that he had done for him seem cold to me.

Quote:  As great as Chip Kelly has been so far its still wrong that they fired Andy Reid, and I hope he takes KC to the AFC championship game this year (i doubt it but Im hoping he does).  I feel it was wrong to fire a man after his son died, and all that he had done for him seem cold to me.

Was it cold/ wrong to fire a head coach who recently suffered a mini stroke/ heart attack? (Kubiak). 

Andy Reid's time had run its course. It happens. His message wasn't getting across anymore. He needed a change of scenery. 

In case of Kubiak by firing him it will allow him time to heal and do a less stressful job so an arguement could be made that they are saving his life by doing that depending on how they went about firing him.

Quote:You misspelled Chip Kelly.

If Vick were still the QB of that team, they don't sniff the playoffs.  So why wasn't Kelly making Vick fantastic when he can do it with Foles?  Weeiiiiiird....

Quote:except Foles stinks. 

Cousins?.....yeah....but I wouldn't want to bring him in until after the season - and only if we don't get Bridgewater. 

LOL.

2013 QB ratings:

Kirk Cousins.... 26.6

Nick Foles..... 120.0

2013 Yards Per Attempt:

Kirk Cousins..... 4.28

Nick Foles..... 9.04

2013 Completion %:

Kirk Cousins..... 48.0%.

Nick Foles..... 61.9%.

Kirk Cousins is not good. I don't get why people think that he is. Foles is twice the QB Cousins is.

Quote:Was it cold/ wrong to fire a head coach who recently suffered a mini stroke/ heart attack? (Kubiak).

Andy Reid's time had run its course. It happens. His message wasn't getting across anymore. He needed a change of scenery.
Yet you say the Jaguars made a huge mistake getting rid of Coughlin?

Seems a tad hypocritical, eh?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:If Vick were still the QB of that team, they don't sniff the playoffs.  So why wasn't Kelly making Vick fantastic when he can do it with Foles?  Weeiiiiiird....

Vick was doing fine early before the injuries started piling up. Vick would lap circles around Foles in this offense in terms of stats had he stayed healthy. And they would have made the playoffs with a healthy Vick as well. 

Quote:LOL.

2013 QB ratings:

Kirk Cousins.... 26.6

Nick Foles..... 120.0

2013 Yards Per Attempt:

Kirk Cousins..... 4.28

Nick Foles..... 9.04

2013 Completion %:

Kirk Cousins..... 48.0%.

Nick Foles..... 61.9%.

Kirk Cousins is not good. I don't get why people think that he is. Foles is twice the QB Cousins is.

Put Kirk Cousins in Chip Kelly's offense and his stats are better than Foles. Put Foles in Washington's offense and he's much less effective. 

Lets see what Cousins does these last 3 games now that he's starting. 

You think Kirk Cousins throws for 20 TDs and 1 INT? Not a snowballs chance in that warm place.

Are we talking about the same Kirk Cousins? I watched Cousins for 4 years at Michigan St. and can assure you that you are overrating the kid. Cousins' ceiling is Matt Hasselbeck but will more likely have a career similar to Matt Cassel. I would be very upset if the Jaguars passed up the chance to draft a franchise QB to settle for a game-manager like Cousins.

Regarding the last three games, I would expect any game manager to look decent vs the defenses he is playing.

Dallas is ranked 32nd in passing yards allowed per gamed.

Atlanta is ranked 32nd in opponent's QB rating.

New York is ranked 15th in both.

Looking good against those defenses will not convince me the kid is a franchise QB. However, looking bad against those defenses would be pretty eye opening.

Quote:  As great as Chip Kelly has been so far its still wrong that they fired Andy Reid, and I hope he takes KC to the AFC championship game this year (i doubt it but Im hoping he does).  I feel it was wrong to fire a man after his son died, and all that he had done for him seem cold to me.

He was fired almost 5 months after his son overdosed.  I'm sure he was still grieving -- but keeping him just because his son died I think would be almost worse.  Imagine knowing the only reason you still had your job was because your child died.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2013, 09:30 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:You think Kirk Cousins throws for 20 TDs and 1 INT? Not a snowballs chance in that warm place.

Are we talking about the same Kirk Cousins? I watched Cousins for 4 years at Michigan St. and can assure you that you are overrating the kid. Cousins' ceiling is Matt Hasselbeck but will more likely have a career similar to Matt Cassel. I would be very upset if the Jaguars passed up the chance to draft a franchise QB to settle for a game-manager like Cousins.

I wish people would stop citing the 20 TD, 1 INT crap. Its pretty much similar to when Garrard had 19 TD's a 3 INT's that year. He got lucky during that time with many dropped INT's and Foles is too. 

In saying cousins would have better numbers than Foles in Kellys offense stop being so myopic and only defining that as beating the TD-INT ratio. I'm talking general across the board stats, like more TD passes, higher completion %, more yards, probably higher YPA (although Foles 9.0 is high itself), higher QB rating. 

Foles already has had a game in which fortune abandoned him and he was forced to rely on his natural ability and he & the Eagles got squashed back in October - vs the 32nd ranked pass defense, no less!!! He went 11-29, for 80 yards for the entire game!!!! During the season he's posted passing yardage numbers of 197, 80, 228, 237, and 179 for yardage totals. Game manager. Thats the real Foles. People that are giving more of the credit for Foles hot streak now to him than Kelly just don't understand what they are watching. Good thing that Greg Cosell does know what he's watching. In his film breakdown he called out Foles for what he is, and basically gave most of the credit to Kelly. 

Quote:I wish people would stop citing the 20 TD, 1 INT crap. Its pretty much similar to when Garrard had 19 TD's a 3 INT's that year. He got lucky during that time with many dropped INT's and Foles is too. 

In saying cousins would have better numbers than Foles in Kellys offense stop being so myopic and only defining that as beating the TD-INT ratio. I'm talking general across the board stats, like more TD passes, higher completion %, more yards, probably higher YPA (although Foles 9.0 is high itself), higher QB rating. 

Foles already has had a game in which fortune abandoned him and he was forced to rely on his natural ability and he & the Eagles got squashed back in October - vs the 32nd ranked pass defense, no less!!! He went 11-29, for 80 yards for the entire game!!!! During the season he's posted passing yardage numbers of 197, 80, 228, 237, and 179 for yardage totals. Game manager. Thats the real Foles. People that are giving more of the credit for Foles hot streak now to him than Kelly just don't understand what they are watching. Good thing that Greg Cosell does know what he's watching. In his film breakdown he called out Foles for what he is, and basically gave most of the credit to Kelly. 

You give Foles absolutely no credit at all, while still being sold on Ryan Mallett (for some reason, despite the fact that we know if he succeeded in that system [which he hasn't yet] that it'd be because of Belichick).  You're giving Chip Kelly way too much credit here.  Heck if Belichick can't get Mallett to succeed, what makes you think Fisch can?

Want to compare Garrard and Foles?  Garrard had almost half the TD% that Foles has.  That's what makes him not a game manager.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:You give Foles absolutely no credit at all, while still being sold on Ryan Mallett (for some reason, despite the fact that we know if he succeeded in that system [which he hasn't yet] that it'd be because of Belichick).  You're giving Chip Kelly way too much credit here.  Heck if Belichick can't get Mallett to succeed, what makes you think Fisch can?

Want to compare Garrard and Foles?  Garrard had almost half the TD% that Foles has.  That's what makes him not a game manager.  

What opportunity has Mallett had to show it one way or the other? 

As said I'm not the only one giving the Lions share of the credit to Kelly and not Foles. Greg Cosell who breaks down film for a living has also done the same.....'except I was saying my opinion on Foles before Cosell reported his findings. (so people cannot say I am parroting Cosell)

Quote: 

Put Kirk Cousins in Chip Kelly's offense and his stats are better than Foles. Put Foles in Washington's offense and he's much less effective. 

Lets see what Cousins does these last 3 games now that he's starting. 

Oh c'mon, I think Foles deserves credit where it's due. People were calling Brady a system quarterback his entire career, but we know for a fact that he can do it all with no one at receiver.

No sort of hypothetical scenario can discount what Foles has done so far.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:Oh c'mon, I think Foles deserves credit where it's due. People were calling Brady a system quarterback his entire career, but we know for a fact that he can do it all with no one at receiver.

No sort of hypothetical scenario can discount what Foles has done so far.

Foles won't be the Eagles starting QB 2 years from now. 

Kelly is working wonders with what he has, but I'm sure his ideal starting QB is more dynamic than Foles. 

I'll bet the Eagles smartly deal Foles when his value is high and they can get some unsuspecting sucker to think that Foles is the real deal and be fleeced. 

Quote:Foles won't be the Eagles starting QB 2 years from now. 

Kelly is working wonders with what he has, but I'm sure his ideal starting QB is more dynamic than Foles. 

I'll bet the Eagles smartly deal Foles when his value is high and they can get some unsuspecting sucker to think that Foles is the real deal and be fleeced. 
The Eagles don't have Andy Reid anymore. They'll sink or swim with Foles.

And I guarantee you they'll swim if the Eagles are able to retain most of his receiving targets and add a few new ones.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

I'm not even so much arguing for Foles as I am against Cousins. There is nothing that Cousins has ever showed that shows me he can be a franchise QB and/or put up better numbers than Foles is putting up.