Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Nick Foles

Quote:Foles looks pretty comfortable in "that" Offense for a rookie of "that" Offense.

Vick looked like he was poised to put up monster numbers as a rookie in that offense too, before he quickly got injured in week 2. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

No Romo means Cowboys season is doomed. And Philly could take advantage of that!

Quote:No Romo means Cowboys season is doomed. And Philly could take advantage of that!

The Cowboys defense not only has been horrible (ranked 32nd, IIRC) but its also injury depleted. The Cowboys are done. 

(This post was last modified: 12-27-2013, 12:50 AM by hailtoyourvictor.)

Quote:The Cowboys defense not only has been horrible (ranked 32nd, IIRC) but its also injury depleted. The Cowboys are done. 

Yet they still made Kirk Cousins look bad.

Kirk Cousins vs Cowboys:

71.2 QB rating

5.47 yards per attempt (what??)

1 TD, 1 INT

58.3% completion

Yeah, let's trade a 2nd or 3rd round pick for this guy........... Genius idea.

And I realize that Foles had the worst game of his career against Dallas earlier this season, but that was an outlier (take a look at the rest of his body of work). Cousins struggles against Dallas, on the other hand, is par for the course for the game-manager-at-best QB.

(This post was last modified: 12-27-2013, 01:00 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Yet they still made Kirk Cousins look bad.

Kirk Cousins vs Cowboys:

71.2 QB rating

5.47 yards per attempt (what??)

1 TD, 1 INT

58.3% completion

Yeah, let's trade a 2nd or 3rd round pick for this guy........... Genius idea.

And I realize that Foles had the worst game of his career against Dallas earlier this season, but that was an outlier (take a look at the rest of his body of work). Cousins struggles against Dallas, on the other hand, is par for the course for the game-manager-at-best QB.

lol, Foles had a worse game vs the Cowboys than Cousins did. As a matter of fact, Foles' game vs Dallas might have been one of the most ineffective QB performances I have ever seen, on par with Gabbert's worst. 

haha Carr sucks. 

Foles = flukey bad game vs Dallas.

Cousins = par for the course bad game vs Dallas.

And what makes you think I want Carr? I want Bridgewater. I've never been on the Carr bandwagon, so where are you getting this from?

Quote:lol, Foles had a worse game vs the Cowboys than Cousins did. As a matter of fact, Foles' game vs Dallas might have been one of the most ineffective QB performances I have ever seen, on par with Gabbert's worst. 

haha Carr sucks. 
what about your boy matt barkley howd he do against that same dallas defense. where was the kelly effect lol

carr will have a better career than cousins, i will bet you on that.

TMD, Cousins has played in 4 games this year. I know you love YPA, so here:

17th ranked Denver gives up 7.2 yards per attempt. Cousins vs Denver... 5.33 ypa

18th ranked Kansas City gives up 7.2 yards per attempt. Cousins vs Kansas City... 3.69 ypa

25th ranked Dallas gives up 7.7 yards per attempt. Cousins vs Dallas... 5.47 ypa.

31st ranked Atlanta gives up 8.1 yards per attempt. Cosuins vs Atlanta... 8.47 ypa.

I also know you like completion percentage:

2nd ranked Kansas City allows 55.8%. Cousins vs Kansas City... 43.8%.

7th ranked Denver allows 58.4%. Cousins vs Denver... 55.6%

26th ranked Dallas allows 64.8%. Cousins vs Dallas... 58.3%

29th ranked Atlanta allows 66.7%. Cousins vs Atlanta... 64.4%.

How you can say that Cousins is good is mind numbing.

Is Matt Barkley in the pro bowl yet?

I get the distinct impression that if we trade for either Foles or Cousins we will get the "Rob Johnson" effect..I honestly cant remember a QB trade between teams that has worked out for the team trading for the QB, maybe thats just me having a bad memory though.

That being said, i think Foles is much better than Cousins, but also Foles is benefited alot by the offence and by Shady Mccoy.

Quote:Is Matt Barkley in the pro bowl yet?

Matt Barkley came into the league with an injured shoulder. I wasn't aware of that. Had I been, I wouldn't have touted drafting him, even in the 4th round like I was. 

Quote:TMD, Cousins has played in 4 games this year. I know you love YPA, so here:

17th ranked Denver gives up 7.2 yards per attempt. Cousins vs Denver... 5.33 ypa

18th ranked Kansas City gives up 7.2 yards per attempt. Cousins vs Kansas City... 3.69 ypa

25th ranked Dallas gives up 7.7 yards per attempt. Cousins vs Dallas... 5.47 ypa.

31st ranked Atlanta gives up 8.1 yards per attempt. Cosuins vs Atlanta... 8.47 ypa.

I also know you like completion percentage:

2nd ranked Kansas City allows 55.8%. Cousins vs Kansas City... 43.8%.

7th ranked Denver allows 58.4%. Cousins vs Denver... 55.6%

26th ranked Dallas allows 64.8%. Cousins vs Dallas... 58.3%

29th ranked Atlanta allows 66.7%. Cousins vs Atlanta... 64.4%.

How you can say that Cousins is good is mind numbing.

And if you put Foles on that Washington team, you'd see similar if not worse numbers. 

I'm not comparing Foles and Cousins. I'm talking about Cousins. Those are terrible numbers. Cousins doesn't pass the eye test or the numbers test, yet you sit here and say he is worth trading a 2nd or 3rd round pick for. It makes me question your ability to evaluate a QB. Do you think those numbers are good?

'

lololol the "i didnt know barkley was injured" argument. now ive seen everything.  all throughout the draft process it was basically all they talked about, just shows how crappy your takes are and the kind of crap you pull out of your butt. youre embarrassing dude.

(This post was last modified: 12-27-2013, 03:07 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:I'm not comparing Foles and Cousins. I'm talking about Cousins. Those are terrible numbers. Cousins doesn't pass the eye test or the numbers test, yet you sit here and say he is worth trading a 2nd or 3rd round pick for. It makes me question your ability to evaluate a QB. Do you think those numbers are good?

'

His numbers aren't good, but then no QB would be producing good numbers in Washington this year. Look at RG3. 

Same thing in reverse with the Chip Kelly Eagles. 

Quote:lololol the "i didnt know barkley was injured" argument. now ive seen everything.  all throughout the draft process it was basically all they talked about, just shows how crappy your takes are and the kind of crap you pull out of your butt. youre embarrassing dude.

No, they downplayed the injury leading up to the draft. Sorry, HEERO. 

LOL is right.....you like Carr. Piece of [BLEEP] CARR! lololol indeed. 

Quote:No, they downplayed the injury leading up to the draft. Sorry, HEERO. 
LOL it was his major concern, keep beating that drum though.

Quote:I'm not comparing Foles and Cousins. I'm talking about Cousins. Those are terrible numbers. Cousins doesn't pass the eye test or the numbers test, yet you sit here and say he is worth trading a 2nd or 3rd round pick for. It makes me question your ability to evaluate a QB. Do you think those numbers are good?

'

This thread gets really hilarious when you read it right after perusing the Andy Dalton thread.

(This post was last modified: 12-27-2013, 03:54 PM by hailtoyourvictor.)

Quote:This thread gets really hilarious when you read it right after perusing the Andy Dalton thread.

Right??

Quote:Matt Barkley came into the league with an injured shoulder. I wasn't aware of that. Had I been, I wouldn't have touted drafting him, even in the 4th round like I was. 

Quote:No, they downplayed the injury leading up to the draft. Sorry, HEERO. 
LOLOL flip flopping like a fish out of water. so embarrassing.

Quote:LOLOL flip flopping like a fish out of water. so embarrassing.

Nothing is flopping, except your used CARR's draft stock. 

Foles goes on the road and leads the Eagles to the playoffs.

Nick Foles leads the league in yards per attempt.

Nick Foles leads the league in TD : INT ratio.

"It's all luck because defenders drop passes and Chip Kelly is the only reason Foles looks good." If that were true, then explain:

Philly QB ratings:

Foles: 119.2

Vick: 86.4

Barkley: 44.6

Philly QB YPA:

Foles: 9.12

Vick: 8.62

Barkley: 6.12

Philly QB completion %:

Foles: 64.0

Vick: 54.6

Barkley: 61.2

Philly QB TD : INTs

Foles: 27 to 2.

Vick: 5 to 3

Barkley: 0 to 4

Foles is a good QB. I'd rather have Foles than LeFevour, Quinn Gray, Ryan Mallet, Kirk Cousins, or Matt Barkley.