Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Nick Foles

(This post was last modified: 12-31-2013, 05:25 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Foles goes on the road and leads the Eagles to the playoffs.

Nick Foles leads the league in yards per attempt.

Nick Foles leads the league in TD : INT ratio.

"It's all luck because defenders drop passes and Chip Kelly is the only reason Foles looks good." If that were true, then explain:

Philly QB ratings:

Foles: 119.2

Vick: 86.4

Barkley: 44.6

Philly QB YPA:

Foles: 9.12

Vick: 8.62

Barkley: 6.12

Philly QB completion %:

Foles: 64.0

Vick: 54.6

Barkley: 61.2

Philly QB TD : INTs

Foles: 27 to 2.

Vick: 5 to 3

Barkley: 0 to 4

Foles is a good QB. I'd rather have Foles than LeFevour, Quinn Gray, Ryan Mallet, Kirk Cousins, or Matt Barkley.

At this point, yeah, I'd take Foles over all of those but Mallett. 

Foles aint doing what he's doing now on any team but for Kelly, though. 

Mallett OTOH, could be a franchise QB on a lot of teams. Mallett's ceiling wouldn't be tied to a single coach/ system like Foles is. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I don't disagree with you about Kelly's system making people look better than they are. Chip Kelly is an offensive genius. Michael Vick's YPA and QB rating were both significantly higher this season than his career averages. Of course, when you take away the Chip Kelly factor (because I agree there is one), Foles will have a decrease in production. The thing is, Foles is putting up other-world type numbers (leading the league in QB rating, YPA, and TD:INT) in Kelly's offense. Foles can have a significant decrease in production and still be considered an above-average QB.

Quote:I don't disagree with you about Kelly's system making people look better than they are. Chip Kelly is an offensive genius. Michael Vick's YPA and QB rating were both significantly higher this season than his career averages. Of course, when you take away the Chip Kelly factor (because I agree there is one), Foles will have a decrease in production. The thing is, Foles is putting up other-world type numbers (leading the league in QB rating, YPA, and TD:INT) in Kelly's offense. Foles can have a significant decrease in production and still be considered an above-average QB.

If Foles was on the Jags what kind of numbers do you see him putting up? 

Quote:If Foles was on the Jags what kind of numbers do you see him putting up? 

Better than Cousins is putting up in Washington Smile.

I think that he puts up Ryan-like numbers in Atlanta. I think that he puts up Romo-like numbers in Dallas. I don't think Foles is a Brees/Rodgers/Brady/Manning level QB, but those are the numbers he puts up with the Chip-Kelly-factor. If you take away the Chip-Kelly-factor, I think we would see Romo/Ryan/Rivers type production.

Quote:Better than Cousins is putting up in Washington Smile.

I think that he puts up Ryan-like numbers in Atlanta. I think that he puts up Romo-like numbers in Dallas. I don't think Foles is a Brees/Rodgers/Brady/Manning level QB, but those are the numbers he puts up with the Chip-Kelly-factor. If you take away the Chip-Kelly-factor, I think we would see Romo/Ryan/Rivers type production.

If Foles was here he puts up Garrard level numbers. 

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

....Just as I have been saying all along. Foles is a GAME MANAGER. When the Eagles needed the QB to make big plays yesterday, he didn't or couldn't. Thats the M.O. of the GAME MANAGER QB. They can beat a whole lot of BAD teams, and rarely will lose the game for you vs bad teams, but when you need them to win games for you vs good teams, especially once facing tougher teams in the playoffs, they just are unable to. 

The Eagles will never win a SB with Nick Foles as the QB. IMO, Kelly knows this and Foles won't be the long term starter there. Kelly just made the most of what he had. 

Quote:....Just as I have been saying all along. Foles is a GAME MANAGER. When the Eagles needed the QB to make big plays yesterday, he didn't or couldn't. Thats the M.O. of the GAME MANAGER QB. They can beat a whole lot of BAD teams, and rarely will lose the game for you vs bad teams, but when you need them to win games for you vs good teams, especially once facing tougher teams in the playoffs, they just are unable to.

The Eagles will never win a SB with Nick Foles as the QB. IMO, Kelly knows this and Foles won't be the long term starter there. Kelly just made the most of what he had.

Probably would have won had Riley Cooper made that catch.

Quote:Probably would have won had Riley Cooper made that catch.

Maybe maybe not. Drops happen. Even wide open. Foles isn't the first QB thats happened to. Good QB still win despite adversity. 

Quote:Maybe maybe not. Drops happen. Even wide open. Foles isn't the first QB thats happened to. Good QB still win despite adversity. 

Unless Luck loses next week, then good QBs need good teams, right?

Quote:Maybe maybe not. Drops happen. Even wide open. Foles isn't the first QB thats happened to. Good QB still win despite adversity. 

How many wins does Kirk Cousins have as a starter? Sure worth a draft pick.... LOL.

Quote:Unless Luck loses next week, then good QBs need good teams, right?

If you can't tell that Andrew Luck is on a whole 'nother plane than Nick Foles is on regarding level of QB, then I don't know what to tell you....

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2014, 02:05 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:How many wins does Kirk Cousins have as a starter? Sure worth a draft pick.... LOL.

How many more playoff wins does Nick Foles have than Kirk Cousins? Ooops. LOL.

Quote:How many more playoff wins does Nick Foles have than Kirk Cousins? Ooops. LOL.

How many playoff wins does Chip Kelly have?  LOL guess he's a terrible coach.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:How many playoff wins does Chip Kelly have?  LOL guess he's a terrible coach.

The fact that Chip Kelly even made the playoffs with that roster and that average game manager at QB speaks to just how good of a head coach he is. 

Quote:The fact that Chip Kelly even made the playoffs with that roster and that average game manager at QB speaks to just how good of a head coach he is. 

Guess that means Jack Del Rio was a great coach.  He not only made a playoff game with an average game manager at QB and a roster that is comparable to the Eagles, but he actually won one.

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2014, 03:19 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Guess that means Jack Del Rio was a great coach.  He not only made a playoff game with an average game manager at QB and a roster that is comparable to the Eagles, but he actually won one.

JDR's Jags roster outside of QB > Kelly's Eagles roster outside of QB. 

Kelly's offense (and it indeed is Kelly's offense) scored 440 points his FIRST season. In Jack's BEST season (of NINE years of coaching) his team managed 410.

Del Rio was a defensive minded coach.  Not to mention he had to deal with Gene Smith and Shack Harris as General Managers.  Remind me who our wide receivers were that year?  Reggie Williams I believe was the top receiver in 2007. But I guess you'd take him over DeSean Jackson.  And I'm guessing you'd take Marcedes Lewis over Brent Celek too.

Kirk Cousins is garbage. Anybody who was stupid enough to ever suggest he is worth trading a 2nd or 3rd round pick for needs to quit following football. Cousins was never good. Anybody who watched him saw the poster-boy for "game manager at best".

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2014, 04:10 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Del Rio was a defensive minded coach.  Not to mention he had to deal with Gene Smith and Shack Harris as General Managers.  Remind me who our wide receivers were that year?  Reggie Williams I believe was the top receiver in 2007. But I guess you'd take him over DeSean Jackson.  And I'm guessing you'd take Marcedes Lewis over Brent Celek too.

I dunno if I'd take Reggie Williams over DeSean Jackson, but DeSean Jackson is overrated. He's a one trick pony, midget WR who is afraid to go over the middle ever since the hit from the Atlanta DB years ago and plays totally between the hash marks and the sideline. Marcedes and Brent Celek at this point of each's career are probably similar. Marcedes might even be better, gasp. Celek's regressed probably in decline to age. 

Quote:Kirk Cousins is garbage. Anybody who was stupid enough to ever suggest he is worth trading a 2nd or 3rd round pick for needs to quit following football. Cousins was never good. Anybody who watched him saw the poster-boy for "game manager at best".

....there he goes again with some more unprovoked Kirk Cousins talk. Nobody cares about Cousins anymore but you. Bashing Kirk Cousins doesn't elevate Nick Foles beyond game manager level QB, either.