Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Seahawk Fan Here

Hey guys, just wanted to share some thoughts with you.

First off, I've noticed Gus Bradley getting some grief on these boards because he is saying the right things, like, "I believe in this team." First off, as a head coach, Gus is being a leader. Leaders can't come out and criticize the team in front of the fans or the media.

Coming from Seattle, this is the same stuff we heard PC say during the first year of our rebuild, also known as coaches speak.

I can assure you that Gus knows how terrible the defense is. How inept the QB play is, and how desperate this team is for a franchise signal caller.

That said, here are some positives I see as a fan with an outside perspective.

1) Franchise LT on the roster in Luke Joeckel 

2) High probability in obtaining a franchise QB in next years draft

3) Cyprien reminds me a lot of Kam Chancellor, only he doesn't have two probowl CB's and probably the best FS in the league playing along side him.

4) Cecil Shorts is a legit #1 receiver with a good QB. If Blackmon can screw his head on right, he has the potential to be great as well.

If Jacksonville can grab a franchise signal caller in next years draft, I see that doing wonders for your passing game. Add in a RB in round 2-3, some roster churn, and cutting some fat (Gabbert, Alualu, Monroe) and this team should be in a decent cap situation two or so years down the road when your QB should be pushing you into the post season.

That said, I hope that the franchise considers trading MJD. If you can get a 3rd for him, you are getting a steal. His best days are behind him imo.

Good luck the rest of the season and I hope you guys have the #1 pick. Nothing is more deflating for a fan than watching your team pick #2 because they managed to win 2 games that year. I speak... from experience. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

You forgot to mention our interior O-line that couldn't block a high school D-line.

Thanks for your thoughts. I agree with most of it. I'd like us to keep Monroe, myself.

The interior o-line is bad right now, and the worst right now, sadly, is Meester.

The linebackers are bad too, although most will tell you they are ok.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Is Tavaris Jackson really that good or is it us?   *** PLEASE DON'T ANSWER THAT !!!! ****

how is Danthony doing? is he kicking butt like knighton  Wallbash

Quote:Is Tavaris Jackson really that good or is it us?   *** PLEASE DON'T ANSWER THAT !!!! **********

Tarvaris Jackson gets a lot of hate across the league. In fact, I, along with most Seahawk fans hated him in 2011 when Seattle went 7-9 that season.

Oddly enough, Jackson got hurt midway through 2011. Tore his peck. After that, he missed one game, manned up, and soldiered on through the rest of the season. I think most Seahawk fans, along with the Seahawk team, respect the hell out of the guy for playing hurt. Tarvaris Jackson went to Buffalo in 2012 and returned to our team this year. It really tells you how much the coaches and players appreciate him.

From a QB perspective, I've never seen Tarvaris look as good as he does this year. It's crazy, but he's looked brilliant since the preseason and it carried over into last weeks game. If Wilson were to go down for a few games, I honestly feel confident that Tarvaris Jackson could win us 2 out of every 3 games.

Tarvaris Jackson is the perfect backup QB in my eyes. He is a game manager that makes minimal mistakes. Reminds me a lot of one of your old QB's, David Gerrad. =)

Quote:how is Danthony doing? is he kicking butt like knighton  Wallbash

We've only seen a little bit from him, mostly in the 9'er game and he seemed solid against the run. He's buried on the depth chart, but the coaches seem to like him.

PC has an eye for talent on defense. In that sense, I trust that they must have seen something in D'Anthony that not many other DC's have. 

I don't know much about the kid. Is he talented and just lazy? It seems we brought him in to stop the run. Appreciate any info on him positive or negative. 

Also, Will Blackmon was a good pickup for you guys. Most Seahawk fans wanted to keep him, but we are so stacked at CB is just wasn't feasible. Our 3rd and 4th CB's Walter Thurmond III and Maxwell would start on most teams.

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2013, 02:33 PM by JagsFan1.)

Quote:Hey guys, just wanted to share some thoughts with you.

First off, I've noticed Gus Bradley getting some grief on these boards because he is saying the right things, like, "I believe in this team." First off, as a head coach, Gus is being a leader. Leaders can't come out and criticize the team in front of the fans or the media.

Coming from Seattle, this is the same stuff we heard PC say during the first year of our rebuild, also known as coaches speak.

I can assure you that Gus knows how terrible the defense is. How inept the QB play is, and how desperate this team is for a franchise signal caller.

3) Cyprien reminds me a lot of Kam Chancellor, only he doesn't have two probowl CB's and probably the best FS in the league playing along side him.

4) Cecil Shorts is a legit #1 receiver with a good QB. If Blackmon can screw his head on right, he has the potential to be great as well.

If Jacksonville can grab a franchise signal caller in next years draft, I see that doing wonders for your passing game. Add in a RB in round 2-3, some roster churn, and cutting some fat (Gabbert, Alualu, Monroe) and this team should be in a decent cap situation two or so years down the road when your QB should be pushing you into the post season.

That said, I hope that the franchise considers trading MJD. If you can get a 3rd for him, you are getting a steal. His best days are behind him imo.

Good luck the rest of the season and I hope you guys have the #1 pick. Nothing is more deflating for a fan than watching your team pick #2 because they managed to win 2 games that year. I speak... from experience. 

No to this
No

Monroe isn't part of the problem. Go back and watch him v. Seattle. He good.

Hey Seahawks fan .... good luck the remainder of the year and throughout the playoffs.   I'll be rooting for you .... just don't sell all your SB tickets like you did against the Steelers.   No wonder why the refs felt compelled to slightly favor my hometown Steelers in that game -- HA !!!

Anyway, I'm serious about wishing you guys a great season and do hope you all win the SB in NYC !!!

That 12th Man stuff is crazy !!!

Quote:Monroe isn't part of the problem. Go back and watch him v. Seattle. He good.

Monroe is good, but how long do you expect Jacksonville to keep two high priced LT's on the team?

I'm not sure what type of blocking scheme you are running, but if Gus switches to a ZBS you can grab guards in rounds 3-5 and maybe pick up a RT with a 2nd round pick once you dump/trade Monroe (don't know his contract details).

Gotta disagree like others, monroe might be the best player on this roster.  He is going to be a free agent next year, I would like to see him resigned esp cause Joeckel is on the cheap for the next few years.  Now if you can franchise monroe and fetch a first round pick that would be a great move since you get first round talent and a player on the cheap instead of an older player you have to give good money too

Quote:Monroe is good, but how long do you expect Jacksonville to keep two high priced LT's on the team?

I'm not sure what type of blocking scheme you are running, but if Gus switches to a ZBS you can grab guards in rounds 3-5 and maybe pick up a RT with a 2nd round pick once you dump/trade Monroe (don't know his contract details).

monroe is still on his rookie contract.  luke's contract is very cheap.  even if we extend monroe, luke will be on his rookie contract for quite some time.  monroe may never be a probowler, but he isn't the problem on this team.

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2013, 04:52 PM by lvseahawk.)

I hear what you guys are saying, but why did Jacksonville draft Joeckel?

Having two bookend tackles is a great luxury, and while Joeckel is on the cheap now, he will demand a big contract in just a few years. Thinking long-term, how much money do you guys want tied up in two guys who play the same position? I highly doubt Joeckel or Monroe are going to sign a RT contract. That means shelling out LT money on two players.. If you franchise Monroe, is he worth the price of a top 5 LT?

Furthermore, the rookie you draft next year will be up for a renewed contract the year after you re-up Joeckel. 

Fiscally speaking, that's a lot of dough tied up on the O-Line and possible #1 pick without accounting for any FA spending.

I'm not saying Monroe isn't worth the money, but if he was in Jacksonvilles long term plans, why draft another LT? Did your GM ever explain the Joeckel pick?

Quote: 

I'm not saying Monroe isn't worth the money, but if he was in Jacksonvilles long term plans, why draft another LT? Did your GM ever explain the Joeckel pick?

Because our o-line has been horrid, Joeckel was the BAP on the board and Guy Whimper was probably the worst RT of all time.

Quote:Thanks for your thoughts. I agree with most of it. I'd like us to keep Monroe, myself.

This.

Lucky

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2013, 09:53 PM by t-rex.)

The bold print is what scares me as a Colts fan for the Jaguars future. If they can find good quarterbacking, I think the passing game could really be good. I love the Jaguars talent on the outside. The fact that they are so relatively ineffective, really shows the value of a good QB. 

While I definitely respect your observations on the team, I don't think Monroe is going anywhere. I saw you called Joeckel the LT, but it's actually Monroe who is the LT, so perhaps you've confused the two.

Monroe bounces between the top 5 and top 10 LTs in the NFL.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:I hear what you guys are saying, but why did Jacksonville draft Joeckel?

Having two bookend tackles is a great luxury, and while Joeckel is on the cheap now, he will demand a big contract in just a few years. Thinking long-term, how much money do you guys want tied up in two guys who play the same position? I highly doubt Joeckel or Monroe are going to sign a RT contract. That means shelling out LT money on two players.. If you franchise Monroe, is he worth the price of a top 5 LT?

Furthermore, the rookie you draft next year will be up for a renewed contract the year after you re-up Joeckel. 

Fiscally speaking, that's a lot of dough tied up on the O-Line and possible #1 pick without accounting for any FA spending.

A. It was a very weak draft and Joeckel was by far the BAP

B. This is the new NFL. 2 dominant OTs are no longer a luxury, they're required. Teams are passing more than ever, and DCs are getting more and more creative, putting their premium pass rusher on all positions of the line to take advantage of matchups. They can't do that if you have a stud at both RT and LT. I think we'll keep Monroe. He's just too valuable to let walk when all we would get is a 3rd round compensatory pick in return.

10 years ago we had Bob Hope, Johnny Cash, and Steve Jobs..... Please don't die, Kevin Bacon.