Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Seahawk Fan Here

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2013, 03:09 AM by Voltage-.)

Quote:Monroe is good, but how long do you expect Jacksonville to keep two high priced LT's on the team?

Oh, I don't know, 10 years sound about right?

All of this talk about letting Monroe walk is ridiculous (not singling you out here, people here as well as the national media do it all the time). We drafted Joeckel to improve our roster. If we let Monroe walk and put Joeckel at LT, we didn't improve the roster at all. We're right back to having some scrub sucking oxygen at right tackle. 

Oct2 edit: Man do I look stupid!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I hear what you guys are saying, but why did Jacksonville draft Joeckel?

Having two bookend tackles is a great luxury, and while Joeckel is on the cheap now, he will demand a big contract in just a few years. Thinking long-term, how much money do you guys want tied up in two guys who play the same position? I highly doubt Joeckel or Monroe are going to sign a RT contract. That means shelling out LT money on two players.. If you franchise Monroe, is he worth the price of a top 5 LT?

Furthermore, the rookie you draft next year will be up for a renewed contract the year after you re-up Joeckel. 

Fiscally speaking, that's a lot of dough tied up on the O-Line and possible #1 pick without accounting for any FA spending.

I'm not saying Monroe isn't worth the money, but if he was in Jacksonvilles long term plans, why draft another LT? Did your GM ever explain the Joeckel pick?
One reason for signing Luke was the GM thought he was the best player in the draft... I'm sure you've heard of J.J.Watt... he moves from one DE side to the other and he's made life miserable for the Jags RT's the last couple of years... in the past, in the NFL, the RT's are known more for their run blocking than pass blocking...things are slowly changing because of what defenses are doing and more and more teams have two quality pass rushers... so having someone like Luke playing RT will only make the Jags better in the long run if they can fix the interior of the OL...
[url=http://home.comcast.net/~midimusic2006/mp3/sec/Tennessee__Rocky_Top.mp3][/url]</P><P>
;
 </P> <DIV class=b2></DIV>
;

If we go QB. I would go c g g next three rounds. Unless a great potential player dropped in another position.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:One reason for signing Luke was the GM thought he was the best player in the draft... I'm sure you've heard of J.J.Watt... he moves from one DE side to the other and he's made life miserable for the Jags RT's the last couple of years... in the past, in the NFL, the RT's are known more for their run blocking than pass blocking...things are slowly changing because of what defenses are doing and more and more teams have two quality pass rushers... so having someone like Luke playing RT will only make the Jags better in the long run if they can fix the interior of the OL...
You hit the nail on the head. The NFL has started to pay RT's now because the QB is so important. Protecting him is paramount.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Looks like I was right about trading Monroe..  :whistling:

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2013, 05:10 PM by Setsuna00.)

Quote:If we go QB. I would go c g g next three rounds. Unless a great potential player dropped in another position.
This is the epitome of true fandom. Lord. Wallbash

I might need to put this in my sig. This is just....I mean....wow.

A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

Quote:Hey guys, just wanted to share some thoughts with you.

First off, I've noticed Gus Bradley getting some grief on these boards because he is saying the right things, like, "I believe in this team." First off, as a head coach, Gus is being a leader. Leaders can't come out and criticize the team in front of the fans or the media.

Coming from Seattle, this is the same stuff we heard PC say during the first year of our rebuild, also known as coaches speak.

I can assure you that Gus knows how terrible the defense is. How inept the QB play is, and how desperate this team is for a franchise signal caller.

That said, here are some positives I see as a fan with an outside perspective.

1) Franchise LT on the roster in Luke Joeckel 

2) High probability in obtaining a franchise QB in next years draft

3) Cyprien reminds me a lot of Kam Chancellor, only he doesn't have two probowl CB's and probably the best FS in the league playing along side him.

4) Cecil Shorts is a legit #1 receiver with a good QB. If Blackmon can screw his head on right, he has the potential to be great as well.

If Jacksonville can grab a franchise signal caller in next years draft, I see that doing wonders for your passing game. Add in a RB in round 2-3, some roster churn, and cutting some fat (Gabbert, Alualu, Monroe) and this team should be in a decent cap situation two or so years down the road when your QB should be pushing you into the post season.

That said, I hope that the franchise considers trading MJD. If you can get a 3rd for him, you are getting a steal. His best days are behind him imo.

Good luck the rest of the season and I hope you guys have the #1 pick. Nothing is more deflating for a fan than watching your team pick #2 because they managed to win 2 games that year. I speak... from experience. 

Shorts is not a legit number 1. He's at best a number 2. 

Quote:Looks like I was right about trading Monroe..  :whistling:

Good call! It wasn't something I saw coming.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2013, 06:29 PM by Mowerguy.)

You sure called it...now about those other two...wonder if we could anything for them.

Maybe a free beer? Ham samich?

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:Shorts is not a legit number 1. He's at best a number 2. 
He's a #1, and when we get a real QB you'll see it. I think Blackmon has the talent to also be a #1 giving us a damn good WR core. 

I think of Shorts and Blackmon as 1A and 1B, and I'm sure the coaches will probably say something similar.  I see Blackmon's ceiling higher though.

Good call.

Was there any talk in the Seattle media about the Seahawks having interest in Eugene Monroe as a result of the injury to Russell Okung that landed him on the short term I.R. list?

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2013, 10:56 PM by lvseahawk.)

Quote:Good call.

Was there any talk in the Seattle media about the Seahawks having interest in Eugene Monroe as a result of the injury to Russell Okung that landed him on the short term I.R. list?

<p style="font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);"> 

<p style="font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">Ukung is on the designated to return list. We expect him back in about 5-6 weeks. Right around the same time we get Percy Harvin.

<p style="font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">That said, I don't think Seattle had any interest in Monroe for two reasons.

<p style="font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">1) Cost. Draft capital + New contract

<p style="font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">     *We have hit the jackpot on late round picks like Richard Sherman, Kam Chancellor, JR Sweezy, and Russell Wilson to name a few. There is no way our FO      would have traded away draft capital considering how we build our team through the draft.

<p style="font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">2) Zone blocking scheme. I'm not sure Monroe would even be a fit for our system.

<p style="font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">That said, this is looking more and more like a Pete Carroll rebuild. Something that Gus Bradley was apart of from day one. Trust me when I say this, no player, outside of Joeckel is safe on your roster. When Pete Carroll took over, we cut ties with fan favorites like Lofa Tatupu (pro-bowler), Matt Hasselbeck (only QB in franchise histroy to take our team to a Super Bowl), and many others. At the time, many Seahawk fans thought that the sky was falling, but every move improved our team.

<p style="font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">Guys I could possibly see on the chopping block moving forward.

<p style="font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">1) Justin Blackmon. I think he would bring good draft capital, and Gus would probably be more than happy to part ways and let someone else deal with this headache.

<p style="font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">2) Tyson Alualu. Gus Bradley likes a certain mold at each defensive position, and Alualu probably doesn't fit. Also, he's not getting any younger.

<p style="font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">3) MJD. I could see Gus trading him away at anytime. 

<p style="font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">Speaking from experience, roster turnover is a good thing, so don't panic. Also, don't panic if Cecil Shorts gets traded next week. Gus will blow this team up, but I'd guess you will see an improvement in talent as early as next season.

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2013, 03:13 AM by Voltage-.)

Quote: 

Ukung is on the designated to return list. We expect him back in about 5-6 weeks. Right around the same time we get Percy Harvin.

That said, I don't think Seattle had any interest in Monroe for two reasons.

1) Cost. Draft capital + New contract

*We have hit the jackpot on late round picks like Richard Sherman, Kam Chancellor, JR Sweezy, and Russell Wilson to name a few. There is no way our FO      would have traded away draft capital considering how we build our team through the draft.

2) Zone blocking scheme. I'm not sure Monroe would even be a fit for our system.

That said, this is looking more and more like a Pete Carroll rebuild. Something that Gus Bradley was apart of from day one. Trust me when I say this, no player, outside of Joeckel is safe on your roster. When Pete Carroll took over, we cut ties with fan favorites like Lofa Tatupu (pro-bowler), Matt Hasselbeck (only QB in franchise histroy to take our team to a Super Bowl), and many others. At the time, many Seahawk fans thought that the sky was falling, but every move improved our team.

Guys I could possibly see on the chopping block moving forward.

1) Justin Blackmon. I think he would bring good draft capital, and Gus would probably be more than happy to part ways and let someone else deal with this headache.

2) Tyson Alualu. Gus Bradley likes a certain mold at each defensive position, and Alualu probably doesn't fit. Also, he's not getting any younger.

3) MJD. I could see Gus trading him away at anytime. 

Speaking from experience, roster turnover is a good thing, so don't panic. Also, don't panic if Cecil Shorts gets traded next week. Gus will blow this team up, but I'd guess you will see an improvement in talent as early as next season.

Blackmon: Not happening.

Alualu: Also not happening, for a different reason. He has more value here than anywhere else. He'd be a backup DT on every other team, here he's a starting DE with some potential. He's not nearly as bad as people make him out to be. He's just not worth anywhere near where he was picked. No team is going to trade for him either. 

MJD: Hopefully we get something for him. I'd take a 5th. I love the guy but it's time to part ways. 

You can just about guarantee Shorts isn't going anywhere. He's the biggest lock on the entire roster of staying. If we could get a 6th for Lewis I'd be thrilled. 5th for Lowery?

This team has way too many holes if it will ever compete for a division title. The QB and defense is just the tip of the iceberg.

No pain, no gain.

Quote:Blackmon: Not happening.

Alualu: Also not happening, for a different reason. He has more value here than anywhere else. He'd be a backup DT on every other team, here he's a starting DE with some potential. He's not nearly as bad as people make him out to be. He's just not worth anywhere near where he was picked. No team is going to trade for him either. 

MJD: Hopefully we get something for him. I'd take a 5th. I love the guy but it's time to part ways. 

You can just about guarantee Shorts isn't going anywhere. He's the biggest lock on the entire roster of staying. If we could get a 6th for Lewis I'd be thrilled. 5th for Lowery?

Blackmon might fetch a #1 draft pick. I could see it going down much like Cleveland unloaded Trent Richardson while he still had value. Keep in mind that Gus Bradley and company did not draft Blackmon, thus, they are not tied to him. It doesn't mean they won't hold onto him, but trading him for a pick is still a definite possibility. 

Alualu is playing the LEO role (assumption, since I don't watch many Jaguar games), which is the same role Chris Clemons plays for the Seahawks. Clemons, who was acquired from the Eagles when Pete Carroll first arrived, was a head scratcher to many fans, because the guy was in his late twenties and hardly had any production. Chris Clemons is now a pro-bowl DE, and I would attribute nearly all of his success to the system he is in, and how his skill-set fits into that system. For Alualu, the question is, does he fit the system? Throw out terminology like whether or not he is a "good" player, everything now becomes about players fitting a certain mold and production. It doesn't matter if he could be a backup NT for another team if Gus needs him to play the LEO spot and get 10-11 sacks a year. If Alualu can't do it, Gus will get rid of him and find someone who can. I'm certain of that. That said, I don't watch many Jaguar games, so it's possible he is being double teamed a lot. Bottom line, if he is up for a new contract, is he worth paying top 10 DE money to? Personally, I'd say no, but I haven't seen or heard much about him since his rookie season.

One last thing, the only reason I threw Shorts in there, is because outside of Blackmon, he would command the most amount of draft capital. Having Shorts on the team is a great benefactor if the FO decides to go QB in next years draft, as it gives the QB a reliable receiver to throw to. If they decide to go a different direction next year, and say, trade out of the #1 spot for a ton of picks, I don't see it outside the realm of possibility where Shorts also gets traded.

If you haven't caught onto my recurring theme here, it's about gaining as much draft capital as possible. Having two stud receivers doesn't mean much at the end of the day if your OL can't pass protect, your offense has no running game, and your QB is below average. If Gus builds the team the way Pete Carroll did, the first year is usually spent building up the trenches, which means DL and OL picks. They aren't sexy, but they setup the team for success years down the road.

Quote: 

Alualu is playing the LEO role (assumption, since I don't watch many Jaguar games), which is the same role Chris Clemons plays for the Seahawks. Clemons, who was acquired from the Eagles when 
He plays opposite the LEO.  (think Red Bryant)

Babin and Branch split reps at LEO.

Quote:He plays opposite the LEO.  (think Red Bryant)

Babin and Branch split reps at LEO.

Branch at LEO huh, that's a surprise! Don't think he ever took a snap at LEO as a Seahawk.

Red Bryant is predominately used as a run stuffer where he seals the edge and gets penetration into the backfield. I'd say he is more of a space eating DE, who frees up the LB's to make plays. I'm not sure how Alualu fits in with that, but I know that Red Bryant is signed to a reasonable contract.

Quote:Branch at LEO huh, that's a surprise! Don't think he ever took a snap at LEO as a Seahawk.

Red Bryant is predominately used as a run stuffer where he seals the edge and gets penetration into the backfield. I'd say he is more of a space eating DE, who frees up the LB's to make plays. I'm not sure how Alualu fits in with that, but I know that Red Bryant is signed to a reasonable contract.
Andre Branch was never a seahawk. (Babin plays more snaps than him anyway)   And your description of Bryant's role is exactly what Alualu's role is - he's just not very good at it. 

Quote:Andre Branch was never a seahawk. (Babin plays more snaps than him anyway)   And your description of Bryant's role is exactly what Alualu's role is - he's just not very good at it. 

Did you guys sign Allen Branch? Could of swore he was a Jaguar.

Nice to know Andre Branch was taking snaps at DE and NOT Alan Branch.