Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This Guy.....is The Future Of Our Organization

and let me start off by saying, that as a black man, i am in no way "hating" when i say I'm not too fond of black QBs or the mobile QBs that have been coming into the league...however, THIS guy is talented. Remember he's at UCLA. if he was QBing for USC they'd be undefeated and he'd have all the national media love

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brett_Hundley

we have 3 options (this is IF we have the #1 overall pick) as projected

take Clowney #1 and grab another QB in the second round, hoping one of the top QBs slip

or trade with Cleveland for their two 1st rounders, so they can grab TB..then we grab Hundley and Best Available with their 2 picks

or

take TB #1 to appease the world or "REACH" for Hundley at #1 knowing how much he will FOREVER be compared to TB.

I'm not sold on Bridgewater and I don't feel he's #1 overall worthy. So hopefully we DONT have the #1 overall pick to make it easier for us.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Or we can just stick with the QB who is the most pro ready. Hundley is a project, we don't need another project at QB. No thanks.

"Not sold on Bridgewater" is the new black

1. This belongs in the College forum.  Players that are not Jaguars yet are discussed either in the college forum or the NFL at large forum.  

2. If we take Hundley  after trading with Cleveland, and Cleveland selects Bridgewater, Hundley will still forever be compared with Bridgewater

3. The only way the team should take Clowney (as much as I'd love to have him on the team, believe me) is if they feel no QB is Top-10 Active QB material.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

I'm all for trading all of next years picks (2-7) + MJD + next years 1st for pick #2, we draft Bridgewater and Clowney go home happy.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:I'm all for trading all of next years picks (2-7) + MJD + next years 1st for pick #2, we draft Bridgewater and Clowney go home happy.

Which is why you aren't a GM

Quote: 

I'm not sold on Bridgewater and I don't feel he's #1 overall worthy. So hopefully we DONT have the #1 overall pick to make it easier for us.
The more QBs that come to the top the better for us @ #1.  Think about trading down in the 1st round and bundling picks AND still getting a top notch QB.

Quote:The more QBs that come to the top the better for us @ #1.  Think about trading down in the 1st round and bundling picks AND still getting a top notch QB.

Shouldn't be difficult with this class.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Which is why you aren't a GM

There's plenty of reasons I'm not a GM, but on a serious note I know the above isn't even possible just saying it would be sweet to get the top rated QB and possibly the best DE to come out since Reggie White in the same draft.

You know you'd go home happy to.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:There's plenty of reasons I'm not a GM, but on a serious note I know the above isn't even possible just saying it would be sweet to get the top rated QB and possibly the best DE to come out since Reggie White in the same draft.

Haven't we learned our lesson about trading away picks?

My two pennies: Just take Teddy and call it a day.

Quote:There's plenty of reasons I'm not a GM, but on a serious note I know the above isn't even possible just saying it would be sweet to get the top rated QB and possibly the best DE to come out since Reggie White in the same draft.

Nah.  I'd be happy if Roger Goodell rewarded the Jaguars the first and second picks just for the London games.  But trading away picks would leave this team in a bad position.  

We need more than Bridgewater.  And we need more than Clowney.  Maybe if we were a team like.. the Vikings, sure. If we were a team like the texans, and Bridgewater is all they think he will be, then it'd probably create a dynasty.  But the Jags are low on talent. 

:down:

Just when I thought Brett Hundley wasn't being overrated enough.

TEST

Quote:The more QBs that come to the top the better for us @ #1.  Think about trading down in the 1st round and bundling picks AND still getting a top notch QB.

Quote:Shouldn't be difficult with this class.
yeah no problem, trade down and still get a franchise QB, these guys got it figured out

Quote:1. This belongs in the College forum.  Players that are not Jaguars yet are discussed either in the college forum or the NFL at large forum.  

2. If we take Hundley  after trading with Cleveland, and Cleveland selects Bridgewater, Hundley will still forever be compared with Bridgewater

3. The only way the team should take Clowney (as much as I'd love to have him on the team, believe me) is if they feel no QB is Top-10 Active QB material.

What if they think they can get a top-10 active QB material at pick #33?

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2013, 03:21 AM by vagrantwade.)

Quote:What if they think they can get a top-10 active QB material at pick #33?

Then they clearly know something no other GM does. Or someone will trade back into the first and snag them.

TEST

Teddy Bridgewater is easily the best QB for the upcoming draft. I need to see more of Hundley but Teddy would just instantly make this team competitive.
Shock the world

If they're right, that's fine.  If they're wrong, then I imagine Dave Caldwell will not remain throughout his contract if he passes up on a Top 10 QB in the 1st, and drafts an average-to-below average QB in the second. 

Why take that chance?  No guarantee "that guy" will be there at 33.

Plus, just go with the better quarterback and call it a day.