Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bradley's Comments On Gabbert

Quote:<div>"Bradley said Gabbert in practice on Friday ran with the scout team, which Bradley said was a matter of Gabbert reading a play off a card and playing relaxed. Bradley said he played well in that situation, Gabbert’s first time running with the scout team this season.

“I talked to him about that,” Bradley said. “It looked like he was just playing. He was free, and throwing the ball and throwing it on the run. I told him, ‘That right there, what you just did? That’s what we have to capture.’ Those are the things that are promising for us.”

</div>

Anyone find it ironic that Gabbert was better off executing the Seattle plan vs. the Jags offensive plan? Or has the light bulb brightened for our HC that Gabbert might be better in a offense where he can see and make plays?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Hard to argue either way.. he "won" the starting job running their offense. This kid has never just let it rip and played for some fun. It is now or never. I figured he would have said screw it and played like their is no tomorrow sooner.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

I think he did it once, against green bay which was his only career 300 yard game. He was injured the week before and it looked like he just went out and threw it to take his mind off the injury, never saw that kind of play since, just dink and dunk

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Jagu...4d15aafe6c

Gus says alot about BG and how they expect him to improve.

I just realized that we've already dismissed Gabbert (me included) and wen't onto talking about the 2014 draft.  But wasn't the original idea to see if Gabbert is the guy, or at least see what he can (or can't) do.  He hasn't even played a full game yet.  All we saw was a handful of quarters with a bumb thumb, bad protection, and a bunch of receivers slowdancing with the DBs.  

I'm expecting them to draft a QB next year.  But just saying, we probably should wait until he's got Marcades and Blackmon back in game 5 before we completely judge where he's at.  For Bridgewater fans, we may not be as close to getting him as you think if Gabbert plays more like he did in the preseason.  

Also just have to add that Shorts is a top 10 receiver on pace for 1472 yards!  Garbage Time Henne strikes again!!

Im sure that the coaching staff has told him that from the get go, theyve seen the tape on him the past 2 years. Its not like what we saw from the first game was any different than his whole career. Im expecting him to take more risks but there will be many more negative plays than positive ones that come from that, because he cant throw a deep ball and is inaccurate.

Quote:Also just have to add that Shorts is a top 10 receiver on pace for 1472 yards! Garbage Time Henne strikes again!!
Doesn't that mean shorts did his damage in garbage time too?

Quote:Im sure that the coaching staff has told him that from the get go, theyve seen the tape on him the past 2 years. Its not like what we saw from the first game was any different than his whole career. Im expecting him to take more risks but there will be many more negative plays than positive ones that come from that, because he cant throw a deep ball and is inaccurate.

Judging from Bradley's recent comments, I think he finally had an opportunity to tell Gabbert "Right there, what you just did...that's what I want from you".

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:Doesn't that mean shorts did his damage in garbage time too?

Also 40% of his yards came on a play where the seahawks failed to cover the one guy that Henne locks on every play. The seahawks could have left Sanders or Reisner uncovered half the time and it wouldn't have mattered, but leaving Shorts uncovered made me laugh out loud watching the play. How could a team not cover the one guy that Henne always tries to go to?

Shorts played okay, but his numbers were bigger than his actual impact.

Quote:Im sure that the coaching staff has told him that from the get go, theyve seen the tape on him the past 2 years. Its not like what we saw from the first game was any different than his whole career. Im expecting him to take more risks but there will be many more negative plays than positive ones that come from that, because he cant throw a deep ball and is inaccurate.

Yup. Blaine unleashed is gonna be just as bad if not worse. There is a reason he rarely went deep/intermediate at Mizzou and has continued that trend all the way through multiple NFL HCs and OCs.

He is so conditioned to throw quick read spread throws he has no internal clock ability. He isnt used to plays lasting longer than a quick out or hitch and throwing the deep post or comeback are more foreign to him then flying from china to spain.

Quote:Also 40% of his yards came on a play where the seahawks failed to cover the one guy that Henne locks on every play. The seahawks could have left Sanders or Reisner uncovered half the time and it wouldn't have mattered, but leaving Shorts uncovered made me laugh out loud watching the play. How could a team not cover the one guy that Henne always tries to go to?

Shorts played okay, but his numbers were bigger than his actual impact.

I can't knock a guy for being wide open.  If anything, there should be a whole lot more of that around here...  And many a receiver has taken advantage of prevent defenses, not just Shorts.

But with that said, yea, it was all garbage time pretty much so far. 

I cracked up when I read the quote from Bradley.  Of course Gabbert looked good running the scout team...he was going against the Jags 1st string defense that can't pressure a QB or cover a receiver.

Gabbert lacks instincts.  Those can't be taught and neither are they evaluated during routine practice.  That said, it looks like we're just trying various strategies in attempt to find something that he can excel -- running ?  throwing deep?  playing loose?  anything .....

Quote:I cracked up when I read the quote from Bradley. Of course Gabbert looked good running the scout team...he was going against the Jags 1st string defense that can't pressure a QB or cover a receiver.
Hahah nice.

Gabbert always looks good until the game actually matters... like the regular season.

gabbert, mojo, and scobee are colts killers.  MAKE IT HAPPEN THIS WEEKEND.

Quote:Hahah nice.

Gabbert always looks good until the game actually matters... like the regular season.

Very true

Very true

Very true

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2013, 12:49 AM by Jagmanforlife.)

He lacks the intangibles that all great QB's have like:

* Pocket Presence

* Poise

* The ability to FEEL the rush without taking your eyes off down field

* Accuracy

* Stepping up in the pocket knowing you're getting clobbered on every throw i.e. Big Ben

It's time to STOP making excuses for Gabby...Once he get's released from us next season,   He'll be in the league less than 2 years.

He's coddled more after 3 years in the league than you see with rookie QB's making their first start. 

We doing it BIG....Florida State bringing that SWAG back in 2013!!!!    

<p style="text-align:center;"> 

Lets just say I got very little faith in gabbert.  Would love for him to prove me wrong. I would also love to win the lottery too

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]