Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bradley's Comments On Gabbert

Quote: 

It's time to STOP making excuses for Gabby...

Can I please never hear that phrase again ...

Saying the team around him isn't good is not an excuse, and has nothing to do with Gabbert.  Gabbert has been in the league closer to 2 years, and has played closer to one season total than anything.  

In this time, Gabbert has not elevated the play of those around him, and has yet to carry the team.  I think we can all agree with that.  But I personally don't see anyone making "excuses".   That word gets thrown around way too much.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Also 40% of his yards came on a play where the seahawks failed to cover the one guy that Henne locks on every play. The seahawks could have left Sanders or Reisner uncovered half the time and it wouldn't have mattered, but leaving Shorts uncovered made me laugh out loud watching the play. How could a team not cover the one guy that Henne always tries to go to?

Shorts played okay, but his numbers were bigger than his actual impact.
He beat Sherman on multiple occasion, unfortunately Henne was either sacked or didn't see it most the time. 

Quote:Also 40% of his yards came on a play where the seahawks failed to cover the one guy that Henne locks on every play. The seahawks could have left Sanders or Reisner uncovered half the time and it wouldn't have mattered, but leaving Shorts uncovered made me laugh out loud watching the play. How could a team not cover the one guy that Henne always tries to go to?

Shorts played okay, but his numbers were bigger than his actual impact.

I actually wish Gabbert was more like Henne in that regard. Henne knows who on the offense will make plays if he gets them the ball. When Gabbert plays, it's always incomplete passes to guys like Reisner who couldn't separate from a middle school english teacher. 

Per NFL Network..

He's asking a dog not the bark basically.. but who knows, maybe he will actually do something this Sunday. 

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2013, 03:02 PM by JAGFAN88.)

Old new, this was in Gus's interview and Presser on Monday. Might wanna try reading the website instead of waiting for the NFL network to report old news.

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2013, 03:15 PM by Jagwired.)

Quote:Old new, this was in Gus's interview and Presser on Monday. Might wanna try reading the website instead of waiting for the NFL network to report old news.
With their incredibly biased spin. I won't even visit NFL .com anymore. 30 seconds of ads to watch a freaking 10 second highlight clip.

On subject, he needed to hear this after Malarkey's no mistakes, protect the ball at all costs mantra.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:With their incredibly biased spin. I won't even visit NFL .com anymore. 30 seconds of ads to watch a freaking 10 second highlight clip.

On subject, he needed to hear this after Malarkey's no mistakes, protect the ball at all costs mantra.
Yes he did. Not only Malarkey but Fisch in the first game told him to throw short and protect the ball. He needs to just let it Fly.

Quote:Old new, this was in Gus's interview and Presser on Monday. Might wanna try reading the website instead of waiting for the NFL network to report old news.
I don't see a post on here about it, maybe I missed it? 

and I want a billion dollars, a rocket ship, and a mansion full of models begging for it...

Quote:I don't see a post on here about it, maybe I missed it? 
http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/top...n-gabbert/

Yup, and mentioned here several times, too.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:With their incredibly biased spin. I won't even visit NFL .com anymore. 30 seconds of ads to watch a freaking 10 second highlight clip.

I agree with you on the nfl.com site. I won't go there anymore because of all the ads and graphics it takes forever to download.

Regards..............the Chiefjag

Quote:I agree with you on the nfl.com site. I won't go there anymore because of all the ads and graphics it takes forever to download.

Regards..............the Chiefjag
Lol loads in a matter of 2 seconds, you running on a windows 98 computer or something?

Quote:Lol loads in a matter of 2 seconds, you running on a windows 98 computer or something?

My computer is old, about 5 years I think, running XP something. Nonetheless other sports web sites load faster so I avoid NFL.com.

Regards..........................the Chiefjag

Quote:My computer is old, about 5 years I think, running XP something. Nonetheless other sports web sites load faster so I avoid NFL.com.

smart guy staying with xp  :thumbsup:

Quote:My computer is old, about 5 years I think, running XP something. Nonetheless other sports web sites load faster so I avoid NFL.com.

Fair enough. 

Gabbert needs to air it out- thiat is, if he can.  If he can chuck 50 yard TD's once a game, at least he'll be able to do something right.

Quote:Yes he did. Not only Malarkey but Fisch in the first game told him to throw short and protect the ball. He needs to just let it Fly.

This ^^^^^^^. You are my hero for saying that

Hopefully it will end up like when Elway told Tebow to pull the trigger before the Pit. game.  That worked out pretty good. 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...e-trigger/

NFL.com is a complete disaster.  It doesn't matter what computer you use.