Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bradley's Comments On Gabbert

Quote:Can I please never hear that phrase again ...

Saying the team around him isn't good is not an excuse, and has nothing to do with Gabbert.  Gabbert has been in the league closer to 2 years, and has played closer to one season total than anything.

In this time, Gabbert has not elevated the play of those around him, and has yet to carry the team.  I think we can all agree with that.  But I personally don't see anyone making "excuses".   That word gets thrown around way too much.  
Sounds like an excuse to me.......

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm getting 'Gabbert is awful' fatigue.  And I'm a big proponent of 'Gabbert is awful,' trust me!  

He'll be done after this season, that is increasingly clear.  Unless something changes drastically, that's the end to which his career is headed.  

Gene's Myth

Quote:Sounds like an excuse to me.......

So you admit you don't understand the difference between a statement and an excuse.

For instance:  If somebody says Blaine Gabbert threw 3 interceptions this season, and you say he threw 2.  Is that an excuse?  

Isn't Bradley's comments about Gabbert the same as the "peptalk" Coach gave to Willie Beamen when he first went into the game on Any Given Sunday?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Isn't Bradley's comments about Gabbert the same as the "peptalk" Coach gave to Willie Beamen when he first went into the game on Any Given Sunday?

If Gabbert pukes, it's a pep talk.
Signature goes here.

So we'll play loose and turn it over some more? I can't wait. Even with Lewis back in the line-up I don't expect a 200 yard passing day. Blackmon in the game? Maybe. Typical performance of <60 yards passing at half time.

No pain, no gain.

Quote:So we'll play loose and turn it over some more? I can't wait. Even with Lewis back in the line-up I don't expect a 200 yard passing day. Blackmon in the game? Maybe. Typical performance of <60 yards passing at half time.
...And what if he does have multiple turnovers while throwing for 200+?

Will you say "well, he's being aggressive. I can live with that!" Or will it be "why's he still in the game. He's throwing the game away!"

It cant be both...
Making up

Evidence

Depending on

Information

Available

Quote:...And what if he does have multiple turnovers while throwing for 200+?

Will you say "well, he's being aggressive. I can live with that!" Or will it be "why's he still in the game. He's throwing the game away!"

It cant be both...

The team has to be able to make their definitive evaluation of Gabbert this year.  They will never know if he can throw the ball down field and move the offense until he, you know actually tries to throw the ball down field.  If he plays out the season only throwing 5 yard dinks and dunks they will have to assume he can't do it.  If he becomes more aggressive and constantly throws interceptions they will know he can't do it.  The only chance he has of saving his career is to show that he can throw down field consistently and successfully moves the offense.  

Quote:So you admit you don't understand the difference between a statement and an excuse.

For instance:  If somebody says Blaine Gabbert threw 3 interceptions this season, and you say he threw 2.  Is that an excuse?  
For your information, what an individuals says or writes need not be factually accurate to qualify as a statement, it's actually expressing an opinion. Example, Blaine Gabbert is a lousy quarterback

An excuse is the statement one makes to justify or explain poor performance or failure.  Example, Gabbert has been in the league closer to 2 years, and has played closer to one season total than anything.

Other common excuses include:

He left college early, he's still young.

The O-line couldn't protect him.

The receivers were dropping balls.

He's had 4 head coaches.

He's learning a new system.

The offense is learning a new system.

We all know when he came into the league and how much playing time he's had.  So if you're not offering an "excuse", why do you feel the need to make the statement?

Quote:An excuse is the statement one makes to justify or explain poor performance or failure.

And here is the problem.  Excacly when did I do this?  What did I justify?  Or did you just ignore everything I said?  I was on the Geno Smith "bandwagon". And  I'm on the Manziel/Bridgewater bandwagon at this point.  If you're going to blast someone, use factual information.  I told you what my problem with Gabbert was, and you ignored it continuing on with nonsense about excuses.  You inexplicably listed FACTUAL INFORMATION as some form of justification against the usage of FACTUAL INFORMATION in a discussion.  I do not care what your opinion of Gabbert is.  But do not tell me I'm justifying something when i have no interest in justifying a single thing. 

Quote:Lol loads in a matter of 2 seconds, you running on a windows 98 computer or something?

NFL.com is pretty slow regardless of the computer. I mean, I'm fine but I also have a gaming computer.

Quote:smart guy staying with xp  :thumbsup:

Uh, sure... when the Vista was the new thing. There really isn't any benefit with 7, and 8 (yes, I'm serious), on the market. XP is just outdated at this point.

On topic, I really hope they let Gabbert throw and we aren't stuck with this never call a play designed to gain more than .5 yards offense.

Quote:And here is the problem.  Excacly when did I do this?  What did I justify?  Or did you just ignore everything I said?  I was on the Geno Smith "bandwagon". And  I'm on the Manziel/Bridgewater bandwagon at this point.  If you're going to blast someone, use factual information.  I told you what my problem with Gabbert was, and you ignored it continuing on with nonsense about excuses.  You inexplicably listed FACTUAL INFORMATION as some form of justification against the usage of FACTUAL INFORMATION in a discussion.  I do not care what your opinion of Gabbert is.  But do not tell me I'm justifying something when i have no interest in justifying a single thing. 
I underlined it and put it in red and you still don't remember??? Maybe this will help.....

VisitingCobra, on 25 Sept 2013 - 01:27 AM, said:     Gabbert has been in the league closer to 2 years, and has played closer to one season total than anything.<span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);"> </span>

So I'll ask again, what is the purpose of your statement?

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2013, 08:25 AM by noitaint.)

Quote:I underlined it and put it in red and you still don't remember??? Maybe this will help.....

VisitingCobra, on 25 Sept 2013 - 01:27 AM, said:

Gabbert has been in the league closer to 2 years, and has played closer to one season total than anything.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://i.imgur.com/FiutZpK.gif'>http://i.imgur.com/FiutZpK.gif</a>

Quote: 

'm pretty sure this is the first time you asked this.  

But anyway, to answer your question, I was clarifying the statement which I believe was "Gabbert has been in the league for 3 years.".   So unless you're going to tell me there is another reason, we can put that to rest.

By the way, under the logic I'm seeing here, every statement everyone makes on this board is an excuse (as long as you make up something they are justifying).  So please stop making excuses.  

Quote:'m pretty sure this is the first time you asked this.  

But anyway, to answer your question, I was clarifying the statement which I believe was "Gabbert has been in the league for 3 years.".   So unless you're going to tell me there is another reason, we can put that to rest.

By the way, under the logic I'm seeing here, every statement everyone makes on this board is an excuse (as long as you make up something they are justifying).  So please stop making excuses.  
Hey, I'm pretty sure you're wrong.  If you read the last sentence of yesterday's 8:13 PM post, you'll see it.

As I said earlier, the reason for which a statement is made is what does or does not make it an excuse.

Like it or not, there have been numerous excuses offered for Gabbert's poor performance since he was first named starting quarterback.

For the record:

I think Gabbert has the physical skills, but lacks the intangibles to do the job.  Never had it, never will.

I never wanted Geno Smith (personality issues)

Manziel/Bridgewater/anybody.....QB has to be #1 priority in the next draft.

Quote:Hey, I'm pretty sure you're wrong.  If you read the last sentence of yesterday's 8:13 PM post, you'll see it.

As I said earlier, the reason for which a statement is made is what does or does not make it an excuse.

Like it or not, there have been numerous excuses offered for Gabbert's poor performance since he was first named starting quarterback.

For the record:

I think Gabbert has the physical skills, but lacks the intangibles to do the job.  Never had it, never will.

I never wanted Geno Smith (personality issues)

Manziel/Bridgewater/anybody.....QB has to be #1 priority in the next draft.

The word "excuse" doesn't belong in sports in any fashion.  Just my opinion.  It adds nothing.

We, and probably most people on this board, are on the same page at this point as far as getting a QB next season.  There has been a lot of Manziel resistance, but I think people will eventually start coming around ...