Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Geno.

Quote:Most likely, Geno will win RoY. 
the media consensus seems to be lacy/bernard atm, if geno continues being consistently inconsistent he wont and shouldn't win.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It's a terrible year overall for offensive rookies. I think Andre Ellington could be in the conversation if the Cardinals give him some carries.

Star should get it IMO, he has turned that D into one of the top D's in the league.

Quote:It's a terrible year overall for offensive rookies. I think Andre Ellington could be in the conversation if the Cardinals give him some carries.

For sure,   Andre Ellington has made an impact as a receiver.    

While I'm not remotely counting on either player to come close to winning the Offensive Rookie of the Year,   the Lions have two Offensive Rookies that clearly made a positive impact:

G Larry Warford.     A 3rd Round pick.    As provided a noticeable upgrade at RG on both run blocking and pass protection.   

TE Joseph Fauria.    An UDRFA.    Fauria has been a force in the red zone,   as he has 5 TD's in 8 games.     On the down side,   he has a long way to go as an inline blocker.    This is a classic situation in which a player needs a full off-season in the team's off-season strength program.       

Quote:Star should get it IMO, he has turned that D into one of the top D's in the league.

Star and the overall Panthers Defense should be one of the top stories of the first half of the season.      Props to Ron Rivera and his Defensive staff.

Related to this,    Panthers OLB Thomas Davis individually is one of the best stories in any season.     Davis has overcome 3 torn ACL injuries to the same knee,  remaining an asset on one of the best Defenses in the entire league.     

Quote:If he won rookie of the year this year, do you think the Geno fans would have felt the same? Do you think they would wait a year or two to make others eat crow?

Some will definitely try to make you eat crow but reasonable ones will say give it 3 years.

Quote:the media consensus seems to be lacy/bernard atm, if geno continues being consistently inconsistent he wont and shouldn't win.

After giving this topic some thought in the last 18 hours,    at this point in time my vote would go to Eddie Lacy.     The reason being,    Lacy is making opposing Defenses pay when they use a light box against the Packers Offense.     Either Lacy is moving the chains or he's putting Aaron Rodgers in a more favorable down and distance situation.    Even with numerous injuries at WR and TE combined for the Packers,   their Offense is functioning at a high level in large part because of the addition of Lacy.

Victory Formation.

Quote:Victory Formation.

Other than Andy Reid who is the obvious Coach of the year through 9 weeks of the season,    Rex Ryan deserves serious consideration for 2nd place for NFL Coach of the year through that time span..   

Well, Well, Well, Geno smith is playing like a rookie after all.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:Well, Well, Well, Geno smith is playing like a rookie after all.

Watched most of this game and oof. Never seen a qb play more inconsistently.

Did he get benched yesterday? Just seemed like a rough day all around for Gang Green.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Did he get benched yesterday? Just seemed like a rough day all around for Gang Green.

Yeah. They threw in Simms later in the game. They had a similar performance against Cincy.

taking a page from gabbert with that performance lol

"We need to take Geno Smith at #2 overall because this is a QB league and we need a QB."

Quote:"We need to take Geno Smith at #2 overall because this is a QB league and we need a QB."

We would have been better off with taking Keenum at # 2
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:We would have been better off with taking Keenum at # 2

You think Keenum can lead a team to the playoffs?

I thought you were one of the guys that said we should take Geno Smith because this is a QB league.

Quote:You think Keenum can lead a team to the playoffs?

I thought you were one of the guys that said we should take Geno Smith because this is a QB league.

I think Keenum = Geno. Except he didn't cost a 2nd round pick.

And no, I was on the "draft the best available pass rusher" bandwagon last year. Jordan/Ziggy/Mingo.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We really need to stop the every game prediction . He's good in a game = everyone says we were dumb for not taking him. He's bad in a game = everyone says lucky we didn't take him.

Just let it play out. He's playing like a rookie and he may become a franchise qb for New York or he may not.

Quote:We really need to stop the every game prediction . He's good in a game = everyone says we were dumb for not taking him. He's bad in a game = everyone says lucky we didn't take him.

Just let it play out. He's playing like a rookie and he may become a franchise qb for New York or he may not.

^^ This.

I like the words of wisdom.