Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Geno.

Quote:So he's had a couple bad games. Does that mean you automatically discredit the success he had this season? Where were you when he was winning games? Oh, that's right.

Wait, you are still defending Geno Smith?

10 touchdowns to 21 interceptions Geno Smith?

62.9 passer rating Geno Smith?

55.3 completion % Geno Smith?

6.95 yards per attempt Geno Smith?

Only threw for more touchdowns than interceptions 1 time all season (vs the worse pass defense in the NFL) Geno Smith?

Geno Smith hasn't just had "a couple bad games". Geno Smith has had a terrible season with one good game against a terrible defense. Time to cut the line on this one, Tommy.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:So he's had a couple bad games. Does that mean you automatically discredit the success he had this season? Where were you when he was winning games? Oh, that's right.

I was here on this thread on the old board during his one good game. I said then and have maintained sense the draft Geno will be worse then Gabbert and possibly could be a one and done QB. At this point I think he'll stick on the Jets roster for another year maybe two but in the end you'll be able to say Geno was just as bad if not worse then Gabbert.

You have to at least admit your initial praise of him is off target, he sucks.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

If we "cut the line"on every rookie that struggled we would only be left with a few players.

He's been bad, no denying that but he has shown enough flashes to make you think he has a chance in the future. Everyone does realize he has the worst weapons in the league right?

Quote:If we "cut the line"on every rookie that struggled we would only be left with a few players.

He's been bad, no denying that but he has shown enough flashes to make you think he has a chance in the future. Everyone does realize he has the worst weapons in the league right?
No logic allowed here. Rookies should all be one and done after a sub-par season.
Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

He hasn't looked good at all.  BUT...he can still develop.  

Huh

Quote:If we "cut the line"on every rookie that struggled we would only be left with a few players.

I meant cut line on this debate. He is starting to sound like Oklahomie did with Gabbert. If he develops and becomes a good QB, so be it, but to pretend like he has had a successful season is ridiculous. His one good game came against the worst pass defense in the NFL.

Geno has had a few good games. But outside of those he hasn't performed like a guy you want to be the face of the franchise, not really surprised by him struggling with his transition to the NFL though.

Quote:Geno has had a few good games. But outside of those he hasn't performed like a guy you want to be the face of the franchise, not really surprised by him struggling with his transition to the NFL though.

He's had 1 good game and a couple "not bad" games. When a QB is bad, we get tricked into thinking average games are "good" when they really aren't.

Quote:He's had 1 good game and a couple "not bad" games. When a QB is bad, we get tricked into thinking average games are "good" when they really aren't.
And I thought we called that being a rookie QB... Thanks for forcing your opinion to everyone, lots of us were so wrong...

Quote:And I thought we called that being a rookie QB... Thanks for forcing your opinion to everyone, lots of us were so wrong...

Were you not here pre-draft? The Geno-fanboys forced their opinion on those of us that were not sold. We "were content with mediocrity" because we didn't want to draft the QB at #2.

"This is a QB league. You have to take the QB #2."

Well, I'm glad we didn't.

It was mainly VW who hasn't posted in a while.

Geno is terrible. Sadly, I'd still take him over Gabbert.

I like to think about all of the "Geno with the first pick and no one else!!1!1!" clamoring leading up to the draft. It makes me lolz.

Geno is not a starting NFL QB.

Glad Caldwell is smarter than most of you knuckleheads.

Quote:I like to think about all of the "Geno with the first pick and no one else!!1!1!" clamoring leading up to the draft. It makes me lolz.

This is exactly why I have continued to press the issue. The amount of flack I got for "not realizing we need a franchise QB" was ridiculous. It's too ironic.

Like I said, I'm one of the "Draft Geno" guys.

I wanted him in the 2nd round though. But I'm glad we got Cyprien instead, who shows he has the makings of a great player every week

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

I knew he was horrible just from watching many of his college games. He threw the ball up and hoped for the best.

Quote:I knew he was horrible just from watching many of his college games. He threw the ball up and hoped for the best.

Or threw a screen to Tavon Austin who made things happen.

Quote:Or threw a screen to Tavon Austin who made things happen.

I still remember a screen that he threw a good 5 feet above his WRs head.

Quote:Or threw a screen to Tavon Austin who made things happen.
That too. The guy had Woods, Bailey, and Austin at wideout. They made him look good.

Not a surprise but

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2...-nfl-draft

Its funny to think about all the people on this board last year that wanted Geno at 2, lol.