Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Geno.

Quote:He had more than one bad practice.

He struggled before training camp. Other than that, I don't recall. Link?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Im very happy to see Geno off to a strong start. I knew he was going to be a good qb and seen star potential in him. I was praying we would draft him and when he fell to the second round I just knew he was ours. Oh well Bridgewater will be better and I cant wait to watch him in the new uni's.

Quote:He struggled before training camp. Other than that, I don't recall. Link?

Of course you don't.  You've been overstating how he's been playing the entire time.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/...ork-giants

Sanchez had the job virtually wrapped up prior to his injury.  Lucky for him, the coach wanted a win so badly he put Sanchez in and that got him injured.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Of course you don't. You've been overstating how he's been playing the entire time.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/9598070/geno-smith-throws-three-interceptions-mark-sanchez-injured-new-york-giants'>http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/9598070/geno-smith-throws-three-interceptions-mark-sanchez-injured-new-york-giants</a>

Sanchez had the job virtually wrapped up prior to his injury. Lucky for him, the coach wanted a win so badly he put Sanchez in and that got him injured.

Lol. No I haven't. I've been critical when needed.

Ive posted links on the old forum stating the opposite. And where does that say Geno struggled in practice besides that one after an injury?

Quote:He had one bad practice and you made an entire thread about it...  What is the difference?

Actually, I never did. Nice try though. That is a complete distortion of the facts.

The facts are that his own coach publicly called him out to the media. His own coach was saying, and I'm paraphrasing here, "He sucks"

Now, you can keep your geno panties twisted in a bunch over it, but the fact of the matter is that in this current season, only one coach has gone on record of doing such a thing. It was newsworthy.

If that bothers you that much, that's really not my problem. Dude's coach said it, not me.

Sorry to burst your geno bubble there, sport.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

<p style="font-family:'Mercury SSm A', 'Mercury SSm B', Georgia, serif;">"It was brutal. It was Geno's worst day. I think, and obviously, the ankle's part of it, but ... way too many picks and things. Did not look comfortable today," Ryan said. "Obviously he has to come back from it, he will come back from it. It was a bad day. Everybody, we've seen it, guys have bad days. But this was a really bad day for Geno."

<p style="font-family:'Mercury SSm A', 'Mercury SSm B', Georgia, serif;"> 

<p style="font-family:'Mercury SSm A', 'Mercury SSm B', Georgia, serif;">Translation = he sucks.

Quote:Actually, I never did. Nice try though. That is a complete distortion of the facts.

The facts are that his own coach publicly called him out to the media. His own coach was saying, and I'm paraphrasing here, "He sucks"

Now, you can keep your geno panties twisted in a bunch over it, but the fact of the matter is that in this current season, only one coach has gone on record of doing such a thing. It was newsworthy.

If that bothers you that much, that's really not my problem. Dude's coach said it, not me.

Quote: 

<p style="font-family:'Mercury SSm A', 'Mercury SSm B', Georgia, serif;">"It was brutal. It was Geno's worst day. I think, and obviously, the ankle's part of it, but ... way too many picks and things. Did not look comfortable today," Ryan said. "Obviously he has to come back from it, he will come back from it. It was a bad day. Everybody, we've seen it, guys have bad days. But this was a really bad day for Geno."

<p style="font-family:'Mercury SSm A', 'Mercury SSm B', Georgia, serif;"> 

<p style="font-family:'Mercury SSm A', 'Mercury SSm B', Georgia, serif;">Translation = he sucks.

And the obvious eludes you. If you don't understand subtleties, there is nothing I can do to help you.

Don't stretch that sack too far.....

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:And the obvious eludes you. If you don't understand subtleties, there is nothing I can do to help you.

Don't stretch that sack too far.....

Believe me, I don't want your help. Every time Geno is brought up you come in and say the "Geno leg humpers" or anyone who defends him is "getting their panties in a bunch".

I enjoyed having the discussions with some of the posters who did not like Geno. Some had legitimate concerns and didn't attack other posters. It's a shame that's what this board has come to. And I probably did make some comments I shouldn't have during those debates but, never like you.

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2013, 06:54 PM by jtmoney.)

Quote:Actually, I never did. Nice try though. That is a complete distortion of the facts.

He had a really bad practice, his coach acknowledged it and you made a thread to pat yourself on the back for knowing all along that he would never be a good QB (even though it was his first offeseason). I'm simply calling out how hypocrtical you are.

Was it newsworthy? Sure, but you didn't just post it to start a conversation. You did so you could try and put down anyone who supported Geno Smith, who you consider all to be Geno lovers and then proceed to tell them to not get their panties twisted (you did so in that thread, in fact you do that a lot). You were gleefully excited by it which in itself is weird. You seem to have a bigger obsession over Geno then those who thought he would be a good QB.

I was never on the Geno train. I was on the this isn't a good draft for QB train and we should wait until 2014 to get one.

Disagreeing and debating is what makes a message board great. What you do brings down the board to a very childish, immature level. Maybe it is time to grow up?

You have an unhealthy obsession with men wearing panties. Seek help.

Keep on spinning. The fact of the matter is that his own coach did the talking. I simply made light of it.

Then, the geno lovers crawled out of the woodwork and took to arms. You were leading the charge. I think you may be a little off base about obsessions. Maybe it's not me that needs that help you speak of.

Now, can you tell me one other coach who came out to the media and did what "the rex" did? If not, there isn't a whole hell of a lot more to say here.

The only reason the dude is even starting is because of an injury to Sanchez.

Yes, I'm as glad as you are that the Jags weren't dumb enough to draft that clown. The prospects next year are better, and it's not even close.

If making light of pointing out all the imbeciles that wanted the guy drafted at #2 makes me immature, so be it. That's your POV.

I trust the people that NFL franchises hire to make decisions way more than a bunch of blowhards on a message board. Sorry if that hurts your feelings so.......

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2013, 10:44 PM by jtmoney.)

Quote:Keep on spinning. The fact of the matter is that his own coach did the talking. I simply made light of it.

Then, the geno lovers crawled out of the woodwork and took to arms. You were leading the charge. I think you may be a little off base about obsessions. Maybe it's not me that needs that help you speak of.

Now, can you tell me one other coach who came out to the media and did what "the rex" did? If not, there isn't a whole hell of a lot more to say here.

Yes, I'm as glad as you are that the Jags weren't dumb enough to draft that clown. The prospects next year are better, and it's not even close.

If making light of pointing out all the imbeciles that wanted the guy drafted at #2 makes me immature, so be it. That's your POV.

I trust the people that NFL franchises hire to make decisions way more than a bunch of blowhards on a message board. Sorry if that hurts your feelings so.......

What am I spinning?  Nothing I said was untrue. 

Leading the charge for what?  Calling you out for being a hypocrite?

Well, Rex isn't like any other coach, there's that.  Was it news worthy?  Yeah, it was worth mentioning, but you are acting like no other rookie QB has had a bad practice.  It is expected.  Right now he is 2-1 as a starting QB and actually played well in the 3rd game.  Has he played great?  No, he wasn't below average in his first two game.  In his 3rd, he showed a little more.  We will see.  I have no idea if he will be good or not.  Why not just judge him on what he does? 

Are you pirkster jr?  What is with the constant insults?  I can't imagine people getting their feelings hurt on a message board talking to someone they don't know.  I'm simply calling you out for being a hypocrite.  

Yes, just like Gene Smith right?  What is the point of a message board if you can't debate decisions made by owner/GM, etc...?  Are you saying we shouldn't debate who the Jags take in the draft?  There were many who liked Geno Smith as the #2 QB?  God forbid.  So what?  Debate them, make an argument for why they are wrong, but no need to act like a child.  Like I said, grow up. 

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2013, 10:44 PM by jtmoney.)

Double post.

On a totally different subject, is ProFootballWeekly still in business? We need Nolan Nawrocki to write another "race-bait" piece analyzing Teddy's game. The last time Nawrocki wrote about Cam and Geno, so far they turned out to be pretty decent young qbs.

Quote:On a totally different subject, is ProFootballWeekly still in business? We need Nolan Nawrocki to write another "race-bait" piece analyzing Teddy's game. The last time Nawrocki wrote about Cam and Geno, so far they turned out to be pretty decent young qbs.

He should be writing that article about Manziel this time, right?

I totally forgot.  Manziel is like THE black QB. LOL. 

Maturity problem? Check. 

Questionable Footwork and Mechanics? Check. 

Trouble with the NCAA that involves monetary value? Check. 

Problem with alcohol? Check. 

Read-option, running QB? Check. 

Play-making ability with his feet? Check. 

Heisman winner? Check.

Controversial figure in college football? Check.

But he's white and came from a very wealthy family.  lol

Quote:Keep on spinning. The fact of the matter is that his own coach did the talking. I simply made light of it.

Dude, Dakota, what the heck happened with you?  You used to be pretty cool, but now you're a mega douche.  Did you get dumped or something?

Quote:I totally forgot.  Manziel is like THE black QB. LOL. 

Maturity problem? Check. 

Questionable Footwork and Mechanics? Check. 

Trouble with the NCAA that involves monetary value? Check. 

Problem with alcohol? Check. 

Read-option, running QB? Check. 

Play-making ability with his feet? Check. 

Heisman winner? Check.

Controversial figure in college football? Check.

But he's white and came from a very wealthy family.  lol
Well, he could always play the Jew card?  Iunno.

Geno looks pretty okay his first few games.  I would've been okay with him at 2, but I'm glad we didn't draft him.  That's just how QB starved I feel, though.  I hope things work out for him.  Seems like a good kid.

Actually, Manziel comes from Lebanese descent.

The amount of of ignorance on this topic and the original is simply astounding, yet par for the course lately.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Ummmm....my post about Manziel being a black qb is obviously a sarcastic joke.

Is there anyone that still believes Geno Smith was worth the #2 overall pick? 8 turnovers in 3 1/2 games. He is missing on his throws too. He is never going to lead a team in a playoff run. He will be a journeyman QB and you don't take journeyman QBs #2 overall.

Oof. Rough game so far.