Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Geno.

I wouldn't write off Geno just yet. It would be ridiculous to. 

That said, I don't think he was worth the 2nd overall pick in last Aprils draft. Top 20? sure. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Still think some are spoiled by what Luck, Rg3, and Wilson did their rookie years. That doesn't happen often for a rookie to "get it" so quickly.

I've seen enough to know that I'm glad to know that Caldwell didn't consider him a franchise QB.

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2013, 02:16 PM by bleedingteal.)

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://rotoviz.com/index.php/2013/10/geno-smith-browning-nagle-or-peyton-manning/'>http://rotoviz.com/index.php/2013/10/geno-smith-browning-nagle-or-peyton-manning/</a>

Good read on his stats. Some may say is isnt good but it's interesting at least.

You stop reading my article because you disagree with something a reputable author, Gil Brandt, said (though I agree it was insane enough for me to think it might have been a typo), but then post an article that compares Geno Smith's stats to the Manning as if there is any correlation?

Please be objective.

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2013, 06:27 PM by bleedingteal.)

Quote:You stop reading my article because you disagree with something a reputable author, Gil Brandt, said (though I agree it was insane enough for me to think it might have been a typo), but then post an article that compares Geno Smith's stats to the Manning as if there is any correlation?

Please be objective.
The article says I'm not saying Geno will become Manning. You didn't have to read it either, won't hurt my feelings. Just posted it because I thought it was interesting.

For the record, I did go back and read the whole Brandt article while I was pooping.

Where are all his fans? lol Vagrantwade, Tommy etc?? at least one is here.

"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

Geno isn't terrible.  he has no o-line and no run game, but he is still flashing.  making rookie mistakes isn't the end of the world if you are developing.  I think he'd be excellent value in the 3rd round of last years draft, but ultimately quarterbacks are high valued prospects.  taking him in the 2nd, at our position, would have been a good pick.

Quote:I wouldn't write off Geno just yet. It would be ridiculous to. 

That said, I don't think he was worth the 2nd overall pick in last Aprils draft. Top 20? sure. 
I agree completely.

Caldwell on the other hand..... total bust hire!!   Tongue   J/K  TMD

Quote:Where are all his fans? lol Vagrantwade, Tommy etc?? at least one is here.
lol was vagrantwade all over on genos nuts last year as he is on teddys lately? 

Quote:lol was vagrantwade all over on genos nuts last year as he is on teddys lately? 
Pretty much, he was pretty mad that most people on the board wanted to pass on him.

"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

Quote:Pretty much, he was pretty mad that most people on the board wanted to pass on him.

KYjaggy was really bad. He called people idiots for thinking we would pass on a QB at #2 overall. He loved Geno.

Yes, we were the idiots.

Quote:I wouldn't write off Geno just yet. It would be ridiculous to. 

See I don't get that. Why would you put yourself into QB purgatory (getting a top 20 QB). If the QB you're targeting is not good enough for the top 5, he shouldn't be good enough for a top 100 pick.

Plus, to the same folks drafting a QB at #33 last year was genius, yet this year it's stupid.

Hypocrisy at its finest.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:See I don't get that. Why would you put yourself into QB purgatory (getting a top 20 QB). If the QB you're targeting is not good enough for the top 5, he shouldn't be good enough for a top 100 pick.
Aaron Rodgers

Quote:I've seen enough to know that I'm glad to know that Caldwell didn't consider him a franchise QB.

One of the best things Caldwell's done here. He had to know our QB position was going to be bad but he didn't panic and force the pick, I may not like a lot of things he's done but on this I'm with him 100%.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Geno looks good tonight SMH.. Darn Good.

Quote:Geno looks good tonight SMH.. Darn Good.

That TD throw was a beauty.

Has to throw the ball away on that sack though.

^^^^ agreed

To keep things in perspective, Atlanta may have the worst pass defense in the NFL. A franchise QB shouldn't need to play garbage defenses to look good.