Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Geno.

Quote:See I don't get that. Why would you put yourself into QB purgatory (getting a top 20 QB). If the QB you're targeting is not good enough for the top 5, he shouldn't be good enough for a top 100 pick.
Wow

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:To keep things in perspective, Atlanta may have the worst pass defense in the NFL. A franchise QB shouldn't need to play garbage defenses to look good.
Its the 5th week in his rookie season.

Quote:To keep things in perspective, Atlanta may have the worst pass defense in the NFL. A franchise QB shouldn't need to play garbage defenses to look good.

Everyone is keeping this in perspective. No need for you to try and downplay everything he does.

Quote:Everyone is keeping this in perspective. No need for you to try and downplay everything he does.
Exactly.. The passes are still right on the money.

Quote:Its the 5th week in his rookie season.

And in his first 4 games he showed why he dropped from a top 5 pick to a 2nd round pick.

Quote:And in his first 4 games he showed why he dropped from a top 5 pick to a 2nd round pick.

So you mean rookie QBs struggle in their first 4 games?  Wow. 

Quote:And in his first 4 games he showed why he dropped from a top 5 pick to a 2nd round pick.
No. He showed he was a rookie quarterback.

He sure is playing like a 1st tonight.

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2013, 09:40 PM by bleedingteal.)

Quote:So you mean rookie QBs struggle in their first 4 games?  Wow. 

Andrew Luck and RG3 ruined everyones perspective of rookie qbs. They almost always struggle early on. Luck/RG3 are exceptions.

Geno for MVP

Quote:So you mean rookie QBs struggle in their first 4 games? Wow.
I heard NFL defenses can be kinda tricky sometimes.

Quote:Everyone is keeping this in perspective. No need for you to try and downplay everything he does.

"Everyone" isn't keeping this in perspective. In the other thread, a certain poster (I'm sure you can guess who) is saying

"Geno Smith tonight: 8/9 134yds  2tds with 7 minutes left in the 2nd quarter. 5th game of his NFL career. Looks pretty first round to me." He is crowning Geno Smith as a 1st round pick because he finally looks like he belongs in the league. If Geno fanboys are going to post things like "Looks pretty first round to me" because the 1 game Geno is successful comes vs the 28th ranked pass defense, then I'm going to post about keeping things in perspective.

Quote:"Everyone" isn't keeping this in perspective. In the other thread, a certain poster (I'm sure you can guess who) is saying

"Geno Smith tonight: 8/9 134yds  2tds with 7 minutes left in the 2nd quarter. 5th game of his NFL career. Looks pretty first round to me." He is crowning Geno Smith as a 1st round pick because he finally looks like he belongs in the league. If Geno fanboys are going to post things like "Looks pretty first round to me" because the 1 game Geno is successful comes vs the 28th ranked pass defense, then I'm going to post about keeping things in perspective.

K

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2013, 09:45 PM by Joe.)

Quote:"Everyone" isn't keeping this in perspective. In the other thread, a certain poster (I'm sure you can guess who) is saying

"Geno Smith tonight: 8/9 134yds 2tds with 7 minutes left in the 2nd quarter. 5th game of his NFL career. Looks pretty first round to me." He is crowning Geno Smith as a 1st round pick because he finally looks like he belongs in the league. If Geno fanboys are going to post things like "Looks pretty first round to me" because the 1 game Geno is successful comes vs the 28th ranked pass defense, then I'm going to post about keeping things in perspective.
Bahahaha finally?

He has played 4 and a half games you clown.

That defense almost made it to the superbowl last year.

Geno Smith was prob finishing his last semester at the time.

Thank you.

Quote:Bahahaha finally?

He has played 4 and a half games you clown.

Has he looked like a 1st round QB in any of those four games? No. So yes, he finally is doing something 1st Round worthy.

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2013, 09:52 PM by Joe.)

Quote:Has he looked like a 1st round QB in any of those four games? No. So yes, he finally is doing something 1st Round worthy.
He looked like a rookie in those four games... which ya know... is pretty common for a rookie.

So if Geno plays like a franchise QB the rest of his career, are you gonna cry about how it took him a whole 5 GAMES to get there?

Outside of Luck/ RG3, name a franchise QB that proved they were such by the 5th week.

You preach about keeping things in perspective, yet you cant keep the fact that Geno is a rookie in perspective.

If we did draft Geno he would be probably be on IR right now.

Quote:You preach about keeping things in perspective, yet you cant keep the fact that Geno is a rookie in perspective.

I am keeping it in perspective. I didn't think Geno Smith was a franchise QB or worth the #2 overall pick. I didn't think he was worth a 1st round pick. 32 NFL GMs agreed with me. Geno Smith fell to the 2nd round in an insanely weak QB class. One good game against a terrible defense isn't going to make be believe that 32 NFL GMs were wrong.

Peyton Manning had 12 turnovers in his first four games. Guess he wasn't worth a top five pick.