Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Maurice Drew Is Done

Quote:and Jamaal Charles/ Ray Rice at RB and Michael Griffin at FS, and Mallett/ Kaepernick at QB, and Calais Campbell at DE,

And Rashad Jennings to take over from that worn out MJD.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Well, then as I said 2 years ago...., he should have been dealt while he still had value. 

You're the greatest hindsight GM on the planet. 

2 years ago he was coming off a rushing title, was in the middle of a contract extension, and was considered to be in the prime of his career.  I know you want to trade every player at their peak, but that's not normally how teams operate.  At least teams who aren't sponsored by your employer, The Greasy Spoon. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

He looks like he has no fight left in him. He used to bounce off defenders and now he goes down easily.

I feel weird agreeing with TMD but he's correct. Would love to have another hopeful rookie breaking in during these tough times as opposed to a declining tailback.

Quote:Jags could have easily gotten a 2nd rounder, minimum for MoJo 2 years ago.....and should have taken it.

You are friggin hilarious.

Didnt know Jaguars trade offers went through you.

Quote:He looks like he has no fight left in him. He used to bounce off defenders and now he goes down easily.

I think he's probably afraid to really pound it because he's trying to preserve the product for the next contract.  Unfortunately, he's a little late for that. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:You are friggin hilarious.

There's a hotline installed next to the deep fryer.

Quote:You're the greatest hindsight GM on the planet. 

2 years ago he was coming off a rushing title, was in the middle of a contract extension, and was considered to be in the prime of his career.  I know you want to trade every player at their peak, but that's not normally how teams operate.  At least teams who aren't sponsored by your employer, The Greasy Spoon. 

How can it be "hindsight" when I said it 2 years ago??? :wacko: 

Quote:He looks like he has no fight left in him. He used to bounce off defenders and now he goes down easily.

Exactly. Much like Shaun Alexander when he was falling off the career cliff. 

Quote:I feel weird agreeing with TMD but he's correct. Would love to have another hopeful rookie breaking in during these tough times as opposed to a declining tailback.

You can see it when Todman runs behind the same OL....he clearly has more burst. MoJo looks old & tired. 

Quote:You are friggin hilarious.

So you disagreee that the  Jaguars could have gotten a 2nd rounder in 2011 for Drew?

Quote:How can it be "hindsight" when I said it 2 years ago??? :wacko:

Exactly. Much like Shaun Alexander when he was falling off the career cliff.

You can see it when Todman runs behind the same OL....he clearly has more burst. MoJo looks old & tired.

So you disagreee that the Jaguars could have gotten a 2nd rounder in 2011 for Drew?

Uh yea, obviously.

Quote:Stick a fork in him. 

He's slow/ sluggish has zero burst anymore and is a shred of his former self. 

Just as I predicted 3 years ago (when the knuckleheads of this board were predicting he'd wind up the better Jags all time RB than Fred Taylor), he would decline before 30. The style of RB he was caught up to him, as expected with the early demise. 
I think your evaluation is a little premature. MJD is coming of an injury and has had little playing time to get back to his normal levl of play. Also the Oline has been anything but effective opening holes for any of the running backs. To often the running backs are engaged before the line of scrimmage on plays. A big reason hampering his running is also the fact that Greg Jones was traded! We have only one ligament wide receiver and no tight end so the defenses can jam the line. MJD has always played hurt and never admits when he is not 100%, how much of his burst is due to the ankle? I will agree that he has lost a step when it comes to the speed he had early in his career, but not enough to stick a fork in him. I will be glad to readdress this issue after our first ten games so we can see which one of use is right. With out Greg Jones it will be hard for MJD to get back to averaging over 4 yard a carrier but if he does it will be time to put the fork back in the silverware draw!

Quote:Uh yea, obviously.

Well you should just stop posting then. You haven't much NFL acumen. 

This is how I know the whole thread is stupid: The Mad Dog started it.

I never said MJD will be better than Fred Taylor. He is a different type of runner and got a lot more carries early on partly because Tom Coughlin was not conservative. The attempt to compare those two running backs was an exercise in futily. It was like comparing apples to oranges.

That said, I think if MJD does not play as long as Taylor did, being a power runner will not be why. Despite running up the middle more than outside, he was not hurt almost every year and played all 16 games most of his career. He may not be a Jaguar as long, however, because of the contract dispute and decline in performance.

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2013, 07:22 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:I think your evaluation is a little premature. MJD is coming of an injury and has had little playing time to get back to his normal levl of play. Also the Oline has been anything but effective opening holes for any of the running backs. To often the running backs are engaged before the line of scrimmage on plays. A big reason hampering his running is also the fact that Greg Jones was traded! We have only one ligament wide receiver and no tight end so the defenses can jam the line. MJD has always played hurt and never admits when he is not 100%, how much of his burst is due to the ankle? I will agree that he has lost a step when it comes to the speed he had early in his career, but not enough to stick a fork in him. I will be glad to readdress this issue after our first ten games so we can see which one of use is right. With out Greg Jones it will be hard for MJD to get back to averaging over 4 yard a carrier but if he does it will be time to put the fork back in the silverware draw!

Disagree about the Greg Jones excuse. Todman runs behind the same OL/FB and clearly looks like a clearly quicker runner. 

Quote:This is how I know the whole thread is stupid: The Mad Dog started it.

I never said MJD will be better than Fred Taylor. He is a different type of runner and got a lot more carries early on partly because Tom Coughlin was not conservative. The attempt to compare those two running backs was an exercise in futily. It was like comparing apples to oranges.

That said, I think if MJD does not play as long as Taylor did, being a power runner will not be why. Despite running up the middle more than outside, he was not hurt almost every year and played all 16 games most of his career. He may not be a Jaguar as long, however, because of the contract dispute and decline in performance.

I think you should consider dating the angry chihuahua.  I know you're a cat person and all, but he's barely a dog.

Quote:This is how I know the whole thread is stupid: The Mad Dog started it.

Last time I ever stick up for you when others bash you...

Quote:Well you should just stop posting then. You haven't much NFL acumen.

Haha why? Because I dont make up random trade offers for MJD?

Your a joke dude.

Quote:Disagree about the Greg Jones excuse. Todman runs behind the same OL and clearly looks like a clearly quicker runner. 

I don't make excuses and I think most posters on the board will agree that Greg Jones was one of the best blocking fullbacks if not the best in the NFL. Your comment was about MJD not Todman and I have not seen much out of any running back during the season due to the line play.

Quote:Haha why? Because I dont make up random trade offers for MJD?

Your a joke dude.

Its not about "random trade offers" its about having intelligence about the game. You clearly have none if you don't think MoJo could have netted a 2nd rounder 2 years ago, simply because the offer wasn't placed in front of your blinded eyes. At that point MoJo was at peak value. A RB needy team reasonably would have parted with the 2nd. The Jags didn't trade him not because there were no offers, but because they simply didn't want to trade him. 

lol I'm gonna bump this thread in a few weeks

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2013, 07:31 PM by badger.)

Quote:Jags could have easily gotten a 2nd rounder, minimum for MoJo 2 years ago.....and should have taken it. 

And Gene would have spent a second rounder on some worthless guy in the draft like most other picks.

MJD might have finally hit the wall, but he was still one of the only bright spots on the team for a long time.  It made no sense to trade him then unless they wanted to lose.  Gene Smith was trying to complete his 3 year rebuild, and MJD hit his peak right there in year 2-3.  Unfortunately we had no QB and alot of the draft picks were worthless, so Gene's master plan never worked out.

What good would a 2nd rounder do when Gene Smith is the guy picking?  Odds are it would have been another bust anyway.