Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Maurice Drew Is Done

Quote:Again....its not just about the runs for no gain....

Do people not understand what they are watching??

I can clearly see MoJo is way slower than he used to be even on runs in space. Runs that would have been taken for 50 before, now are going for 10. Theres simply no burst like there used to be. 
Can't you read what I said? I agreed he has lost a step in my comment but did not agree it's time to stick a fork in him, and I am not ready to turn the starting job over to Todman until he earns it.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Stick a fork in him. 

He's slow/ sluggish has zero burst anymore and is a shred of his former self. 

Just as I predicted 3 years ago (when the knuckleheads of this board were predicting he'd wind up the better Jags all time RB than Fred Taylor), he would decline before 30. The style of RB he was caught up to him, as expected with the early demise. 

Yet you're the dolt who thought we were getting something more than a fourth rounder...

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2013, 07:56 PM by dennisp3.)

Considering the OL and QB play, I don't think it's fair to assess any RB on this team.

MJD may be joking it up at the 2 minute mark down by 28, but once he lands on a decent team next year as a role player, I think he can get back up to 4 YPC

Quote:Can't you read what I said? I agreed he has lost a step in my comment but did not agree it's time to stick a fork in him, and I am not ready to turn the starting job over to Todman until he earns it.  

reality comes before perception. I agree with you that I'd leave MoJo as starter at this point, anyway....Anything to help us get Bridgewater

Remember when Seattle tried to trade Sean Alexander and nobody was interested in his prime? It's hard to trade running backs for anything apart from late picks.

Minus the baffling T Rich trade this week. But how many 2nd year running backs are put on the trade block?

It stinks when a player gives years of excellent play for the team, its fans, and the minute he loses a step you through him under the bus! It will be difficult for any running back to have a successful season if the line does not elevate its play. You can hold me to this comment, MJD will be the best running back on this team this year.

Smart move by the Jags to have his contract end this year....

I personally like Todman but the comparison isn't even legitimate. Todman ran 2 plays which yes he scored on one, but unfortunately he scored when the game didn't matter. Seattle had their 2nd and 3rd string in at that point. The offensive line is playing poor and MJD is literally running into his own line or a defender before the first yard. If you watch most running plays from other teams. Their guys are capable of getting to the next level/ 4 yards before making contact. I understand he has probably lost a step, especially coming off surgery months ago. But to put a fork in him is ridiculous. On top of it all he's running with a new offensive blocking scheme and the entire offensive play calling is boring. They haven't tried getting him out in space. Then again how do you do that with no passing threat to the defense. 

Quote:reality comes before perception. I agree with you that I'd leave MoJo as starter at this point, anyway....Anything to help us get Bridgewater
Thanks for agreeing not to agree with me! I think we kick this dead horse enough, time to move on.

Quote:I personally like Todman but the comparison isn't even legitimate. Todman ran 2 plays which yes he scored on one, but unfortunately he scored when the game didn't matter. Seattle had their 2nd and 3rd string in at that point. The offensive line is playing poor and MJD is literally running into his own line or a defender before the first yard. If you watch most running plays from other teams. Their guys are capable of getting to the next level/ 4 yards before making contact. I understand he has probably lost a step, especially coming off surgery months ago. But to put a fork in him is ridiculous. On top of it all he's running with a new offensive blocking scheme and the entire offensive play calling is boring. They haven't tried getting him out in space. Then again how do you do that with no passing threat to the defense.
Well said!

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2013, 08:15 PM by Joe.)

Quote:Its not about "random trade offers" its about having intelligence about the game. You clearly have none if you don't think MoJo could have netted a 2nd rounder 2 years ago, simply because the offer wasn't placed in front of your blinded eyes. At that point MoJo was at peak value. A RB needy team reasonably would have parted with the 2nd. The Jags didn't trade him not because there were no offers, but because they simply didn't want to trade him. 

Aaaaaaand you know the inner workings of the NFL because you think we could of gotten a 2nd? Sounds legit.

Im the blinded one because I didn't assume we could get a 2nd for him? Yet you are not because you make up phantom trade offers?

God I hope I can be as football savy as you are. Despite offers during his holdout ( non of which were close to a 2nd btw) TMD still knows he coulda gotten a 2nd for him.

Again, your a joke dude.

Quote:It stinks when a player gives years of excellent play for the team, its fans, and the minute he loses a step you through him under the bus! It will be difficult for any running back to have a successful season if the line does not elevate its play. You can hold me to this comment, MJD will be the best running back on this team this year.

Oh please...save the drama Oprah....he's no saint - remember the holdout???.....Fred Taylor, he's not....in many ways. 

Quote:Aaaaaaand you know the inner workings of the NFL because you think we could of gotten a 2nd? Sounds legit.

Im the blinded one because I didn't assume we could get a 2nd for him? Yet you are not because you make up phantom trade offers?

God I hope I can be as football savy as you are. Despite offers during his holdout ( non of which were close to a 2nd btw) TMD still knows he coulda gotten a 2nd for him.

Again, your a joke dude.

yes, okay fanboy,,,

Quote:It stinks when a player gives years of excellent play for the team, its fans, and the minute he loses a step you through him under the bus! I
Given the fact that he made about $30m, I think it's fair.  If a company's stock price drops, the CEO gets fired as well.  That's pretty much the way life is.

Quote:yes, okay fanboy,,,

Great response!

Im not a "fanboy" of anybody... ESPECIALLY on a team that is 2-19 the last two seasons.

There are things worse being a " fanboy " anyway... hey, atleast its not as bad as being a grown man, posting trade rumors that he himself had made up, on a football message board.

Quote:Given the fact that he made about $30m, I think it's fair.  If a company's stock price drops, the CEO gets fired as well.  That's pretty much the way life is.

Yep!....bingo!....not sure why MoJo deserves better treatment. 

I needed a good laugh  :teehee:

Quote:Great response!

Im not a "fanboy" of anybody... ESPECIALLY on a team that is 2-19 the last two seasons.

There are things worse being a " fanboy " anyway... hey, atleast its not as bad as being a grown man, posting trade rumors that he himself had made up, on a football message board.

You sound like a bitter fanboy. If it walks like a duck....

Maybe if you keep saying that the trade rumor was "made up", it will help you believe that... I remember what I heard/ read on this board during the MoJo holdout... articles pertaining to trade offers of 2nd rounders. 

Either way he won't be back.  I doubt he will give the Jaguars a home team discount and Caldwell is rebuilding.  The fact is the rb position has diminished in importance. 

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]