Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Derek Carr Watch

no one seems to be discussing him. he has a pretty long ball, much better pp than his bro. he should be a solid round 2 prospect. thoughts?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:no one seems to be discussing him. he has a pretty long ball, much better pp than his bro. he should be a solid round 2 prospect. thoughts?

I agree. We will have a QB by then which is why no one is talking about him here. He is ultra raw and getting the overrated 2012 David Fales hype.

TEST

I thought Carr looked pretty average in the first half of that game the other night. I think Carr and Fales are average QB's. We need to set the bar higher.

Quote:I agree. We will have a QB by then which is why no one is talking about him here. He is ultra raw and getting the overrated 2012 David Fales hype.

I thought you liked Fales when I asked you about him last week.

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2013, 12:23 AM by hailtoyourvictor.)

Quote:I thought Carr looked pretty average in the first half of that game the other night. I think Carr and Fales are average QB's. We need to set the bar higher.

The goal should be higher, but I'd be content with an average QB. The QBs in the Super Bowl last year were average QBs. By average I mean they weren't in the league's top 10 and not in the league's bottom 10.

By that I don't mean we aim for an average QB, but we can be a good team with an average QB. If we draft TB #1 overall and he becomes an "average" QB, I wouldn't consider it a bust.

Quote:I thought you liked Fales when I asked you about him last week.

I like him as a 3rd, 4th round QB I don't want my team using a pick on.

TEST

He's one where the scouts love his tools, and he has improved as an actual QB this year too. Back end of the first round is not out of the question at all. I actually predict that one of him or Mettenberger will go in the late 1st to a contender with an aging starter or with a trade up from someone else. 

He has a better arm than fales, and a better athlete, not to mention hes been clutch this season. fales is a smarter qb though in a terrible team. they should be in the same tier come draft time but carr offers more potential wise.

carr looking good granted its against hawaii 

lol he just went superman to the endzone

Too many short route passes not getting to see much of his skillset in the first half.

TEST

Man Carr is practically throwing his team out of the game in this 4th quarter. This Hawaii kid has been the best QB in the game by far. Can't believe this is a 37-42 game right now lol. Hawaii has 20 points in the 4th quarter and there is 8 minutes left.

TEST

Carr is OK, his arm strength is great but i'm  still not sure about his accuracy and touch. 

Teddy... Teddy has an OK arm, great short accuracy, but i don't think i have seen him spin the bean over 50 yards.

Fales is horrible, terrible arm, goes against horrible teams and posts mediocre numbers.

Morris has by far the best arm, best deep ball, and throws great touch passes and can zip balls into tight windows. He needs to work on indeterminate accuracy, best suited for a vertical offense(Jedd Fisch) in the NFL.

Quote:Carr is OK, his arm strength is great but i'm  still not sure about his accuracy and touch. 

Teddy... Teddy has an OK arm, great short accuracy, but i don't think i have seen him spin the bean over 50 yards.

Fales is horrible, terrible arm, goes against horrible teams and posts mediocre numbers.

Morris has by far the best arm, best deep ball, and throws great touch passes and can zip balls into tight windows. He needs to work on indeterminate accuracy, best suited for a vertical offense(Jedd Fisch) in the NFL.
Are all Miami fans this awful?

TEST

Quote:Man Carr is practically throwing his team out of the game in this 4th quarter. This Hawaii kid has been the best QB in the game by far. Can't believe this is a 37-42 game right now lol. Hawaii has 20 points in the 4th quarter and there is 8 minutes left.
lol what happened. i turned this game off at 35-3. that fresno D got torched by 7 straight tds by a backup? lol. and carr did terrible in the 2nd half judging from his stats. i'm still confused as to why theyre ranked.

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2013, 01:05 PM by hailtoyourvictor.)

Let me sum up vagrantwide's stance:

Teddy Bridgewater: Worth this years, next years, the following years, and the following years #1 overall pick. Also worth your first born.

Tajh Boyd: Too many negatives and doesn't appear to have a high ceiling.

Brett Hundley: Ridiculously overrated and very raw.

Marcus Mariota: Will only be good in a Brian Kelly-type offense.

Stephen Morris: Not worth a 1st round pick. Has glass ankles and makes awful decisions.

Derek Carr: Not worth a 1st round pick.

David Fales: Worth a 3rd-4th round pick

Aaron Murray: Game manager.

Zach Mettenberger: Game manager.

Johny Manziel: Awful. Everything about him makes me want to vomit.

Devin Gardner: Trash.

Do you see him pushing any agenda here?

How can one HONESTLY believe Geno Smith is worth the #2 overall last year, but then not think any QB this year is worth a top 15 pick (besides Bridgewater). No way would Geno Smith be the 2nd best QB in this years draft. No way.

What gives?

Quote:Let me sum up vagrantwide's stance:

Teddy Bridgewater: Worth this years, next years, the following years, and the following years #1 overall pick. Also worth your first born.

Stephen Morris: Not worth a 1st round pick. Has glass ankles and makes awful decisions.

How can one HONESTLY believe Geno Smith is worth the #2 overall last year, but then not think any QB this year is worth a top 15 pick (besides Bridgewater). No way would Geno Smith be the 2nd best QB in this years draft. No way.

What gives?

I said I like Tajh Boyd and I have a "Is Tajh Boyd Caldwell's guy?" thread.

Nothing I said in this thread is part of an agenda. Carr had a bunch of awful passes and two very costly INTs in the second half of this game. You should spend less time obsessing over me and more time watching the games. Mariota was also trash yesterday. He had 2 screen pass TDs and a 2 yard rushing TD. That's about it.

TEST

"Boyd will be lucky to be picked in the top half of the 1st round."

Like I said, you don't think any other QB is worth a top 15 pick. You thought Geno was. You are a moron.

Quote:Let me sum up vagrantwide's stance:

What gives?

As opposed to your opnion?

Bridgewater - Not worth the first pick

Tajh Boyd - Better than Geno Smith

Brett Hundley - Better than Geno Smith

Marcus Mariotta - Better than Geno Smith

Stephen Morris - Better than Geno Smith

Derek Carr - Better than Geno Smith

David Fales - Better than Geno Smith

Aaron Murray - Better than Geno Smith

Zach Mettenberger - Better than Geno Smith

Johnny Manziel - Better than Geno Smith

Devin Gardner - Better than Geno Smith

Geno Smith is a starter right now.  I imagine most of those won't be.  I certainly wouldn't want to put my franchise in the hands of most of those QB's (especially Manziel)  And I'd take Geno Smith over a number of them as well.

Not sure why you are literally obsessed with Geno Smith.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

I'm obsessed with those who belittle other quarterbacks when they were way off last year themselves. One poster said he hopes they draft Clowney and Morris and vagrantwide responds with "then you must not be a Jaguars fan". Not everyone has to love the same QB. I didn't like Geno Smith but I don't consider those who wanted Geno any less of fans.

See the connection?