Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Derek Carr Watch

Being that I live in Fresno and I'm an FSU Alum, I watch quite a bit of Derek Carr. Can't say I'd really be all that excited about drafting him before the 4th round or so.

He is a good leader and has good intangibles but his throwing platform changes constantly... i.e release point, throwing off his back foot etc.

A lot of his passes travel less than 5 yards through the air also, although I have seen him make some beautiful intermediate throws when called for.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote: 

....but his throwing platform changes constantly... i.e release point, throwing off his back foot etc.

A lot of his passes travel less than 5 yards through the air also,...

Fits in perfect with Team Mediocrity :thumbsup: 

draft this guy!

Quote:Fits in perfect with Team Mediocrity :thumbsup:

draft this guy!

To be fair, I'm pretty sure that is just the design of the passing game. Still though, mechanically, I think he would need some work before being able to start. And I just don't think his ceiling is high enough.

Quote:Being that I live in Fresno and I'm an FSU Alum, I watch quite a bit of Derek Carr. Can't say I'd really be all that excited about drafting him before the 4th round or so.

He is a good leader and has good intangibles but his throwing platform changes constantly... i.e release point, throwing off his back foot etc.

A lot of his passes travel less than 5 yards through the air also, although I have seen him make some beautiful intermediate throws when called for.

Thanks for the "report"!

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote: 

Wait...what?

;

;

Quote:those people you hear on the daily, but not tankerton at least from where i grew up.  youre still really arguing over this? idk what the point of this is tbh

Because all you do is play "gotcha!" with a bunch of posters on a message board when you know very little about the game of football and its history. Tarkenton is a Hall-of-Famer and was the NFL's touchdown and yardage king from the time of his retirement up until Marino passed him. You deserve a taste of your own medicine.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/130964/derek-carr

<p style="background-color:transparent;">Former Eagles scout John Middlekauff would be "shocked" if Fresno State senior QB Derek Carr is not a top-10 selection in May.

Middlekauff believes Carr has the "best pure passing arm" in the class and adds David's younger brother will rise from January to May. Carr will almost certainly be invited to the Senior Bowl, which will put him on an even playing field with other top senior passers. We like that he is not falling away from pressure as much as last season, but Carr isn't traditional from a footwork standpoint.

<div style="margin:5px 3px 0px 5px;color:rgb(0,0,0);">
<p style="background-color:transparent;">Former NFL scout John Middlekauff has talked to multiple pro evaluators who believe Fresno State senior QB Derek Carr will ultimately be a first-round pick this May.

Crazier things have happened, but we don't expect this to come to fruition. Carr is playing in a lateral offense that focuses on quick throws to the boundary and edges of the field, but he might be best at throwing vertically. He is very quick in his movements but tends to fall away from passes that would force him to draw contact upon release. Teams who run an offense that values tempo and quick triggers will likely value Carr more. Middlekauff did add that the same scouts currently have a second day grade on Carr, but they expect him to rise during the process.

<div style="margin:5px 3px 0px 5px;color:rgb(0,0,0);">
<p style="background-color:transparent;"> 

<p style="background-color:transparent;">Fresno State senior Derek Carr has "everything you want from your quarterback from a character standpoint," according to one NFL executive.

"He's a two-time elected captain at Fresno State," The executive told NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah. "He has done a ton of community work, he's a man of faith and his family is very important to him. He has always shown resilience in crunch time on the football field. We expect off-field impact to factor into the decision making process more than ever this season, and Carr should impress the national media in the same way during the Senior Bowl and Combine.
</div>
</div>

<p class="" style="margin:3px 3px 3px 5px;font-size:12px;color:rgb(0,0,255);font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, Verdana;"> 

Quote:Because all you do is play "gotcha!" with a bunch of posters on a message board when you know very little about the game of football and its history. Tarkenton is a Hall-of-Famer and was the NFL's touchdown and yardage king from the time of his retirement up until Marino passed him. You deserve a taste of your own medicine.
not knowing a certain player makes me not know about the game of football? lol ok bro.

Quote:not knowing a certain player makes me not know about the game of football? lol ok bro.

That "certain player"? Yep.

Quote:That "certain player"? Yep.
lol youre really reaching. you must really hate me.

Quote: 

<div style="margin:5px 3px 0px 5px;font-size:12px;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, Verdana;"> 
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/130964/derek-carr

<p style="background-color:transparent;">Former Eagles scout John Middlekauff would be "shocked" if Fresno State senior QB Derek Carr is not a top-10 selection in May.

</div>

lol....he must know the Jaguars are drafting in the top 10 this year.... Laughing Laughing

Quote:lol youre really reaching. you must really hate me.

Dude, not knowing who Fran Tarkenton is in football would be akin to not knowing who Julius Erving is in basketball. Just stop. 

Quote:lol....he must know the Jaguars are drafting in the top 10 this year.... Laughing Laughing
Quote:Dude, not knowing who Fran Tarkenton is in football would be akin to not knowing who Julius Erving is in basketball. Just stop. 
its like youre mentally [BLEEP]...

Quote:Being that I live in Fresno and I'm an FSU Alum,

I don't see any correlation.

Another thing, since we are on acronyms, please make a note that USC is not the University of South Carolina.

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2013, 04:49 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:its like youre mentally [BLEEP]...

because I flat out smoked you on your tripe defense of yourself (Tarkenton) & the Jags (usually morons in the draft)? 'k. 

Quote:because I flat out smoked you on your tripe defense of yourself (Tarkenton) & the Jags (usually morons in the draft)? 'k. 
lol [BLEEP] and delusional

Quote:lol [BLEEP] and delusional

pretty much sums up your posting. :yes: 

Quote:pretty much sums up your posting. :yes:
tell me how you won again?

If keenum continues to do well, it should help carr improve his draft stock.  Another solid showing for carr, his deep and fade throws are beautiful. 

It's going to be interesting to see how Carr's stock raises or falls as the season progresses. I've watched the last few games of his as well as the Rutgers game early in the year. He's an intriguing prospect. I like that he has played in a couple different offenses and has had success in both the spread and a pro style.

"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"