Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Another Sec School Treading Water.

Arian Foster says he was getting money on the side while at Tennessee.

Link:

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/fox-sp...eedID=3742

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Can we all just agree that just about every school that is competitive at sports...or wants to be is paying their players so we can stop pretending to be shocked?? :confused:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

-says SEC fans.

Quote:-says SEC fans.

Damn straight!

[Image: tumblr_mkxnewxFa11qzfjkho1_400.gif]

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

I hate ungrateful punks like him. He calls the coach to whine. The coach, illegally according to the article, brings him food. What does he do? Blows it up to the nation. Shoulda let the [BLEEP] starve or do something stupid, as he had already done or would do anyway. Doesn't the school feed the football players, especially DURING the season?

I have an idea for these "pay me guys". Forget the scholarships. Set up a set amount to pay ALL the players across the board say, double minimum wage which would be $14.50 an hour. Let them pay for their classes, books, food, room and board out of that money they're making. You know like a lot of people have to do just to make it through college but making less than that most of the time. You wanna play NFL? You need somewhere to train, this isn't basketball where a player can go from highschool to pro. Very few football players could go from highschool to NFL. Earn your job like everyone else you [BLEEP]...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Personally I think Foster is full of it.  I can only speak to my time at Vandy when I lived with a football player freshman year, and the idea that he would have gone hungry on weekends is laughable.  Those guys lived like kings.  But hey, maybe at other schools like Tennessee, they struggled to eat on weekends.  But even with our history of little success, I'd have to think if Foster was telling the truth, Vandy's recruiting classes would have been so much better.  I think an endless supply of TVs, video games, music, etc... not to mention food on weekends, would be enough to sway more kids to come to us than going to Tennessee where apparently the kids are dying in the streets from malnourishment.  

I dont think there are any middle grounds with this though.  You either keep the system where it is or you completely open it up.  Let schools pay these kids whatever you want.  There is no paying some kids but not others, you cant force all schools to pay since most dont make any money, and you cant force only profitable schools to pay because the task of determining which ones are profitable would be mindless legal headache.  

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2013, 11:41 AM by jtmoney.)

What we know, kids getting paid isn't going away. They can try to regulate or these kids will get theirs under the table.

I see points to both sides.