Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Todd McShay doesn't even have Manziel in his top 5 QB list

Bridgewater was number 1, followed by somebody I haven't even heard of, then Murray, Boyd, and McCarron.

hmmm?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Its gonna be a consensus among NFL people that he isnt a top 5 in this class (depending who declares).

As of now he is definitley behind Bridgewater, Boyd, Mariota, and Hundley.

I wont argue either way if people put him above or below Murray/McCarron. They all wont make it in the NFL IMO.

It probably doesn't mean much to you guys (it doesn't even really mean much to me), but Manziel text Devin Gardner after his horrible game vs Akron telling him to "keep your head up."  Makes you wonder how much of a media victim he is.

Manziel will be awful in the NFL. Why would he be in the top 5? LOL

Him and Gardner are both awful.

TEST

Quote:Manziel will be awful in the NFL. Why would he be in the top 5? LOL

Him and Gardner are both awful.

Contribute more, troll less.

Because Manziel doesn't project very well to the NFL level. Even Murray could find some success in the right system.

Quote:Bridgewater was number 1, followed by somebody I haven't even heard of, then Murray, Boyd, and McCarron.

hmmm?

So who was the guy you "haven't even heard of"?

;

;

Do we really care what McShay says?  He said RGIII would make a good NFL wide receiver.  Until of course RGIII went nuts and everyone hopped on the bandwagon. 

Quote:Do we really care what McShay says?  He said RGIII would make a good NFL wide receiver.  Until of course RGIII went nuts and everyone hopped on the bandwagon. 

We shouldn't really care what any of these guys say. Mayock seems to be everybody's favorite but look up what he was saying about Gabbert leading up to the 2011 draft. Most of the rankings these guys do have nothing to do with their scouting eye and everything to do with what some NFL exec is whispering in their ear.

;

;

Quote:Bridgewater was number 1, followed by somebody I haven't even heard of, then Murray, Boyd, and McCarron.

hmmm?

I'm not a fan of McShay at all... but why should he?

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:So who was the guy you "haven't even heard of"?
Probably the guy from Cornell

I was thinking it might be Mariotta, which would make the statement hilarious.

;

;

There will be varying opinions on Maziel's ability to play at the next level, but considering how important the QB position is, it wouldn't surprise me if he ends up going in the top 10. The Star Telegram reported 4 NFL Scouts believe he'll go in the first round with one saying he'll go in top 10. Johnny Manziel is a heck of football player, he plays against the best defenses college football has to offer and continues to shred them with his arm and legs, I wouldn't sleep on him. Here are my top 5 QB's

1. Teddy Bridgewater

2. Marcus Mariota

3. Johnny Manziel

4. Brett Hundley

5. Tajh Boyd

I don't think anybody denies his talent. But Manziel seems to fit the "million dollar arm, ten cent head" idiom to a tee. You have to wonder if he ends up being a 5'9 Jeff George.

;

;

Quote:I don't think anybody denies his talent. But Manziel seems to fit the "million dollar arm, ten cent head" idiom to a tee. You have to wonder if he ends up being a 5'9 Jeff George.

Jeff George probably had the best arm in the league and that's what kept his career afloat. Manziel has no such physical advantage.

Quote:Contribute more, troll less.

Saying Devin Gardner is garbage on a Jacksonville Jaguars forum is trolling? Or maybe it's just accurate?

TEST

Quote:So who was the guy you "haven't even heard of"?

Hundley - UCLA

http://gamedayr.com/gamedayr/photo-todd-...nfl-draft/

Quote:I was thinking it might be Mariotta, which would make the statement hilarious.
Don't like Mariota? He's not #1 on my list but he's at least in conversation for #2 IMO.

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2013, 02:44 PM by jackinblack.)

Quote:Hundley - UCLA

http://gamedayr.com/gamedayr/photo-todd-...nfl-draft/
Haven't heard of Hundley? You must not watch much CFB.

edit: meant for the OP

Quote:Haven't heard of Hundley? You must not watch much CFB.

That is what I was thinking