Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Todd McShay doesn't even have Manziel in his top 5 QB list

Quote:Saying Devin Gardner is garbage on a Jacksonville Jaguars forum is trolling? Or maybe it's just accurate?

Or even perhaps neither...

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2013, 03:49 PM by shangster.)

Quote:It probably doesn't mean much to you guys (it doesn't even really mean much to me), but Manziel text Devin Gardner after his horrible game vs Akron telling him to "keep your head up."  Makes you wonder how much of a media victim he is.
Manziel is always a good kid at heart.  However, because of his partying and drinking ways, the media painted him as a spoiled, rich kid with a rebel-like attitude.  As far as how he would translate in the NFL, nobody knows.

For some reason Manziel reminds me of a miniFavre.  Also not really related, but this picture is awesome.  Favre on draft day

[Image: favre-draftday-1280-729-1-930x529.jpg]

Quote:Manziel is always a good kid at heart.  However, because of his partying and drinking ways, the media painted him as a spoiled, rich kid with a rebel-like attitude.  As far as how he would translate in the NFL, nobody knows.

When your own father feels you may come unraveled because you have trouble controlling your temper at 20/21 when things don't go your way...you just may be a spoiled kid.

Quote:Saying Devin Gardner is garbage on a Jacksonville Jaguars forum is trolling? Or maybe it's just accurate?

What is your definition of garbage? Only one QB has more TDs than Gardner since Gardner became the starter last year. That QB won the Heisman. I'd say Gardner is, by any standards, better than "garbage".

The fact that you use a red herring and take shots at Gardner because I am a Michigan fan is what makes you a troll. Stay on topic.

I really don't see Manziel as a true franchise QB at the next level.  He may wind up proving me wrong, but between his stature and his maturity, he seems to be somewhat of a risk.  He's fun to watch, but if you're the one pulling the trigger on draft day, and you've got the first pick, his name is not the one you're going to be sending to the podium in May to start the draft.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:What is your definition of garbage? Only one QB has more TDs than Gardner since Gardner became the starter last year. That QB won the Heisman. I'd say Gardner is, by any standards, better than "garbage".

The fact that you use a red herring and take shots at Gardner because I am a Michigan fan is what makes you a troll. Stay on topic.

I don't know who you are kid. Thus I don't actually care about anything you say. Ever.

It has more to do with be being Iowan than me liking another QB. He also almost blew the game for Michigan multiple times last week.

TEST

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2013, 05:30 AM by shangster.)

Quote:I really don't see Manziel as a true franchise QB at the next level. He may wind up proving me wrong, but between his stature and his maturity, he seems to be somewhat of a risk. He's fun to watch, but if you're the one pulling the trigger on draft day, and you've got the first pick, his name is not the one you're going to be sending to the podium in May to start the draft.
Not in the top 15 pick, but maybe in the bottom first round. Need I to remind everyone that everything that is being said about Manziel is also said -- and much worse -- about Can Newton? Obviously Newton is still raw and unpolished as a passer, and his current struggles is more or less because Carolina's coaching staff has no idea how to properly develop him. Despite all that, he still produced, just not a lot of wins.

Manziel just doesn't have the potential and upside that Newton has that ultimately convinced Carolina to select him #1. However, he is as much of a playermaker as Newton was at Auburn.

Cam Newton is a 6'5/250 Adonis of a human being. Carolina couldn't pass him up, but Manziel's physical attributes make it pretty easy to.

Quote:Cam Newton is a 6'5/250 Adonis of a human being. Carolina couldn't pass him up, but Manziel's physical attributes make it pretty easy to.

Too bad sCam Adonis can't win football games.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Only one QB has more TDs than Gardner since Gardner became the starter last year.

WHAT?!?

Quote:WHAT?!?

Gardner has been the starter for 8 games. In those 8 games, he has 29 touchdowns (18 passing, 11 rushing). I read that only Manziel has more touchdowns in that time frame. Even if you don't consider him "good", it is hard to take someone serious when they are calling that "garbage".

Quote:Gardner has been the starter for 8 games. In those 8 games, he has 29 touchdowns (18 passing, 11 rushing). I read that only Manziel has more touchdowns in that time frame. Even if you don't consider him "good", it is hard to take someone serious when they are calling that "garbage".

He's a great running back.

TEST

18 passing touchdowns... 1,923 passing yards.... in 8 games. "Garbage."

Then on top of it, 11 rushing TDs. "Garbage."

More like your ability to be objective.... "Garbage."

Manziel was at the draft his past year and sat down at the ESPN table to interview with Berman, Gruden, Kiper etc... whoever was on air at that moment.  He looked SO TINY compared to everyone that table.  Even compared to Mel Kiper.  

Quote:18 passing touchdowns... 1,923 passing yards.... in 8 games. "Garbage."

Then on top of it, 11 rushing TDs. "Garbage."

More like your ability to be objective.... "Garbage."

You are acting like a popular lake in Utah right now.

TEST

Murray has been pretty terrible today despite his decent numbers. He had multiple throws into the shoelaces of guys and one of his TD passes was a awful fade route pass that should have been intercepted but the defender just sort of tipped it.

He also had another pass just now that should have been an easy interception for North Texas.

TEST

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2013, 03:17 PM by jagshunter.)

Quote:Manziel was at the draft his past year and sat down at the ESPN table to interview with Berman, Gruden, Kiper etc... whoever was on air at that moment. He looked SO TINY compared to everyone that table. Even compared to Mel Kiper.

Manziel was actually smaller than Kipers hair.
Its the QB stupid!

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2013, 04:03 PM by GreeceMonkE.)

Quote:Gardner has been the starter for 8 games. In those 8 games, he has 29 touchdowns (18 passing, 11 rushing). I read that only Manziel has more touchdowns in that time frame. Even if you don't consider him "good", it is hard to take someone serious when they are calling that "garbage".

I was saying WHAT?!? because that statement isn't correct. Tajh Boyd definitely has more. And to put it in perspective:

Tajh Boyd in the last 8 games has 31TDs (22 passing) - 6INts and 2243 passing yards.

Teddy Bridgewater in the last 8 games has 23TDs (all passing) - 5 INTs and 2610 passing yards.

Devin Gardner in the last 8 games has 29TDs (19 passing) - 11 INTs and 1923 passing yards.

Aaron Murray in the last 8 games has 24 TDs (21 passing) - 5INTs and 2485 passing yards.

.......The reason people are saying Garbage for Gardner is because of the 2 times more INTs.......

I think Mariota has more TDs than Gardner as well but I'm not 100% sure.

P.S. - I am not saying Gardner is Garbage, I just think he needs more time to develop and don't see him as NFL ready at this time. I think he needs to stay one more year in college, before making the NFL jump.

Quote:I was saying WHAT?!? because that statement isn't correct. Tajh Boyd definitely has more. And to put it in perspective:

Tajh Boyd in the last 8 games has 31TDs (22 passing) - 6INts and 2243 passing yards.

Teddy Bridgewater in the last 8 games has 23TDs (all passing) - 5 INTs and 2610 passing yards.

Devin Gardner in the last 8 games has 29TDs (19 passing) - 11 INTs and 1923 passing yards.

Aaron Murray in the last 8 games has 24 TDs (21 passing) - 5INTs and 2485 passing yards.

.......The reason people are saying Garbage for Gardner is because of the 2 times more INTs.......

I think Mariota has more TDs than Gardner as well but I'm not 100% sure.

P.S. - I am not saying Gardner is Garbage, I just think he needs more time to develop and don't see him as NFL ready at this time. I think he needs to stay one more year in college, before making the NFL jump.

He called Devin Gardner garbage, to troll. If you want to help him out, you shouldn't compare him to the best of the best college QBs in college football. Compare him to the league average. How many guys in college football have 29+ TDs in 8 games.