Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tajh Boyd on tonight

Another chance to watch him play.  Will be interested to hear what others say.  Wish the guy was a little taller but not many other things to complain about.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yeah I feel like he's getting forgotten in this QB class. Everyone's talking about Mariota & Hundley now. 

Boyd is going to the surprise QB chosen next draft.  A lot like Buffalo did last summer.

Tajh has had a rough night. Definitely looks better in the second half than he did in the first half though. The Clemson player who impresses me more and more with every game is Roderick McDowell.. Guy has some sick moves. I would love for us to pick him up in the mid rounds.

10 years ago we had Bob Hope, Johnny Cash, and Steve Jobs..... Please don't die, Kevin Bacon.

He just isn't fast enough to be a good option QB in the NFL. And as beautiful as a lot of his throws are, he also throws a lot of just awful easy passes that his receivers bail him out on. That said, the Clemson WR core the past few years has been insane. I wouldn't mind getting Watkins somehow if we end up with multiple picks in the first miraculously.

TEST

Quote:He just isn't fast enough to be a good option QB in the NFL. And as beautiful as a lot of his throws are, he also throws a lot of just awful easy passes that his receivers bail him out on. That said, the Clemson WR core the past few years has been insane. I wouldn't mind getting Watkins somehow if we end up with multiple picks in the first miraculously.

Tajh seemed ok yesterday. Looks a little chubby though, kinda like Garrard.

If we found a way to draft Watkins AND Bridgewater...... wow
Shock the world

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2013, 07:47 AM by TravC59.)

And NC St. is awful.I will say this though, Thursday night has been a giant killer in the past. Clemson survived it.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:And NC St. is awful.I will say this though, Thursday night has been a giant killer in the past. Clemson survived it.

..barely though. Had that dude not stepped out (which he didn't) it would have been 14-13 NC and it would have been a completely different game.

Clemson just getting lucky again. They are not the 3rd best team in the country
Shock the world

Quote:And NC St. is awful.I will say this though, Thursday night has been a giant killer in the past. Clemson survived it.

..barely though. Had that dude not stepped out (which he didn't) it would have been 14-13 NC and it would have been a completely different game.

Clemson just getting lucky again. They are not the 3rd best team in the country
Shock the world

I'm not sure how Boyd can grade out above Hundley at this time.

Quote:Boyd is going to the surprise QB chosen next draft.  A lot like Buffalo did last summer.

Wouldn't surprise me a bit.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Tajh seemed ok yesterday. Looks a little chubby though, kinda like Garrard.

If we found a way to draft Watkins AND Bridgewater...... wow

Give me Marqise Lee over Sammy Watkins every day.

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2013, 09:00 PM by vagrantwade.)

Quote:I'm not sure how Boyd can grade out above Hundley at this time.

Because Hundley is ridiculously overrated and very raw. He makes a lot of dumb mistakes and he hasn't shown any real ability to read defenses. I would put a lot of money on him not declaring this year.

TEST

Quote:Give me Marqise Lee over Sammy Watkins every day.

I love Lee's polish and "next level" readiness that he has, but Watkins athletic ability can be jaw-dropping at times. I think that Lee can turn out to be a more "steady" player, but I wouldn't really be crying if the team picked up either one come May.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:I love Lee's polish and "next level" readiness that he has, but Watkins athletic ability can be jaw-dropping at times. I think that Lee can turn out to be a more "steady" player, but I wouldn't really be crying if the team picked up either one come May.

I'd argue that Lee is more athletic than Watkins, though it is splitting hairs. Watkins is far more elusive, but I've never seen a WR go up and get jump balls the way Marqise Lee does. Never. I think Lee will be the best deep threat in the league by his 3rd year in the NFL.

I'm really hoping the Lions somehow end up in a position to take Lee. Can you imagine an offense with Calvin Johnson and Marqis Lee split out and Reggie Bush out of the backfield? Stafford would throw for 6,000 yards. :mellow:

Quote:I'd argue that Lee is more athletic than Watkins, though it is splitting hairs. Watkins is far more elusive, but I've never seen a WR go up and get jump balls the way Marqise Lee does. Never. I think Lee will be the best deep threat in the league by his 3rd year in the NFL.

I'm really hoping the Lions somehow end up in a position to take Lee. Can you imagine an offense with Calvin Johnson and Marqis Lee split out and Reggie Bush out of the backfield? Stafford would throw for 6,000 yards. :mellow:

I guess it depends on your view of athleticism. I fear Watkins in the open field a lot more than I do Lee, but Lee would be better on fades to the back shoulder.

If Detroit spends any more assets on WR's before getting their Offensive Line shored up, it just may be cause for a riot. I just don't have faith in Reiff being a long-term answer at LT for them.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Boyd has nice footwork and a fast, compact throwing motion. He still doesn't take enough snaps from under center. He's one of the prospects who has nice potential but not NFL day 1 ready.

Teddy is still significantly ahead of his draft class.

I like Boyd but I think he has a lower ceiling than some of the QB's in the class. Would not surprise me if he was a solid starter from Day 1 like Andy Dalton. Probably the safest QB after Bridgewater.

;

;

Lee/Watkins reminds me of a poor man's Green/Julio debate. They're both fantastic at what they do.

Quote:Lee/Watkins reminds me of a poor man's Green/Julio debate. They're both fantastic at what they do.
Green is better