Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2014 Quarterbacks in the NFL Draft

There are an abundant amount of QBs with first round POTENTIAL. Dane Brugler of CBS has the first three picks as QBs with The Jags picking Bridgewater first overall followed by Hundley and Mariota (No Boyd, interestingly enough). What are some of your thoughts on the quarterbacks if the 2014 class

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Mariota or Bridgewater please.

No to :

Boyd

Manziel

Renner

Morris ( if he continues to struggle)

Undecided ;Hundley, Fales

Quote:Mariota or Bridgewater please.

No to :

Boyd

Manziel

Renner

Morris ( if he continues to struggle)

Undecided ;Hundley, Fales
Why no to Boyd.

He is my most favoritest.

Its the QB stupid!

OK, I still don't get what the hype is all about for Mariota.  Someone please explain.

what about Murray, Carr thomas or Mccarron? Granted some are not 1st rounders in the 2014 but were better than almost all this year.

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2013, 02:38 PM by KingJones.)

I wouldn't be surprised if Dave and Gus pull a trigger on Clowney and address the QB in the 2nd round and possibly move up in the first.  If you looked up LEO in a dictionary it would show a picture of Clowney and Gus is a defensive guy.  He's the type of player that you can build your defense around.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Mariota looks like he has all the tools, but I worry about him coming from such a system-oriented offense. He may look better on paper than in real life. Plus, playing PAC-12 defenses doesn't help matters. I don't see why the no to Boyd. He looks like the real deal. 

However, no to Manziel. Even if he's there in the 7th round. No.

Hawks fan here...

Why not Keith Price, QB, Washington? Keith is a fantastic QB!  

First pick, heck even first round picks, of quarterbacks don't ever seem to live up to their hype.

Go with Clowney, there will be a good qb in round 2,3, or even 4

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

If we do end up being the top pick and do end up grabbing Bridgewater, I think we should still draft another to completely overhaul our current qb depth.  It'll be interesting to see who'll be available between rounds 4-6 as far as qb's are concerned.  Don't know how others view him but i'd like us to grab Sean Mannion from Oregon State to back up Bridgewater.  I believe we need not one, but two new rookie qb's as the jags try to build the team for the future.

Quote:Hawks fan here...

Why not Keith Price, QB, Washington? Keith is a fantastic QB!  
You're KIDDING me, right?

Quote:First pick, heck even first round picks, of quarterbacks don't ever seem to live up to their hype.

Because round 2,3 or even 4 QB prospects live up to their hype as franchise QB?

Johnny Football! A players game day jersey would finally fit me!!!

Quote:First pick, heck even first round picks, of quarterbacks don't ever seem to live up to their hype.

That's...completely wrong. 2nd round QB picks are almost guaranteed to bust. 

Take the QB in the 1st round, with the 1st pick.

Quote:OK, I still don't get what the hype is all about for Mariota.  Someone please explain.
second

Quote:Johnny Football! A players game day jersey would finally fit me!!!

He is bigger than Drew Brees.

Getting caught up in measurables is what landed us Gabbert.

He is big enough to dominate the SEC. I think he will do just fine in the NFL.

Huh?  You have bad information.

Quote:He is bigger than Drew Brees.

Clearly why Jamarcus Russell was such a dominant NFL QB. His exposure to the SEC.

Guys like Tom Brady, Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, RGIII, Colin Kaepernick will never make it due to their lack of SEC conference play in college.

TEST

Quote:He is bigger than Drew Brees.

Do you really think Manziel is 6'1?

Pick a QB in every round !!!!