Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Your top 5 2014 qb draft prospect pros & cons

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2013, 02:53 AM by AlsJagsFan.)

I would like you to stat who your top 5 qb's are, why you feel they are #1-5 what are their strengths...& weaknesses. In your mind can they move up and become the #1 qb come the draft.

There are so many good QBs supposedly in this coming draft I decided I would like to know who you like...and why you like them. Please do not turn this into a well I think this guy is better than that guy because this guy has this or that stat. 

Also in your mind they have to be entering this years draft, I am sure there are a few great/good qb prospects that probably wont declare til 2015..don't include them, they have to have a high probability of entering the 2014 draft.

Thanks guys!

"Don't argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'll give you my top four, and because I'm particularly lazy today, I'm only gonna mention Teddy's strengths/weaknesses.

1. Teddy Bridgewater

Strengths: Tough, high football iq, can read a defense, strong arm, incredibly accurate, great pocket presence, isn't rattled under pressure, coachable, and he has top notch intangibles -- the type of kid you want to root for.

Weaknesses: Still very young (arguably a strength) and level of competition faced hasn't been amazing (I'm grasping for straws here)..

2. Brett Hundley

3. Marcus Mariota

4. Tajh Boyd

Don't have a fifth as of right now.  The only other QB I've studied extensively is AJ McCarron, and I don't think he's worthy of "top five available QB" status.

Haven't seen enough yet but...

Teddy bridgewater

Pocket poise, arm strength, pro style offense, goes through progressions. Could be more accurate deep right

Marcus Mariota

Like what I've seen so far. Best athlete of all the qbs.

Brett Hundley

Relies on his legs too often but throws the prettiest ball. Needs to anticipate breaks a little better.

Tajh Boyd

Blake Bortles

All of the qbs have great poise in the pocket. Ill be happy if we end up with any of these qbs although I highly doubt Bortles will declare.

Will add more as I watch more.

Bridgewater

Pros: Cannon arm, Pocket awarness , Mobile , Poised , monster intangibles

Cons: Occasional lapse in decision making after a negative play , Not a true threat to take off with legs, needs improvement in short passing timing.

Mariota

Pros: Good arm , Good mechanics, Superb athlete with ability to burn secondaries with legs , accurate with good ability to anticipate routes.

Cons: Not the strongest arm in the class , Needs work on deep ball , Questionable pocket awarness due to being a spread QB

Teddy Bridgewater - 1st overall

Brett Hundley - Top 10

Johnny Manziel - Late 1st or early 2nd

Blake Bortles - 3rd

David Fales - 3rd

Tajh Boyd - 3rd

Marcus Mariota - 4th

A.J. McCarron - 6th

Aaron Murray - 6th

Derek Carr - 7th

Instead of ranking them in order I prefer tiers, especially this early in the process. 

Tier 1 - Bridgewater and Mariota

Tier 2 - Hundley, Boyd, Brett Smith

Tier 3 - Fales, Mettenberger, Bortles, Gardner, Braxton Miller

Tier 4 - Murray, McCarron, Manziel, Jeff Matthews, Carr, Morris

Tier 1 - Teddy

Tier 2 - Some other people I don't care about.

TEST

Quote:Tier 1 - Teddy

Tier 2 - Some other people I don't care about.

If Teddy asked you to prom, would you say yes?

Quote:If Teddy asked you to prom, would you say yes?

Yes.

After prom would be us watching film of Gardner throwing picks.

TEST

Quote:Yes.

Or googling "bone spur surgery"

Quote:Haven't seen enough yet but...

Teddy bridgewater

Pocket poise, arm strength, pro style offense, goes through progressions. Could be more accurate deep right

Marcus Mariota

Like what I've seen so far. Best athlete of all the qbs.

Brett Hundley

Relies on his legs too often but throws the prettiest ball. Needs to anticipate breaks a little better.

Tajh Boyd

Blake Bortles

All of the qbs have great poise in the pocket. Ill be happy if we end up with any of these qbs although I highly doubt Bortles will declare.

Will add more as I watch more.
If we do land Teddy Bridgewater, I hope we don't miss on him this time. I hope that he's "the guy" for the next few years because I'm just plain sick of rotating QBs. It seems like we've been doing that ever since I was old enough to watch and pay attention to the  NFL

teddy has MCL issues in HS?

Quote:Yes.

Why not Geno "1:4 INT to TD" Smith? Is that a ratio worth the #2 overall pick like you wanted 5 months ago?

Quote:Why not Geno "1:4 INT to TD" Smith? Is that a ratio worth the #2 overall pick like you wanted 5 months ago?

Whats your obsession with bashing people who wanted Geno Smith? Im sure it wouldnt be hard to find all the times you were wrong on a player.

And way to declare a QB a bust after 2 NFL games, that really makes a lot of sense.

Quote:Whats your obsession with bashing people who wanted Geno Smith? Im sure it wouldnt be hard to find all the times you were wrong on a player.

And way to declare a QB a bust after 2 NFL games, that really makes a lot of sense.

He bashed Gardner first. So I bashed the QB he was obsessed with last year.

Quote:Whats your obsession with bashing people who wanted Geno Smith? Im sure it wouldnt be hard to find all the times you were wrong on a player.

At least my declaration of Geno Smith is backed up by statistics. Your claim that "Teddy Bridgewater is as mobile as Russell Wilson" is not backed up by any statistics. I get it "but, but, but, I saw him run for a 1st down last week!" cool... I've seen Tom Brady run for a first down too, but that doesn't make him as mobile as Russell Wilson.

Once you guys can start admitting that you can (and have been) wrong and that Teddy Bridgewater is, in fact, human.

Quote:Why not Geno "1:4 INT to TD" Smith? Is that a ratio worth the #2 overall pick like you wanted 5 months ago?

I've had this signature and a Teddy avatar since around the combine. I could care less about Geno.

Gardner is absolute garbage though.

TEST

Some QBs just have a knack for running the ball.  In college sacks count against rushing yards.  Teddy seems to be mobile enough.  Even if he wasn't, it really doesn't matter.  To me anyways. 

Gardner definitley has talent. 

Picks are overrated. 

Quote:At least my declaration of Geno Smith is backed up by statistics. Your claim that "Teddy Bridgewater is as mobile as Russell Wilson" is not backed up by any statistics. I get it "but, but, but, I saw him run for a 1st down last week!" cool... I've seen Tom Brady run for a first down too, but that doesn't make him as mobile as Russell Wilson.

Once you guys can start admitting that you can (and have been) wrong and that Teddy Bridgewater is, in fact, human.

Ok, he was wrong in saying that. It still matters none and Bridgewater is still the best QB in college football at this point and time.

Quote:I've had this signature and a Teddy avatar since around the combine. I could care less about Geno.

Gardner is absolute garbage though.

Did you or did you not have an avatar of Geno Smith last year?