Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Your top 5 2014 qb draft prospect pros & cons

Quote:Ok, he was wrong in saying that. It still matters none and Bridgewater is still the best QB in college football at this point and time.

I agree that he is the best QB in college football. I want people who throw out foolish statements like "Teddy Bridgewater is as mobile as Russell Wilson" to atleast admit theywere wrong in saying that. They won't, though. To them, Bridgewater is the 2nd coming.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Did you or did you not have an avatar of Geno Smith last year?

I did not.

Quote:I did not.

Cool. I wasn't asking you. The brotherhood you guys seem to have is cute, though.

Quote:Cool. I wasn't asking you. The brotherhood you guys seem to have is cute, though.

Hey the new forum said you quoted my post and took me to that one. I didn't even look at who you had actually quoted and didn't see the next page. Big Grin

Quote:I agree that he is the best QB in college football. I want people who throw out foolish statements like "Teddy Bridgewater is as mobile as Russell Wilson" to atleast admit theywere wrong in saying that. They won't, though. To them, Bridgewater is the 2nd coming.

Apparently this is the one I should have replied to the first time.

I understand what you're saying.

Quote:I agree that he is the best QB in college football. I want people who throw out foolish statements like "Teddy Bridgewater is as mobile as Russell Wilson" to atleast admit theywere wrong in saying that. They won't, though. To them, Bridgewater is the 2nd coming.

This whole "mobile" thing you got going with Bridgewater is getting out of hand. Your nitpicking dude. Teddy Bridgewater is the best QB in college football and we need him badly. The accuracy, fluidness, arm strength, pocket presence, leadership, 'swag' is just phenomenal and I would go as far as saying if we drafted him, he would be a top 15 QB in the NFL his first year because he is that good.

So lose the whole "mobility" thing please. Nobody except you really understands it. Just sit back and pray for King Bridge!
Shock the world

I'm pretty sure that only one person said this in that original thread.

Bridgewater is one of the best prospects at his position in recent memory so he'll be prone to some Paul Bunyan tales... kinda like how some people think Clowney will be as good as Reggie White or Bruce Smith.

Foolish notion? Teddy Bridgewater reportedly runs a 40 in the low 4.5's, similar to Russell Wilson, and while both players aren't run first QB's, they can certainly beat you with their legs if you man up or blitz them. Teddy Bridgewater is more mobile (in the pocket) than Russell Wilson, he is bigger than Russell Wilson; he is a better prospect than Russell Wilson. Bridgewater will be considered one of the best QB prospects in the last 10-15 years, he's that good.

Quote: 

Foolish notion? Teddy Bridgewater reportedly runs a 40 in the low 4.5's, similar to Russell Wilson, and while both players aren't run first QB's, they can certainly beat you with their legs if you man up or blitz them. Teddy Bridgewater is more mobile (in the pocket) than Russell Wilson, he is bigger than Russell Wilson; he is a better prospect than Russell Wilson. Bridgewater will be considered one of the best QB prospects in the last 10-15 years, he's that good.

Then WHY doesn't he? His rushing stats are abysmal. 0.7 yards per carry? I get it, because "he doesn't have too", but Aaron Rodgers, Alex Smith, etc. etc. etc. all had huge college arms and "didn't have to" either. Also, TB's freshman year, he wasn't making many plays with his arm, so why not make some with his feet?

You guys need to quit leg hugging. TB is human.

Alex Smith played in Urban Meyer's spread and his arm was several notches below Teddy's.

Rodgers had great legs and a great arm and it's doubtful that Bridgewater will reach his level of near physical perfection (Rodgers' zip on the run looks a couple ticks faster). Wasn't nearly as developed as Bridgewater as a passer at this stage in their careers, though. 

Lol this argument again. As long as Bridgewater isn't a statue in the pocket,which he isn't. Why does it even matter?

Here we go again with the "Bridgewater doesn't have a lot of rushing yards!" argument.

It seems like you want to make an argument, any argument at all to put down Bridgewater to prop up Clowney.  You've said several times that you'd be happy with Bridgewater as the pick if he's a great QB -- but that seems insincere given how much you talk about him not being a super mobile rushing-Quarterback. You want a Rushing-quarterback?  Go join the next Tebow rally. 

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Here we go again with the "Bridgewater doesn't have a lot of rushing yards!" argument.

It seems like you want to make an argument, any argument at all to put down Bridgewater to prop up Clowney.  You've said several times that you'd be happy with Bridgewater as the pick if he's a great QB -- but that seems insincere given how much you talk about him not being a super mobile rushing-Quarterback. You want a Rushing-quarterback?  Go join the next Tebow rally. 

It's a really ingorant argument, rushing yards. You've got to be kidding me.

Quote:Here we go again with the "Bridgewater doesn't have a lot of rushing yards!" argument.

I don't have any issue with Teddy Bridgewater's game.

I have issues with posters that make stuff up. What don't you get about this?

Quote:Lol this argument again. As long as Bridgewater isn't a statue in the pocket,which he isn't. Why does it even matter?

How many times do I have to repeat that I like Bridgewater as a QB.

My posts about rushing are to keep posters in check when they make stuff up like "he is as mobile as Russell Wilson". It is like somebody saying "Blackmon is as big of a deep threat as Randy Moss."  ....No, he isn't. Blackmon isn't the same type of WR Moss was, but that doesn't mean Blackmon doesn't have the potential to be great. If I started saying Blackmon was as big of a deep threat as Randy Moss, I would hope you guys would correct me. Likewise, I aim to correct the posters who seem to think Teddy Bridgewater is a QB that makes can "easily gain 10-20 yeards with his feet". He isn't that guy. He is a pocket passer with great pocket presence / awareness. He isn't a guy that is going to be running the ball.

Quote:Alex Smith played in Urban Meyer's spread and his arm was several notches below Teddy's.

Rodgers had great legs and a great arm and it's doubtful that Bridgewater will reach his level of near physical perfection (Rodgers' zip on the run looks a couple ticks faster). Wasn't nearly as developed as Bridgewater as a passer at this stage in their careers, though. 

Rodgers' first year:

2,903 yards passing, 19 TDs, 5 INTs.

Bridgewater's first year:

2,193 yards passing, 14 TDs, 12 INTs.

Which of these guys do you think had more to gain by "making plays with their feet"?

I honestly don't understand why people can't just concede this.

Quote:I don't have any issue with Teddy Bridgewater's game.

I have issues with posters that make stuff up. What don't you get about this?

Because it doesn't matter. It was one post by one poster and for some reason you cannot manage to move on and get over it.

Quote:Rodgers' first year:

2,903 yards passing, 19 TDs, 5 INTs.

Bridgewater's first year:

2,193 yards passing, 14 TDs, 12 INTs.

Which of these guys do you think had more to gain by "making plays with their feet"?

I honestly don't understand why people can't just concede this.

Uh, Rodgers was a full year older than Bridgewater in their "first years" (A-Rod had a year of JC under his belt). Why aren't you comparing them as sophomores?

Quote:Did you or did you not have an avatar of Geno Smith last year?

Yep. Was that all you have to say?

TEST

Quote:Because it doesn't matter. It was one post by one poster and for some reason you cannot manage to move on and get over it.

Do you not see other posters justifying the statement?