Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Sean Salsbury says the Jaguars are crazy if we don't select Johnny Football

He said he would win us 5 or 6 games alone because he would give defensive coordinators headaches.  He also stated that Johnny has way more arm strength than people give him credit for.  Salsbury also pointed out that he put up 800 yards of total offense against the best team in the nation in the 2 games he faced Saban.  Being that he plays in the SEC he does it game in and game out.  For all the Bridgewater fans out there, he said that Manzel is a dual threat QB which makes him more of a complete QB.  Of course he hit on his measurable at being around 5'11" and compared him to Russel Wilson. 

Thoughts?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Clowney or Bridgewater pls

It's fun watching Manziel play. But I'd rather have Bridgewater. 

I didn't know Salisbury was still doing sports talk.

Quote:Clowney or Bridgewater pls

Don't forget Clowney is having surgery for those bone spurs after the season is over.  He could be damaged goods.  Everyone knows that we are drafting our future QB next season.  The question is which round.  If Clowney is healthy it would be real hard to let him go to another team.  If there was a year that we could move down a couple spots and collect more picks, this is the year to do it.  Clowney, Bridgewater, Manziel, and possible Boyd....Maybe Murray

Quote:Don't forget Clowney is having surgery for those bone spurs after the season is over.  He could be damaged goods.  Everyone knows that we are drafting our future QB next season.  The question is which round.  If Clowney is healthy it would be real hard to let him go to another team.  If there was a year that we could move down a couple spots and collect more picks, this is the year to do it.  Clowney, Bridgewater, Manziel, and possible Boyd....Maybe Murray

Or maybe we haven't seen Clowney unleashed because he is playing with bone spurs. Does anyone know how much bone spurs affect performance?

Quote:Or maybe we haven't seen Clowney unleashed because he is playing with bone spurs. Does anyone know how much bone spurs affect performance?

He's probably only about 75% right now.  It affects them pretty bad, and I'm sure he is getting tons of treatment from the medical staff.  In my opinion it isn't about seeing him unleashed, its about knowing if he can get back to 100% and have no setbacks after the surgery.  The word Surgery throws up an immediate read flag when draft day comes.  Especially if we have the number 1 overall pick.  We all know what he can do on the field.

True that.

I've already said it but no to Johnny Football. There are far too many problems (physically and mentally) to take him. Let alone take him high. This team is in no poeition to bring a guy like Manziel in. I love watching him play college football but he won't get away with things in the NFL like he does in college. Not to mention the concerns of his size and durability at the next level. Pass.

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2013, 03:02 AM by vagrantwade.)

Every actual expert on the planet knows who the top QB prospect is.

[Image: BUbUAPSCUAAtpn9.png]

TEST

Salisbury is probably the crazy one

Who is Sean Salisbury?

I heard that too. Salisbury is passionate. I am still not sold on Manziel as an NFL QB.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

I would love to draft Manziel if he can keep his head on straight.

The game is evolving towards mobile QBs and he reminds me a lot of Fran Tarkenton, one of the most exciting QBs to ever play the game.

Theres a bunch of QBs I'd take ahead of Manziel, yeah he can run around but there are a whole bunch of guys that are better passers than him that are draft eligible and most of them are mobile as well. 

We're gonna need someone mobile, we won't have anyone to run the ball after this year. We technically don't have anyone to run the ball right now either.

Clownin' for Clowney 2013!

Quote:We're gonna need someone mobile, we won't have anyone to run the ball after this year. We technically don't have anyone to run the ball right now either.

Most all of the top QB's in this year's draft are pretty mobile. Not just Manziel.

;

;

Quote:He said he would win us 5 or 6 games alone because he would give defensive coordinators headaches.  He also stated that Johnny has way more arm strength than people give him credit for.  Salsbury also pointed out that he put up 800 yards of total offense against the best team in the nation in the 2 games he faced Saban.  Being that he plays in the SEC he does it game in and game out.  For all the Bridgewater fans out there, he said that Manzel is a dual threat QB which makes him more of a complete QB.  Of course he hit on his measurable at being around 5'11" and compared him to Russel Wilson. 

Thoughts?
Manziel is a head case who's playing style combined with his size is a recipe for disappointment in the NFL. 

Quote:Salisbury is probably the crazy one
...pretty much this. Just take Bridgewater and stop overthinking this. 

I met Salisbury when he was in town a few years ago for this MTV Lingerie League event they did at the arena. Lets just say that dude has taken a few too many hits to the head. He is a little Gary Buseyesque.

;

;

I think there is a chance that he could meltdown, but I dont know if he really is a head case or not.....but the more I think about it, the more I would love having him as a Jaguar.  The kid makes plays, period.

Quote:Every actual expert on the planet knows who the top QB prospect is.

[Image: BUbUAPSCUAAtpn9.png]
NICE !!!