Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Sean Salsbury says the Jaguars are crazy if we don't select Johnny Football

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2013, 09:19 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:I think there is a chance that he (Manziel) could meltdown, but I dont know if he really is a head case or not.....but the more I think about it, the more I would love having him as a Jaguar.  The kid makes plays, period.

...in college. 

I seriously don't see him being able to transfer that same game to the NFL. If he tries to, he'll be eaten alive. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Bridgewater in the 1st, Manziel in the 2nd, OL the rest of the way.

Offensive problems solved.

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2013, 09:27 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Bridgewater in the 1st, Manziel in the 2nd, OL the rest of the way.

Offensive problems solved.

Manziel won't last until the 2nd...some team will take him in the 1st...I just hope its not us. Jags need to go Bridgewater, then  interior OL/ DE/ DB

People harp on his mobility but Mariota is  just as mobile. Heck Mariota had a 71 yd run in one game this season and has notched a rushing TD in each game so far.  Collected 2 100 yd rushing games as well.  

All this while being MUCH bigger with a bigger arm and better instincts / decision making.

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2013, 09:46 AM by roycee.)

Quote:People harp on his mobility but Mariota is  just as mobile. Heck Mariota had a 71 yd run in one game this season and has notched a rushing TD in each game so far.  Collected 2 100 yd rushing games as well.  

All this while being MUCH bigger with a bigger arm and better instincts / decision making.

I'd say Mariota is also more accurate as well. 

But that was my point with my first post, Manziel can run but there are several QBs that are mobile that are draft eligible and are much better passers. 

I'd easily take Mariota over Manziel, but I'd also easily take Bridgewater over Mariota. 

The Jags better update the OL and update it in a hurry if they take Bridgewater...he will get hurt badly playing behind this OL...
[url=http://home.comcast.net/~midimusic2006/mp3/sec/Tennessee__Rocky_Top.mp3][/url]</P><P>
;
 </P> <DIV class=b2></DIV>
;

Quote:Who is Sean Salisbury?

I believe he is a lunch in middle schools

SI just came out with a piece that compared him to Russell Wilson for several paragraphs. Ugh, this will get annoying.

Quote:SI just came out with a piece that compared him to Russell Wilson for several paragraphs. Ugh, this will get annoying.

I'd say Boyd is closer to Wilson than Manziel

Tebow Mk II.  Crazy people still think we're crazy for not signing him.

Only with a Stanzi arm, and a Jeff George attitude.

I'm still on the McCarron bandwagon, but even saying that, I'd put a good half dozen QBs ahead of Manziel.

Sean Salisbury is still alive?

Quote:The Jags better update the OL and update it in a hurry if they take Bridgewater...he will get hurt badly playing behind this OL...

Precisely.  I'd love to have a "mobile" QB who didn't have to use his mobility in self defense.

I'd rather he need to use it very sparingly.

Any QB style would thrive in that environment, but not in our current one.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:I believe he is a lunch in middle schools
Mmmm....Sean Salisbury day!

Quote:Mmmm....Sean Salisbury day!

What are you crazy?! It's all about pizza day. 

What Manziel has done to Alabama two years in a row and Florida's defense in his first game, I think he will be a good QB in the NFL. If people think he's in anyway like Tebow they're fooling themselves. I've been more impressed with Manziel as a player than I have Bridgewater IN COLLEGE, but as a prospect I'm not as sold YET. Luckily, we will have many opportunities to evaluate Manziel between now an the draft. If he proves to be good in the meantime, I'll ease on the idea, but for now it's risky. Bridgewater is going to be good, but if Manziel improves as a QB, he can be dynamic

Manziel requires the best O-Line in college to do what he does. He will not get that from whatever team drafts him most likely.

TEST

Quote:What Manziel has done to Alabama two years in a row and Florida's defense in his first game, I think he will be a good QB in the NFL. If people think he's in anyway like Tebow they're fooling themselves. I've been more impressed with Manziel as a player than I have Bridgewater IN COLLEGE, but as a prospect I'm not as sold YET. Luckily, we will have many opportunities to evaluate Manziel between now an the draft. If he proves to be good in the meantime, I'll ease on the idea, but for now it's risky. Bridgewater is going to be good, but if Manziel improves as a QB, he can be dynamic

If your looking for improving in the traditional qb sense, you're not going to see much from now and the end of college season. This is because Manziel doesn't run a pro style offense. The type of throw he's asked to make is different than the anticipation throws that Bridgewater took under center at Louisville. Hus footwork is not the same because he does the read options a lot in his offense.

I'm not saying that Manziel couldn't potentially do any of that, just that if that's what you're looking to see if he improve on, you won't see a lot because he runs a different type of offense.