Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp

Anyone had the chance to attend a Shrimp game yet down at the baseball grounds? The merchandise is simply fantastic and they even have a crossover cap with the Jaguars. Definitely worth the $5 investment whenever you get the chance to go.
LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-04-2017, 05:37 PM)jagsfreak27 Wrote: Anyone had the chance to attend a Shrimp game yet down at the baseball grounds? The merchandise is simply fantastic and they even have a crossover cap with the Jaguars. Definitely worth the $5 investment whenever you get the chance to go.

I'm trying to get a few friends to go with me later this month. (probably the 22nd)  

I used to go to Suns games back in the day quite a bit. (late nineties)  Even went to some Expos games as a youngster.

Always a good time and a good chance to check out the stadium upgrades as well. Thursdays are the best for dollar beers lol. They have a nice little tiki hut barin left field now.
LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

(06-04-2017, 05:37 PM)jagsfreak27 Wrote: Anyone had the chance to attend a Shrimp game yet down at the baseball grounds? The merchandise is simply fantastic and they even have a crossover cap with the Jaguars. Definitely worth the $5 investment whenever you get the chance to go.

We have not been yet, but definitely want to. I saw the Jags crossover hat on Friday and I am glad I have held off on getting one. That is the one I am going to get a hold of now for sure, soon.
TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

(This post was last modified: 06-09-2017, 06:02 PM by PF*.)

Message Board night at a Jumbo Shrimp game. Make it in a Thursday night for the Dollar Beer Night- Thursday, June 29.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

I went for the first time since they were the Suns recently.

It was packed! I was surprised because there were other things going on as well that particular night.

The team's good, too.

It's a fun time for sure. I always liked taking in a Suns game, but there did appear to be a bit more energy when we went.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Has anyone seen the Jumbo Shrimp neck roll thing they are giving away this weekend to the first 1000 people? It's pretty amazing marketing.

Fyi, if you are going and wanting to get it I would suggest getting there at a minimum 2 hours early for it.

My problem with Minor League Baseball is the fact that they can pull a dude off a team to promote him up to the AAA which totally destroys the concept of playing for a AA Title. As such, you may be a contending AA team but wake up 1 day and realize the team you've been rooting for is now depleted during a title run.

i don't like baseball enough to watch it without watching the standings and playing for a championship.

One thing is certain.  These guys are marketing geniuses.  They're destroying attendance records, and their merchandise is selling like crazy.

Then there's this.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(06-12-2017, 04:26 PM)FBT Wrote: One thing is certain.  These guys are marketing geniuses.  They're destroying attendance records, and their merchandise is selling like crazy.

Then there's this.

OUCH !!   CLASSIC ....

(06-09-2017, 05:56 PM)PF* Wrote: Message Board night at a Jumbo Shrimp game. Make it in a Thursday night for the Dollar Beer Night- Thursday, June 29.

We doing this? I'll be there.

(06-14-2017, 04:21 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(06-09-2017, 05:56 PM)PF* Wrote: Message Board night at a Jumbo Shrimp game. Make it in a Thursday night for the Dollar Beer Night- Thursday, June 29.

It's looking like a good possibility for me as well.

(06-14-2017, 04:21 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:

Why not, at least in some way.

The Jumbos do a variety of group outing plans- see the link at the website:
http://www.milb.com/content/page.jsp?ymd...vkey=team2

Briefly:
- Lower Deck parties- 24 ppl minimum at $20 pp All you can eat (AYCE)
- Safe Harbor Seafood parties- 24 ppl min at $24 AYCE
- Hot Corner parties- 24 ppl min at $15 no food/1 beer free
- Suites and Skyboxes

I am not much of an organizer and if anybody were interested in a June 29 date, it's likely too late to pull it together anyway. What could happen is an impromptu "group outing" on June 29 where whoever wants to go could meet up with others at a designated location (such as the right field foul pole- need a better suggestion as I haven't been there in a few years).

A more organized Group Outing could be planned for later in the summer.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile