Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(09-16-2020, 03:03 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(09-12-2020, 07:25 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Is there a hotline I can call for pistachio addiction?

What is a good brand of pistachios?  I bought a bag of Costco (Kirkland) pistachios, and they weren't very good.  Is the kind in the shell better than the kind that has been shelled?  The ones I bought were shelled already.

I got mine at Costco as well but bought the Wonderful brand. Salt and pepper. I have to force myself to stop shelling them by the handful.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-12-2020, 07:25 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Is there a hotline I can call for pistachio addiction?

What is a good brand of pistachios?  I bought a bag of Costco (Kirkland) pistachios, and they weren't very good.  Is the kind in the shell better than the kind that has been shelled?  The ones I bought were shelled already.

The ones in the shell are better in my opinion.  Just don't get the dyed red ones.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Well, I just got NFL Sunday Ticket for my computer so I can watch the Jags on a Sunday. I get tired of just watching the damn Ravens and Steelers all the time
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2020, 07:49 PM by homebiscuit.)

(09-16-2020, 05:59 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(09-16-2020, 03:03 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: What is a good brand of pistachios?  I bought a bag of Costco (Kirkland) pistachios, and they weren't very good.  Is the kind in the shell better than the kind that has been shelled?  The ones I bought were shelled already.

The ones in the shell are better in my opinion.  Just don't get the dyed red ones.

I don't think they're dyed red anymore. At least I haven't seen any for quite a while.

A wicked band of weather from the hurricane coming through. Lots of lightning and rain.

(09-16-2020, 06:54 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Well, I just got NFL Sunday Ticket for my computer so I can watch the Jags on a Sunday.  I get tired of just watching the damn Ravens and Steelers all the time

I want it but can't justify the cost. If my husband was as into football as I am I could probably persuade him, but he's not.

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2020, 08:45 PM by The Drifter.)

(09-16-2020, 08:14 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(09-16-2020, 06:54 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Well, I just got NFL Sunday Ticket for my computer so I can watch the Jags on a Sunday.  I get tired of just watching the damn Ravens and Steelers all the time

I want it but can't justify the cost. If my husband was as into football as I am I could probably persuade him, but he's not.

Bummer, but it was $293 for the season. Considering I just spent $181.50 for 2 tickets to the season opener, this is a bargin
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We and Iran are the big pistachio producers. Assuming you support US pistachios I wouldn't worry about the brand too much. They mostly come from the same half dozen hullers/processors. All though different price points will have different quality.

I can't say Pom Wonderful is bad, but they're a giant corporate farm that guys like me aren't very fond of. They run a pretty good operation though. 

If you REALLY want good pistachios, and want to support US pistachios, and want to support a great family-operated farm I'd point you to https://schaadfamilyalmonds.com/index.ph...ommon/home but you'll most likely give up the convenience of grabbing them at a national store. 

They've been my neighbor for about the last dozen years. Very nice family, and very good farmers.

We have officially entered the Greek alphabet for tropical system names. Subtropical storm Alpha is off the coast of Portugal and TS Beta is in the Gulf of Mexico looking to hug the coast of Texas moving toward Louisiana.

In my 48 years this Greek alphabet business has probably happened at least once, I just don't remember it.

(09-18-2020, 06:25 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: We have officially entered the Greek alphabet for tropical system names. Subtropical storm Alpha is off the coast of Portugal and TS Beta is in the Gulf of Mexico looking to hug the coast of Texas moving toward Louisiana.

In my 48 years this Greek alphabet business has probably happened at least once, I just don't remember it.

2005. Went six deep into it, too.

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2020, 09:03 PM by Jags.)

(09-18-2020, 07:05 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote:
(09-18-2020, 06:25 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: We have officially entered the Greek alphabet for tropical system names. Subtropical storm Alpha is off the coast of Portugal and TS Beta is in the Gulf of Mexico looking to hug the coast of Texas moving toward Louisiana.

2005. Went six deep into it, too.

Last time I went 6 deep I got a kid out of it.  I’m rounding down, of course, to the nearest half foot.

It was just the tip

(09-18-2020, 08:59 PM)Jags Wrote:
(09-18-2020, 07:05 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: 2005. Went six deep into it, too.

Last time I went 6 deep I got a kid out of it.  I’m rounding down, of course, to the nearest half foot.

It was just the tip

6 is deep???
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Welp we left Palatka at 8pm last night got off work by 6 ran home slapped some brakes on the highlander before our trip and hit the road. Currently 3am we’re just outside Macon GA pulling over for a small power nap been alternating with the wife every few hours but now we both are gonna sleep an hour or two we should be in Tennessee around kickoff so hopefully I can find the game on the radio as we pass!
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(09-20-2020, 03:02 AM)EricC85 Wrote: Welp we left Palatka at 8pm last night got off work by 6 ran home slapped some brakes on the highlander before our trip and hit the road. Currently 3am we’re just outside Macon GA pulling over for a small power nap been alternating with the wife every few hours but now we both are gonna sleep an hour or two we should be in Tennessee around kickoff so hopefully I can find the game on the radio as we pass!

Have a safe trip!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(09-20-2020, 08:19 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(09-20-2020, 03:02 AM)EricC85 Wrote: Welp we left Palatka at 8pm last night got off work by 6 ran home slapped some brakes on the highlander before our trip and hit the road. Currently 3am we’re just outside Macon GA pulling over for a small power nap been alternating with the wife every few hours but now we both are gonna sleep an hour or two we should be in Tennessee around kickoff so hopefully I can find the game on the radio as we pass!

Have a safe trip!

Haha thanks the reality of a 32 hour drive is setting in 12 hours in and we’re not even half way yet

(09-20-2020, 09:01 AM)EricC85 Wrote:
(09-20-2020, 08:19 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Have a safe trip!

Haha thanks the reality of a 32 hour drive is setting in 12 hours in and we’re not even half way yet

You’re driving straight through?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(09-20-2020, 09:14 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(09-20-2020, 09:01 AM)EricC85 Wrote: Haha thanks the reality of a 32 hour drive is setting in 12 hours in and we’re not even half way yet

You’re driving straight through?

We’re rotating but yes I only got 7 days to make this trip so we need to make the most of our time

5:30 central time passed St. Louis on way to Kansas City

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2020, 04:51 PM by RicoTx.)

I was so pissed I didn't get to see the second half yesterday.  The service at Buffalo Wild Wings was so [BLEEP] I just couldn't put up with it for another hour.

Supposedly you can stream Sunday Ticket but I think it's pretty much a scam to get you to sign up for DirecTV.  Every zip code that I entered came back with a "Not Available In Your Area" message.  Then it proceeds to direct you to the DirecTV website which tells you that all you have to do is sign up for our overpriced Satellite service and you get Sunday Ticket for free.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(09-21-2020, 04:45 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I was so pissed I didn't get to see the second half yesterday.  The service at Buffalo Wild Wings was so [BLEEP] I just couldn't put up with it for another hour.

Supposedly you can stream Sunday Ticket but I think it's pretty much a scam to get you to sign up for DirecTV.  Every zip code that entered came back with a "Not Available In Your Area" message.  Then it proceeds to direct you to the DirecTV website which tells you that all you have to do is sign up for our overpriced Satellite service and you get Sunday Ticket for free.

You can only stream it if traditional Directv is unavailable to you.

(09-21-2020, 04:49 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(09-21-2020, 04:45 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I was so pissed I didn't get to see the second half yesterday.  The service at Buffalo Wild Wings was so [BLEEP] I just couldn't put up with it for another hour.

Supposedly you can stream Sunday Ticket but I think it's pretty much a scam to get you to sign up for DirecTV.  Every zip code that entered came back with a "Not Available In Your Area" message.  Then it proceeds to direct you to the DirecTV website which tells you that all you have to do is sign up for our overpriced Satellite service and you get Sunday Ticket for free.

You can only stream it if traditional Directv is unavailable to you.

I don't get the logic.  They can still overcharge you streaming.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]