Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(08-28-2022, 03:22 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Agree on Atlanta, unless it's under construction.  If so, a total nightmare.
I haven't been to KC SINCE the 70's, so it was prob state of the art then.
I've connected more thru Charlotte than any other airport, and have had some horrible experiences there.  Mostly about changed gates and having to run full gallop down the never ending Terminal E trying to get to the gate of a connecting flight in 10 min or less.  I'm not a fan of the layout there either.
I forgot to put Phoenix on my likes list.  Really pretty distant view of the mountains and city from there.

Probably wont experience Madrid in my lifetime cause the next trips to Europe will start by flying in to Paris, Zurich and Prague.  After that, it'll be all cars and trains.

This is why I hated Dulles, traveling for a funeral, connector landed late, and I had to first get on a bus to go across the airfileld, then sprint from one end of the terminal to a gate at the opposite end.

Bless the flight crew, they were waiting for me to board before departing. I may have injured some standies on the moving sidewalks. "Stand to the right" does not mean continue standing two abreast, turn around and dumbfoundedly wonder why this young adult is sprinting toward you gesturing to make room. Curses were uttered as I rushed through the swiss cheese defense they attempted.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-28-2022, 09:42 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: If you ever want a wild ride, fly into Tegucigalpa, Honduras. I’ve experienced that a couple of times. On takeoff, the pilot stands on the brakes and pushes the throttle forward until max thrust, then releases like a catapult shot.

https://youtu.be/v_z5HtME9n8

https://youtu.be/Duq9GUAesHQ

(08-28-2022, 09:37 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Thank you! Big Grin

It’s the boobs. They give you away every time.

Yeah, I’ve tried to hide them but it just doesn’t work very well.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(08-29-2022, 02:02 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(08-28-2022, 03:22 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Agree on Atlanta, unless it's under construction.  If so, a total nightmare.
I haven't been to KC SINCE the 70's, so it was prob state of the art then.
I've connected more thru Charlotte than any other airport, and have had some horrible experiences there.  Mostly about changed gates and having to run full gallop down the never ending Terminal E trying to get to the gate of a connecting flight in 10 min or less.  I'm not a fan of the layout there either.
I forgot to put Phoenix on my likes list.  Really pretty distant view of the mountains and city from there.

Probably wont experience Madrid in my lifetime cause the next trips to Europe will start by flying in to Paris, Zurich and Prague.  After that, it'll be all cars and trains.

This is why I hated Dulles, traveling for a funeral, connector landed late, and I had to first get on a bus to go across the airfileld, then sprint from one end of the terminal to a gate at the opposite end.

Bless the flight crew, they were waiting for me to board before departing. I may have injured some standies on the moving sidewalks. "Stand to the right" does not mean continue standing two abreast, turn around and dumbfoundedly wonder why this young adult is sprinting toward you gesturing to make room. Curses were uttered as I rushed through the swiss cheese defense they attempted.

Those buses are hilarious. As I recall them, they were half the size of city buses and a lot springier.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

There is nothing like washing off and cleaning up in an outdoor shower after a sweaty dirty day of working, then sitting nekid on the back porch having a cigar and a cold beverage.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(08-29-2022, 03:30 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: There is nothing like washing off and cleaning up in an outdoor shower after a sweaty dirty day of working, then sitting nekid on the back porch having a cigar and a cold beverage.

[Image: fingers-4.gif]

(08-29-2022, 03:30 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: There is nothing like washing off and cleaning up in an outdoor shower after a sweaty dirty day of working, then sitting nekid on the back porch having a cigar and a cold beverage.

Thank you for that Visual........ But it's nothing I haven't done myself...... LOL..........
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

What the heck?!  Laughing

(08-29-2022, 02:14 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(08-28-2022, 09:42 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: If you ever want a wild ride, fly into Tegucigalpa, Honduras. I’ve experienced that a couple of times. On takeoff, the pilot stands on the brakes and pushes the throttle forward until max thrust, then releases like a catapult shot.

https://youtu.be/v_z5HtME9n8

https://youtu.be/Duq9GUAesHQ

It’s the boobs. They give you away every time.

Yeah, I’ve tried to hide them but it just doesn’t work very well.

TAKE IT OFF!!!
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 08-29-2022, 05:40 PM by Jags.)

(08-29-2022, 05:00 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(08-29-2022, 02:14 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Yeah, I’ve tried to hide them but it just doesn’t work very well.

TAKE IT OFF!!!

JIB already did!

The crew and I do that everyd…never mind.  

Sounds liberating.  That is until you drop an ash on your, uh… cocktail?

(This post was last modified: 08-29-2022, 05:57 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

I just saw these two ladies that are apparently getting into the scrapping business.  No truck, no trailer.  I see a Chevy blazer taking a ping pong table from a person in the front of the hood.  Reminded me I had some patio chairs I need to get rid of.  I get home and take the trash to the curb along with the 2 chairs and a Weber grill lid.  Also worth mentioning, my neighbor seems to be throwing away a lot.  I assume she’s getting ready to move.  Basketball hoop, washer/dryer, couch big contractor bags filled with probably dead bodies (she seems like the “black widow type”, tackle box(I did a black ops mission last night and took that).  These 2 “ladies”, I quote that because they ain’t no ladies, but appear to have a taste for men.  Skankapotamus’, roll by.  I heard them,  they need muffler work done. So, naturally I quickly pull up my security cam to watch.  They’ve got the ping pong table! (I’m a bit jealous). Took those contractor bags (still have know idea what was in them) old rugs, my lid, my 2 chairs, the basketball hoop(sans base) and a handful of other crap.  In a blazer!!!  They must have amazing organizational skills.  Because it was about then I decided I needed a closer look so I check my mail.  I overhear the one asking the other “after we’re done this neighborhood…”.  What!?  You better hope someone in the hood is throwing away an F-350 and a 20 foot trailer!

Nothing like grilling out.........

[Image: mary.png]
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(08-29-2022, 05:56 PM)Jags Wrote: I just saw these two ladies that are apparently getting into the scrapping business.  No truck, no trailer.  I see a Chevy blazer taking a ping pong table from a person in the front of the hood.  Reminded me I had some patio chairs I need to get rid of.  I get home and take the trash to the curb along with the 2 chairs and a Weber grill lid.  Also worth mentioning, my neighbor seems to be throwing away a lot.  I assume she’s getting ready to move.  Basketball hoop, washer/dryer, couch big contractor bags filled with probably dead bodies (she seems like the “black widow type”, tackle box(I did a black ops mission last night and took that).  These 2 “ladies”, I quote that because they ain’t no ladies, but appear to have a taste for men.  Skankapotamus’, roll by.  I heard them,  they need muffler work done. So, naturally I quickly pull up my security cam to watch.  They’ve got the ping pong table! (I’m a bit jealous). Took those contractor bags (still have know idea what was in them) old rugs, my lid, my 2 chairs, the basketball hoop(sans base) and a handful of other crap.  In a blazer!!!  They must have amazing organizational skills.  Because it was about then I decided I needed a closer look so I check my mail.  I overhear the one asking the other “after we’re done this neighborhood…”.  What!?  You better hope someone in the hood is throwing away an F-350 and a 20 foot trailer!

This story definitely needed a visual aide lol

[Image: 4Nizxe.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 08-29-2022, 07:13 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-29-2022, 07:03 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(08-29-2022, 05:56 PM)Jags Wrote: I just saw these two ladies that are apparently getting into the scrapping business.  No truck, no trailer.  I see a Chevy blazer taking a ping pong table from a person in the front of the hood.  Reminded me I had some patio chairs I need to get rid of.  I get home and take the trash to the curb along with the 2 chairs and a Weber grill lid.  Also worth mentioning, my neighbor seems to be throwing away a lot.  I assume she’s getting ready to move.  Basketball hoop, washer/dryer, couch big contractor bags filled with probably dead bodies (she seems like the “black widow type”, tackle box(I did a black ops mission last night and took that).  These 2 “ladies”, I quote that because they ain’t no ladies, but appear to have a taste for men.  Skankapotamus’, roll by.  I heard them,  they need muffler work done. So, naturally I quickly pull up my security cam to watch.  They’ve got the ping pong table! (I’m a bit jealous). Took those contractor bags (still have know idea what was in them) old rugs, my lid, my 2 chairs, the basketball hoop(sans base) and a handful of other crap.  In a blazer!!!  They must have amazing organizational skills.  Because it was about then I decided I needed a closer look so I check my mail.  I overhear the one asking the other “after we’re done this neighborhood…”.  What!?  You better hope someone in the hood is throwing away an F-350 and a 20 foot trailer!

This story definitely needed a visual aide lol

That’s not far from it.  Gotta be either that palatka or green cove riff raff.  At the time, she was trying to steal a work truck that was still parked on the street.I confronted her and she was all like “what? It’s by the curb”.

(08-29-2022, 07:09 PM)Jags Wrote:
(08-29-2022, 07:03 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: This story definitely needed a visual aide lol

That’s not far from it.  Gotta be either that palatka or green cove riff raff.  At the time, she was trying to steal a work truck that was still parked on the street.I confronted her and she was all like “what? It’s by the curb”.

We call that the Green Cove Lean.. Sorta like the Middleburg Drag..

(08-26-2022, 09:06 PM)Jags Wrote: Y’all lazy [BLEEP] people go join the site’s (Rico’s) fantasy league.  It’s 100% official, 200% laugh at each other and 300% fun. Get off your [BLEEP] and get in there. 

Mikey, wd, BB, HB sneakers, new jags city come on!  Go to to other sports forum and sign up!

Here’s a Link

I've never fantasized about football before.  Will I still be able to split the uprights during halftime?

I'll take a look at the link.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

we only have a front porch, and those HOA so-and-so's frown upon the post-chore beverage in the birthday suit.

(08-29-2022, 07:14 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(08-29-2022, 07:09 PM)Jags Wrote: That’s not far from it.  Gotta be either that palatka or green cove riff raff.  At the time, she was trying to steal a work truck that was still parked on the street.I confronted her and she was all like “what? It’s by the curb”.

We call that the Green Cove Lean.. Sorta like the Middleburg Drag..

Middleburg drag huh?  That like hamburger Mary’s? I only ask because I have an in-law from them there parts that is a bit (whole [BLEEP] [BLEEP] ton a lot) that way.

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2022, 07:26 PM by Jags. Edited 3 times in total.)

(08-30-2022, 06:15 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(08-26-2022, 09:06 PM)Jags Wrote: Y’all lazy [BLEEP] people go join the site’s (Rico’s) fantasy league.  It’s 100% official, 200% laugh at each other and 300% fun. Get off your [BLEEP] and get in there. 

Mikey, wd, BB, HB sneakers, new jags city come on!  Go to to other sports forum and sign up!

Here’s a Link

I've never fantasized about football before.  Will I still be able to split the uprights during halftime?

I'll take a look at the link.
You could split the uprights.  But why not go for two?

Also, 12 minutes isn’t really a whole lot of time.  Just sayin’. But whatever gives you happiness (disregarding hers, apparently). Enjoy the game! Big Grin

I’ll break the news to Rico.  

Hey Rico, your league is doomed.  I tried.  These people are fuddy duds.  Wallbash Smile

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2022, 02:25 PM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

Just got back from touring the United flight 93 memorial.  I’d be lying if I said I didn’t shed a few tears.  Very well done.  Some powerful stuff.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2022, 06:13 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-31-2022, 02:24 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Just got back from touring the United flight 93 memorial.  I’d be lying if I said I didn’t shed a few tears.  Very well done.  Some powerful stuff.

Seen the memorial in NYC.  It was cool.  But 93 was different.  Those brave souls knew what was up.  And God bless them for doing what they did.  Who knows how many more they saved knowing they wouldn’t make it.  Those brave men and women are heros. And typing that makes my eyes a tad watery as well.
They deserve a nice memorial.