Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fear the dead back on tonight!

Love it, no it's not walking dead but it gets me my fix.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I've only gotten about halfway through the first season. I want to watch it though. Was interesting, and as you said, a good fix until TWD comes back
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I watch it for my husband. I just don't find it nearly as engaging.

Wow these first two episodes are better than the last two seasons

Taped the premier of 3 last night. Looking forward to watching it.

I have enjoyed the series so far. I find myself trying to pair up time wise where this group is in conjunction with the other. I am thinking this group is about where the original ones are in Atlanta, or maybe getting out into the woods now.

I have read rumors where the powers that be may eventually end up having the two groups meet up and merge at some point. Thatd be pretty cool.
TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

(06-04-2017, 11:04 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Wow these first two episodes are better than the last two seasons

That's encouraging. Now I don't dread watching it.

I enjoyed last night's double episode, a lot to take in. I'm going to re-watch.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

I will be watching it tonight.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

(06-05-2017, 03:46 PM)rollerjag Wrote: I enjoyed last night's double episode, a lot to take in. I'm going to re-watch.

I need to get caught up. I'm probably one of the few that like it better than TWD.  It has a very different vibe with a very moody atmosphere that I think pays better homage to the George Romero originals.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(06-04-2017, 11:04 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Wow these first two episodes are better than the last two seasons

That is not saying much. I really hate how they squander every opportunity to make this show good. These plotlines are ridiculous. I have never cared less about the death of a major character ever.
Only a chump boos the home team!

I didn't feel sorry for Madison's loss at all. After two seasons I should care but I don't. I felt for the daughter because she was there and saw it happen but other than that....didn't care.

My husband says Madison is the 'Rick' of this series but I don't see it. She is just not a leader. Rick being a leader makes sense because he was a cop. Her not so much. She grates on my nerves like nobody's business.

(06-05-2017, 10:08 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I didn't feel sorry for Madison's loss at all. After two seasons I should care but I don't. I felt for the daughter because she was there and saw it happen but other than that....didn't care.

My husband says Madison is the 'Rick' of this series but I don't see it. She is just not a leader. Rick being a leader makes sense because he was a cop. Her not so much. She grates on my nerves like nobody's business.

Agree.  I started out liking her but as with most characters on this version... like them less and less as it goes on.

The daughter is the only of the group I "root for."

I thought the death was cheap and meaningless.  I never cared for his character, even though I liked him more at the end than the beginning... he never became a guy I truly liked.  I would have rather he died doing something heroic and manly since he'd been so much of a wuss most of the show (and just survived a walker pit... just to go out the way he did.)  I get they probably did that purposefully to demonstrate the absurdity, but I still never liked him and even so... wanted to see something better for/from him.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(06-04-2017, 08:22 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Love it, no it's not walking dead but it gets me my fix.

Personally, I think The Walking Dead sucks. I watched ~ 2 seasons and never before have I wanted the entire cast to get killed off so bad.

(06-06-2017, 03:36 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(06-04-2017, 08:22 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Love it, no it's not walking dead but it gets me my fix.

Personally, I think The Walking Dead sucks.  I watched ~ 2 seasons and never before have I wanted the entire cast to get killed off so bad.

Well you can just exit the stage left than......

I was happy to see Dayton Callie join the cast. He's one of my favorites going back to Deadwood and SOA.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(06-06-2017, 08:45 PM)FBT Wrote: I was happy to see Dayton Callie join the cast.  He's one of my favorites going back to Deadwood and SOA.

Yes he became my favorite character immediately villain or not that's my guy!

(06-06-2017, 08:45 PM)FBT Wrote: I was happy to see Dayton Callie join the cast.  He's one of my favorites going back to Deadwood and SOA.

Completely agree.

My first impression is he could be a cross between the Governor and Herschel.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

I think these first two episodes have solidified my choice to quit watching it. The show has a ton of opportunities not to be a steaming pile but the writers drop the ball big time.

(06-06-2017, 02:47 PM)pirkster Wrote:
(06-05-2017, 10:08 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I didn't feel sorry for Madison's loss at all. After two seasons I should care but I don't. I felt for the daughter because she was there and saw it happen but other than that....didn't care.

Agree.  I started out liking her but as with most characters on this version... like them less and less as it goes on.

Yep. The bummer is I really like Kim Dickens but I can't stand this character. 

The daughter is the only of the group I "root for."

I like Nick too. Sometimes he gets on my nerves, but for the most part I like him. 

I thought the death was cheap and meaningless.  I never cared for his character, even though I liked him more at the end than the beginning... he never became a guy I truly liked.  I would have rather he died doing something heroic and manly since he'd been so much of a wuss most of the show (and just survived a walker pit... just to go out the way he did.)  I get they probably did that purposefully to demonstrate the absurdity, but I still never liked him and even so... wanted to see something better for/from him.

I agree with all of this. No one on this show has done anything spectacular. Nick figured out how to keep the walkers away by spreading their nastiness on him so that was good. Alicia is pretty smart in her own way. I just don't like anyone else. 

Why people watch sitcoms is beyond me.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.