Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Automatic Subscriptions?

(This post was last modified: 06-04-2017, 10:09 PM by Tuxedo.)

Is there a way to disable automatic subscriptions?

Every time someone posts in a thread I replied to, I'm receiving email updates. I can go in and manually unsubscribe after each post, but after my very next post, the emails are happening again.

Never mind, I just found it.

It's under User CP > Edit Options > Messaging and Notification > Default Thread Subscription Mode

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

YES!!!!! Thanks, I was doing it manually after I posted each time haha.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

This is something that is currently being looked at. I hope to change the default real soon.

In the meantime, as Tuxedo pointed out go to your user control panel (User CP) and on the left hand side of the screen look under the section that says "Your Profile" and click on the button that is labeled "Edit Options". Look for the area labeled "Messaging and Notification" there should be a drop-down box with the title of "Default Thread Subscription Mode". Choose your desired option and click save.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(06-05-2017, 04:45 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: This is something that is currently being looked at.  I hope to change the default real soon.

In the meantime, as Tuxedo pointed out go to your user control panel (User CP) and on the left hand side of the screen look under the section that says "Your Profile" and click on the button that is labeled "Edit Options".  Look for the area labeled "Messaging and Notification" there should be a drop-down box with the title of "Default Thread Subscription Mode".  Choose your desired option and click save.

Yep. I turned my on 'hoping' it would do the red notification on this site and instead my email is exploding. I'll just go back and undo everything I just did   Undecided

(06-05-2017, 08:46 PM)Minorcan Wrote:
(06-05-2017, 04:45 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: This is something that is currently being looked at.  I hope to change the default real soon.

In the meantime, as Tuxedo pointed out go to your user control panel (User CP) and on the left hand side of the screen look under the section that says "Your Profile" and click on the button that is labeled "Edit Options".  Look for the area labeled "Messaging and Notification" there should be a drop-down box with the title of "Default Thread Subscription Mode".  Choose your desired option and click save.

Yep. I turned my on 'hoping' it would do the red notification on this site and instead my email is exploding. I'll just go back and undo everything I just did   Undecided
Yeah, you don't want that turned on unless you like tons of emails clogging up your in in box.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(06-05-2017, 09:18 PM)You FBT Wrote:
(06-05-2017, 08:46 PM)Minorcan Wrote: Yep. I turned my on 'hoping' it would do the red notification on this site and instead my email is exploding. I'll just go back and undo everything I just did   Undecided
Yeah, you don't want that turned on unless you like tons of emails clogging up your in in box.

No, that was awful

Yes please fix I keep getting emails haha

(06-07-2017, 02:09 AM)haveaseat Wrote: Yes please fix I keep getting emails haha

As I posted above.

Quote:Go to your user control panel (User CP) and on the left hand side of the screen look under the section that says "Your Profile" and click on the button that is labeled "Edit Options". Look for the area labeled "Messaging and Notification" there should be a drop-down box with the title of "Default Thread Subscription Mode". Choose your desired option and click save.

In your case, the desired option is "Do Not Subscribe".

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Thanks!

I keep it on "Do not subscribe" as to not clog up my PM or email. Hopefully they locate a subscription notifier add-on to make it more like the old board.
'02

(06-05-2017, 04:45 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: This is something that is currently being looked at. I hope to change the default real soon.

In the meantime, as Tuxedo pointed out go to your user control panel (User CP) and on the left hand side of the screen look under the section that says "Your Profile" and click on the button that is labeled "Edit Options". Look for the area labeled "Messaging and Notification" there should be a drop-down box with the title of "Default Thread Subscription Mode". Choose your desired option and click save.

Thanks!

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(06-11-2017, 01:56 PM)Jags02 Wrote: I keep it on "Do not subscribe" as to not clog up my PM or email. Hopefully they locate a subscription notifier  add-on to make it more like the old board.

Yessss!!! Please