Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Board Name

First, thanks for the new digs.

Second, any concern that this name will be confused for the local alternative lifestyle community? For instance, what happens if its announced that DF is now part of the Jacksonville LBGTQ community because he posts on Duval Pride?

Will Google know the difference between a football based site and a site based on balls of a different sort?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I was a little concerned about this myself at first. Then I decided to think it over while having a few cocktails at Bo's Coral Reef and I quickly decided that our new name was the perfect way to gain some "crossover demographics."

Hope to see you at our next BCR/DP meet and greet. It's going to be fabulous.

Not that there's anything wrong with that....

The local Pride folks probably should have snapped up that domain name.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(06-05-2017, 10:29 AM)FBT Wrote: Not that there's anything wrong with that....

I don't like it because we have an international fan base. The name Duval implies only people in northeast Florida are welcome to post here. Most people don't even know what Duval is with a name like that.

Because we are a cat team, the word Pride makes me think of lions LOL.

(06-11-2017, 03:30 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(06-05-2017, 10:29 AM)FBT Wrote: Not that there's anything wrong with that....

I don't like it because we have an international fan base. The name Duval implies only people in northeast Florida are welcome to post here. Most people don't even know what Duval is with a name like that.

The name was derived from a couple of things suggested by other users.  "Duval" is because of the county and is a "rallying cry" from some of the players.  "Pride" was a part of it because a group of big cats is called a "pride".

There is talk among the "powers that be" to change the URL.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(06-11-2017, 08:02 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(06-11-2017, 03:30 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: I don't like it because we have an international fan base. The name Duval implies only people in northeast Florida are welcome to post here. Most people don't even know what Duval is with a name like that.

The name was derived from a couple of things suggested by other users.  "Duval" is because of the county and is a "rallying cry" from some of the players.  "Pride" was a part of it because a group of big cats is called a "pride".

I thought only a group of lions is called a pride, not any wild cat species.

Floridians and longtime Jaguars fans know what Duval refers to. Not so much people from all over the world without the word County following it.

(06-11-2017, 09:44 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(06-11-2017, 08:02 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: The name was derived from a couple of things suggested by other users.  "Duval" is because of the county and is a "rallying cry" from some of the players.  "Pride" was a part of it because a group of big cats is called a "pride".

Floridians and longtime Jaguars fans know what Duval refers to. Not so much people from all over the world without the word County following it.

Apparently the actual term is not well known as jaguars rarely mingle in large groups.  I read that a few jaguars together can be termed a pride, although the actual answer is a jamboree...

http://www.kgbanswers.com/what-is-the-co...s/22363537

The question here becomes...

Does "Duval Jamboree" sound any less gay than "Duval Pride"?

'02

(06-12-2017, 02:12 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(06-11-2017, 09:44 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: I thought only a group of lions is called a pride, not any wild cat species.

Apparently the actual term is not well known as jaguars rarely mingle in large groups.  I read that a few jaguars together can be termed a pride, although the actual answer is a jamboree...

http://www.kgbanswers.com/what-is-the-co...s/22363537

The question here becomes...

Does "Duval Jamboree" sound any less gay than "Duval Pride"?

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3...3D15.1&f=1]
Apparently someone else has the Jamboree on lockdown. We should go with Jungle Jorts, just to avoid any confusion amoung the alternative lifestyle folks.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

It's kinda funny, my Google app now suggests things I might like including, "PRIDE Events near you", "Facts about LGBTQ", and Pride Stories"
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-13-2017, 04:54 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: It's kinda funny, my Google app now suggests things I might like including, "PRIDE Events near you", "Facts about LGBTQ", and Pride Stories"

We are being trolled
Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

(06-13-2017, 04:58 PM)realtorpat Wrote:
(06-13-2017, 04:54 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: It's kinda funny, my Google app now suggests things I might like including, "PRIDE Events near you", "Facts about LGBTQ", and Pride Stories"

We are being trolled

Probably.

Oh boy.

I suggested the name "Duval Jungle" to the powers that be, but it sounds like they're keeping the name.

'02

Sounds like I came to the right place

(This post was last modified: 06-15-2017, 11:55 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Cya in Tally big guy

Tallahassee PRIDEFEST 2018 | April 21, 2018

(06-11-2017, 03:30 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: I don't like it because we have an international fan base. The name Duval implies only people in northeast Florida are welcome to post here. Most people don't even know what Duval is with a name like that.

Are you kidding me ..... we just expanded our international fanbase ....

[Image: Kate-bed-race-rob.jpg]

Google also factors in browsing history when prioritizing search suggestions and results.

Just sayin...
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(06-18-2017, 10:11 AM)rollerjag Wrote:

Google also factors in browsing history when prioritizing search suggestions and results.

Just sayin...

Exactly, being on Duval Pride is seen as something not football-related by the algorithm.

(06-18-2017, 11:04 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-18-2017, 10:11 AM)rollerjag Wrote: Google also factors in browsing history when prioritizing search suggestions and results.

Just sayin...

Exactly, being on Duval Pride is seen as something not football-related by the algorithm.

Or not prioritizing football over more frequent activity on other sites.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(06-18-2017, 02:31 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(06-18-2017, 11:04 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Exactly, being on Duval Pride is seen as something not football-related by the algorithm.

Or not prioritizing football over more frequent activity on other sites.

If that were so I'd be getting suggestions about tentacles and other such activities.

(06-11-2017, 09:44 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(06-11-2017, 08:02 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: The name was derived from a couple of things suggested by other users.  "Duval" is because of the county and is a "rallying cry" from some of the players.  "Pride" was a part of it because a group of big cats is called a "pride".

With respect; I don't know of a single Jaguars fan who doesn't know what Duval is/means.
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(06-24-2017, 05:39 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote:
(06-11-2017, 09:44 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: I thought only a group of lions is called a pride, not any wild cat species.

With respect; I don't know of a single Jaguars fan who doesn't know what Duval is/means.

And you were even able to figure it out, way over there!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???