Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I know this will send some in a tizzy - But I think Jets are tanking

but you can't convince me the Jets aren't tanking this season.

This team was just 10-6 two seasons ago.

Now?  The purge continues...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...ic-decker/

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It sure seems like they've decided to just wave the white flag for 2017.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(06-07-2017, 09:17 AM)FBT Wrote: It sure seems like they've decided to just wave the white flag for 2017.

I will probably regret typing this, but if there was a team to experiment with returning from London and playing without the bye, it would be this Jets team.

(This post was last modified: 06-07-2017, 10:19 AM by pirkster.)

https://twitter.com/fbgchase/status/872290216199041025

"Leonard Williams, Mo Wilkerson, and an expansion team"
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Somehow when the term "Complete rebuild " is utilized it seems to be different than stating that the team has damn near zero intentions of attempting to field a competitive product on the field. When in actuality it is the exact same thing
All the while the fans will be asked to pay for and endure the inevitable suckness that awaits them.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

They want the first pick of QBs next year.
Huh

(This post was last modified: 06-07-2017, 04:15 PM by Bullseye.)

(06-07-2017, 03:51 PM)Monty Wrote: They want the first pick of QBs next year.

Yep.

On the topic of tanking generally...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...me-common/

The trend seems to be heading towards youth more so than experience.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

The Jets are totally tanking, it worked for Indy

(06-07-2017, 03:51 PM)Monty Wrote: They want the first pick of QBs next year.

This is the only reason I can think they'd take it this far.

Just saw on ESPN the Jets have cut 11 veterans this offseason, shaving off some $68 million in salary.

I know some may have been warranted, but I have no doubt some of those vets could have helped them be more competitive.

They want to be in position to get one of the QBs, period.

I question whether it really "worked" for Indy.

Sure, they got "their" guy.

But what have they done other than making a draft pick selection?  ...*one* draft pick selection?

It's not like that pick has magically fixed everything else.

Maybe there is a plan with the NYJ.  But, in all likelihood it's going to take a lot more than one homerun QB pick.

Folks seem to think that's all anyone needs, but that's not true.

That's what teams that are only "a QB away" from Championships need.  Few teams are ever in that position.

(06-07-2017, 05:27 PM)TheAll22 Wrote: The Jets are totally tanking, it worked for Indy

Andrew Luck's bare knuckles might tell a different story. He's a good QB, but "suck for Luck" just proved you need a whole team to get to the next level. The Jets can get their QB of choice next year and would still be about 5 players on both sides of the ball away from legitimate playoff contention. I feel bad for Bowles. Woody and that front office are setting a good coach up for failure.
Only a chump boos the home team!

[quote pid='1001208' dateline='1496880684']

pirksterI question whether it really "worked" for Indy.

But what have they done other than making a draft pick selection?  ...*one* draft pick selection?

Maybe there is a plan with the NYJ.  But, in all likelihood it's going to take a lot more than one homerun QB pick.

That's what teams that are only "a QB away" from Championships need.  Few teams are ever in that position.
[/quote]

The GM has to follow through.  They got their guy and he IS good.  The problem is a franchise QB can't carry the entire team.
Huh

(06-08-2017, 07:32 AM)Monty Wrote: [quote pid='1001208' dateline='1496880684']

pirksterI question whether it really "worked" for Indy.

The GM has to follow through.  They got their guy and he IS good.  The problem is a franchise QB can't carry the entire team.
[/quote]

Which only further illustrates there's no one player worth "tanking" for.

They're definitely tanking. Would be funny if Hackenburg played well enough to get them out of the top 5, but not well enough that they wouldn't draft a QB next year.

(06-08-2017, 06:38 PM)Skwisgaar Wrote: They're definitely tanking. Would be funny if Hackenburg played well enough to get them out of the top 5, but not well enough that they wouldn't draft a QB next year.

As long as it's not good enough to beat us after we return from London, fine with me.

Also don't want them beating Buffalo, either.  The Bills need to suck, but not too badly because I don't want them getting a QB, either.

Perhaps this is the reason behind it...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...jets-otas/

(06-09-2017, 10:21 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Perhaps this is the reason behind it...

Sounds a bit like the Drew Henson saga.  Crazy arm talent.  Inexplicable inaccuracy at times.

(06-09-2017, 10:28 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-09-2017, 10:21 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Perhaps this is the reason behind it...

Sounds a bit like the Drew Henson saga.  Crazy arm talent.  Inexplicable inaccuracy at times.

Do you think Henson would have succeeded had he not gone to baseball first?

I do.

I am not sure why he chose to try baseball, but I was sold on his talent before he did that.

As for Hackenburg, his fall/lack of ascent from when he was highly touted to now, is equally mysterious. You hit it on the head. Hackenburg's startling lack of accuracy astounds!