Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I know this will send some in a tizzy - But I think Jets are tanking

(06-07-2017, 09:57 PM)Kotite Wrote:
(06-07-2017, 05:27 PM)TheAll22 Wrote: The Jets are totally tanking, it worked for Indy

Andrew Luck's bare knuckles might tell a different story. He's a good QB, but "suck for Luck" just proved you need a whole team to get to the next level. The Jets can get their QB of choice next year and would still be about 5 players on both sides of the ball away from legitimate playoff contention. I feel bad for Bowles. Woody and that front office are setting a good coach up for failure.

Oh absolutely, we were the team that gifted them Luck as well. The Colts have blown so many drafts after that while almost ruining their QB in process

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-09-2017, 10:28 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-09-2017, 10:21 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Perhaps this is the reason behind it...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...jets-otas/

Sounds a bit like the Drew Henson saga.  Crazy arm talent.  Inexplicable inaccuracy at times.

I'm reminded of David Garrard's arm when he first started playing in games after having sat for his first few years.
'02

Doesn't bode well for Bowles' future as head coach. I'd like to be a fly on the wall when he gives his Major League Lou Brown speech to the team. Wouldn't mind seeing them have some success next year as well as long as it's not at the expense of the Jags. The front office is clearly tanking, but the coaches and players have no incentive to do so.

(06-07-2017, 11:27 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Somehow when the term "complete rebuild " is utilized it seems to be different than stating that the team has damn near zero intentions of attempting to field a competitive product on the field. When in actuality it is the exact same thing.

All the while the fans will be asked to pay for and endure the inevitable suckness that awaits them.

At the Scouting Combine Todd Bowles refused to admit the Jets are rebuilding LOL. Everyone knew he was lying about it.

Last week I read on NFL.com it actually is true the Jets are not rebuilding . . . because the correct term is demolition. The writer did not even name half of the players who were cut, waived, or traded. All of them have more talent than the guys who were kept on board. The is the most obvious tank job I had ever seen.

The Falcons have a new motto this year: "Embrace the suck." Obviously that is what the Jets are doing - they want to suck.

(06-11-2017, 08:37 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: At the Scouting Combine Todd Bowles refused to admit the Jets are rebuilding LOL. Everyone knew he was lying about it.

Last week I read on NFL.com it actually is true the Jets are not rebuilding . . . because the correct term is demolition. The writer did not even name half of the players who were cut, waived, or traded. All of them have more talent than the guys who were kept on board. The is the most obvious tank job I had ever seen.

The Falcons have a new motto this year: "Embrace the suck." Obviously that is what the Jets are doing - they want to suck.

The Falcons?

'02

(06-11-2017, 09:17 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(06-11-2017, 08:37 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: At the Scouting Combine Todd Bowles refused to admit the Jets are rebuilding LOL. Everyone knew he was lying about it.

The Falcons?

Yes, the Falcons. They still say RISE UP but added "Embrace the suck" after losing Super Bowl 51. Whatever works for them, I guess.

(06-07-2017, 03:51 PM)Monty Wrote: They want the first pick of QBs next year.

That is not logical. Bucky Brooks wrote he is not impressed with any 2018 prospects so many others seem to be excited about. There is no can't-miss guy like Andrew Luck next year. Also, with needs all over the place, the Jets can't afford to pick their favorite QB at the expense of next year's Myles Garrett. Mike Maccagnan is tanking for the top pick in 2018, not a QB.

(06-07-2017, 08:11 PM)pirkster Wrote: I question whether it really "worked" for Indy.

Sure, they got "their" guy.

But what have they done other than making a draft pick selection?  ...*one* draft pick selection?

It's not like that pick has magically fixed everything else.

Maybe there is a plan with the NYJ.  But, in all likelihood it's going to take a lot more than one homerun QB pick.

Folks seem to think that's all anyone needs, but that's not true.

That's what teams that are only "a QB away" from Championships need.  Few teams are ever in that position.

With Andrew Luck mostly living up to pre-draft billing, I really think it did work. They have been horrible otherwise, but just having Luck seems to guarantee 8 wins and competition for the division no matter how bad their team is.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(06-07-2017, 05:27 PM)TheAll22 Wrote: The Jets are totally tanking, it worked for Indy

Yep, because we were dumb enough to beat them in attempt to convince ourselves this team was on the rise.

(06-14-2017, 11:45 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

Yep, because we were dumb enough to beat them in attempt to convince ourselves this team was on the rise.

That debate still makes me shake my head.

I know I'd feel more comfortable facing Indy today had they won that game and had been facing us with RG III instead of Luck,

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I remember when the Jags thought they were one player away from a title run.. Laughable.. I get that the QB is the most important position in pro sports, but you need a team to take home the hardware.
Only a chump boos the home team!

(06-07-2017, 11:27 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Somehow when the term "Complete rebuild " is utilized it seems to be different than stating that the team has damn near zero intentions of attempting to field a competitive product on the field. When in actuality it is the exact same thing
All the while the fans will be asked to pay for and endure the inevitable suckness that awaits them.

While I agree, I also would bet that if the talent pool to pick from was unlimited and there was no salary cap, New York teams especially wouldn't do as you say. Fans have to understand that if they could, I'm sure the Jets would buy everyone they want. I actually think they're smart rebuilding now because the old roster wasn't going to do anything all that more special than their current one is IMO.

(06-11-2017, 10:56 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(06-07-2017, 03:51 PM)Monty Wrote: They want the first pick of QBs next year.

That is not logical. Bucky Brooks wrote he is not impressed with any 2018 prospects so many others seem to be excited about. There is no can't-miss guy like Andrew Luck next year. Also, with needs all over the place, the Jets can't afford to pick their favorite QB at the expense of next year's Myles Garrett. Mike Maccagnan is tanking for the top pick in 2018, not a QB.

If it's one thing I've learned in my 25+ years watching (a few playing) football, it's that you can't take only one guy's word at face value. Whether Bucky Brooks is a good draft analyst or not is irrelevant - he isn't the only "expert" out there.

As for the topic, yeah... the Jets are going to be historically bad. Not even the 49ers or Bears are going to be this bad.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...t-lottery/

I believe tanking happens, but I do NOT want a draft lottery.

I think that will lend itself to more corruption.

Man was I wrong for this thread!!!!!

Just a bit outside!!!

Apologies and hats off to the Jets! Mea culpa to the board!