Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Holy Cow, Batman! Adam West Passed Away!

(This post was last modified: 06-11-2017, 02:29 PM by AmeliaIsland.)

Hi, Jaguars fans.  Adam West died from leukemia this morning at the age of 88. West played the original Batman, along with his fellow Caped Crusader and actor Burt Ward, who played Robin the Boy Wonder, on the original ABC-TV serial series in 1965 through 1968.

Adam West also finally received his star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame more than 40 years later after his Batman TV series was cancelled. RIP. AW. You definitely left a legacy also representing DC Comics. His funeral is pending.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

So sad.. I loved Adam West.. The guy just had "It".. So few people of his caliber are well known and celebrated like he was by different generations. He will definitely be missed and his legacy will live on..

RIP Adam and thank you..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

So sad. Sad
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 06-10-2017, 01:33 PM by The Drifter.)

Aw Man, I grew up watching him.......

R.I.P. Adam West

Here's a link to the TMZ story

http://www.tmz.com/2017/06/10/adam-west-...ead-at-88/
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

Quahog needs a new mayor. RIP, Adam.

Sad Sad
60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

He saved Batman. In a very strange way, but he saved the franchise, and everyone who grew up on Kevin Conroy, Michael Keaton, Christian Bale, even Val Kilmer (still the best Batman, imo) and that other guy owe Mr. West a debt of gratitude.

I always admired the way he embraced the Batman image after he realized he was forever typecast in the minds of fans. He had fun with it.

Here's the original Batman

The Batman is a 1943 black-and-white 15-chapter theatrical serial from Columbia Pictures, produced by Rudolph C. Flothow, directed by Lambert Hillyer, that stars Lewis Wilson as Batman and Douglas Croft as Robin. J. Carrol Naish played the villain, an original character named Dr. Daka, a secret agent of the Japanese Imperial government. Rounding out the cast are Shirley Patterson as Linda Page, Bruce Wayne's love interest, and William Austin as Alfred the Wayne butler.

But Adam West Played it best IMO
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(06-10-2017, 12:55 PM)AmeliaIsland Wrote: HHi, Jaguars fans!  Adam West died from leukemia this morning at the adr of 88. West played the original Batman, along with his fellow Caped Crusader and actor Burt Ward, who played Robin the Boy Wonder, on the original ABC-TV serial series in 1965-67. RIP. AW. You definitely left a legacy also representing DC Comics. His funeral is pending.

Very sad.  Coincidentally about 24 hours before I had seen a Batmobile while going to lunch.  Odd timing.  RIP Batman.

[Image: 20170609_130652.jpg]
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Yeah, that Batmobile makes the rounds locally. I love seeing it on the road. As a kid, I remember coming home from grade school, and before going out to play, we'dwatch Batman. I remember ever having the plastic Batman helmet.

Adam West was Batman. RIP
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(06-10-2017, 12:55 PM)AmeliaIsland Wrote: Hi, Jaguars fans.  Adam West died from leukemia this morning at the age of 88.  West played the original Batman, along with his fellow Caped Crusader and actor Burt Ward, who played Robin the Boy Wonder, on the original ABC-TV serial series in 1965 through 1968.

Adam West also finally received his star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame more than 40 years later after his Batman TV series was cancelled.  RIP. AW. You definitely left a legacy also representing DC Comics. His funeral is pending.

I used to love those shows as a kid. And I am surprised you made a thread in sideline. In fact I am so surprised I forgot my comment about the show. See guys, Amelia isn't a bot...

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(06-12-2017, 02:13 AM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(06-10-2017, 12:55 PM)AmeliaIsland Wrote: Hi, Jaguars fans.  Adam West died from leukemia this morning at the age of 88.  West played the original Batman, along with his fellow Caped Crusader and actor Burt Ward, who played Robin the Boy Wonder, on the original ABC-TV serial series in 1965 through 1968.

Adam West also finally received his star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame more than 40 years later after his Batman TV series was cancelled.  RIP. AW. You definitely left a legacy also representing DC Comics. His funeral is pending.

I used to love those shows as a kid. And I am surprised you made a thread in sideline. In fact I am so surprised I forgot my comment about the show. See guys, Amelia isn't a bot...

Where have you been? AmeliaNotaBot has always made these kinds of posts on the sideline.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 06-12-2017, 02:17 AM by HandsomeRob86.)

(06-10-2017, 03:48 PM)TJBender Wrote: He saved Batman. In a very strange way, but he saved the franchise, and everyone who grew up on Kevin Conroy, Michael Keaton, Christian Bale, even Val Kilmer (still the best Batman, imo) and that other guy owe Mr. West a debt of gratitude.

That other guy ruined batman for me as a older child/adolescent, he was so bad. I have no idea why they thought casting Clooney was a great idea. Especially when Val Kilmer had done a pretty good job on the previous version. I still had the movie as a kid, but man Clooney was no good. To his credit tho, he barely looks any older now than he did then. And his acting hasn't improved either.

(06-12-2017, 02:15 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(06-12-2017, 02:13 AM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: I used to love those shows as a kid. And I am surprised you made a thread in sideline. In fact I am so surprised I forgot my comment about the show. See guys, Amelia isn't a bot...

Where have you been? AmeliaNotaBot has always made these kinds of posts on the sideline.

I guess they got screened by my botscreener. Must not be updated for the new board.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.