Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trivial Annoyances Thread

(02-19-2021, 07:23 PM)Jags Wrote: Amazon...again.  

Buy now within 2 hrs for free same day delivery!  Need a 30amp extension cord by today.  I placed the order Wednesday.  As soon as I place it, it tells me it’ll be here the following day.  ????  Ok.  Whatever.  I need it for Friday. Here we are, it’s Friday.  Do I have this extension?   Nope!

Believe it or not, last couple of times my wife and I purchased dog and cat food on walmart's website, both arrived the same day it was purchased.. Is walmart trying to compete with amazon now?

Love it by the way.. lugging around 50 pounds of dog food sucks haha

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2021, 07:40 PM by Jags.)

(02-19-2021, 07:35 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:

Buy now within 2 hrs for free same day delivery!  Need a 30amp extension cord by today.  I placed the order Wednesday.  As soon as I place it, it tells me it’ll be here the following day.  ????  Ok.  Whatever.  I need it for Friday. Here we are, it’s Friday.  Do I have this extension?   Nope!

Believe it or not, last couple of times my wife and I purchased dog and cat food on walmart's website, both arrived the same day it was purchased.. Is walmart trying to compete with amazon now?

I do believe Walmart is trying to compete.  Who wins.. idk.  Walmart has been pushing that along with a membership.  So far the difference I see is that the videos on Amazon are better than the videos I see of Walmart customers.

(02-19-2021, 06:47 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: It's fun to read mock drafts this time of year, but so many of them are just one round.  I wish they would go one more pick.  Instead of 1-32, I wish they would go 1-33.

LOL.  I REALLY hope the highest ranked player at the 33rd pick is a QB.   Maybe then, just maybe, all those BPA advocates will go away!
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(02-19-2021, 07:35 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:

Yes, Walmart is trying to compete with Amazon. They have a market place for resellers now too. You can sell new and used items (category specific) now. They have also partnered up with Thredup, a clothing and accessories reselling site. You just have to be careful of who you are buying from on there because the Chinese have discovered it, so it’s full of crappy stuff like ebay is.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Can there be a PSA which explains to middle-aged men that they should NOT wear skinny jeans?

Spandex-woven denim stretched tight around thin calves while your gut casts a shadow is not cool or attractive. Youth has flown. Time to let go.

(02-21-2021, 03:24 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Can there be a PSA which explains to middle-aged men that they should NOT wear skinny jeans?

Spandex-woven denim stretched tight around thin calves while your gut casts a shadow is not cool or attractive. Youth has flown. Time to let go.

Just my opinion, but a "man" wearing skinny jeans is probably not very masculine... especially if he has a man bun.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(02-21-2021, 05:06 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(02-21-2021, 03:24 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Can there be a PSA which explains to middle-aged men that they should NOT wear skinny jeans?

Just my opinion, but a "man" wearing skinny jeans is probably not very masculine... especially if he has a man bun.

I think you just described more than half of Riverside males lolol

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Yes, skinny jeans in general, doesn’t matter the age.

Buying a product and bringing it home to find it needs to be returned. I bought what should have been a pretty nice pressure washer Friday. Got back in town this afternoon and decided to try it out and get some pollen off of stuff before I grilled tonight. Kept smelling a weird smell. Kept telling myself new engines smell funny. The more I went on, the more I’m thinking this smell isn’t the normal small engine breaking in. I stop to check it out. Oil, now in gel form, is puddling on my patio we had installed about 7 months ago. Glad I had already sealed the pavers. The pressure washer did a fantastic job though. I’ll try replacing it for the same thing. I think I bought the last one. If I have the same problem, I’ll just barrow my dads.

If I told NYC once I've told him a thousand times...

(02-21-2021, 05:56 PM)Jags Wrote: Yes, skinny jeans in general, doesn’t matter the age.  

Buying a product and bringing it home to find it needs to be returned.  I bought what should have been a pretty nice pressure washer Friday.  Got back in town this afternoon and decided to try it out and get some pollen off of stuff before I grilled tonight.  Kept smelling a weird smell.  Kept telling myself new engines smell funny.  The more I went on, the more I’m thinking this smell isn’t the normal small engine breaking in. I stop to check it out.  Oil, now in gel form, is puddling on my patio we had installed about 7 months ago.  Glad I had already sealed the pavers.  The pressure washer did a fantastic job though.  I’ll try replacing it for the same thing.  I think I bought the last one.  If I have the same problem, I’ll just barrow my dads.

Made in China.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 02-21-2021, 07:03 PM by Jags.)

(02-21-2021, 06:34 PM)Jjagibelieve Wrote:
(02-21-2021, 05:56 PM)Jags Wrote: Yes, skinny jeans in general, doesn’t matter the age.  

Buying a product and bringing it home to find it needs to be returned.  I bought what should have been a pretty nice pressure washer Friday.  Got back in town this afternoon and decided to try it out and get some pollen off of stuff before I grilled tonight.  Kept smelling a weird smell.  Kept telling myself new engines smell funny.  The more I went on, the more I’m thinking this smell isn’t the normal small engine breaking in. I stop to check it out.  Oil, now in gel form, is puddling on my patio we had installed about 7 months ago.  Glad I had already sealed the pavers.  The pressure washer did a fantastic job though.  I’ll try replacing it for the same thing.  I think I bought the last one.  If I have the same problem, I’ll just barrow my dads.

Made in China.
You know it!  What sucks is not only were  the reviews solid,  but my dad has the same one and he loves it.  Whatever,  I’ll get my money back if nothing else.

Skinny jeans on any age is just wrong. Denim looking like tights on a man is NOT appealing at all.

My daughter allows her two sons to talk over, interrupt and raise a racket while adults are speaking. She was not raised like that. I don’t understand why she tolerates it, but it drives me up the wall.

(02-22-2021, 11:12 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: My daughter allows her two sons to talk over, interrupt and raise a racket while adults are speaking. She was not raised like that. I don’t understand why she tolerates it, but it drives me up the wall.

I’ve dropped friends in the past that allowed their children to act like that. That [BLEEP] doesn’t fly with me!

Boomer alert.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 02-22-2021, 04:12 PM by Jags.)

My daughter’s bus stop is at an intersection of one of the main roads in the neighborhood and a cul-de-sac.  The cul-de-sac is just the round portion with a few houses.  The owners of the house act so upset that people park in front to pick up their kids.  They have 2 cars.  Garage door usually open and it’s open and clean.  They park 1 car in the drive and the other in the street.  I just rolled up and this lady has a look of disgust that she had to walk around my truck to put the trash can out.  They usually put it about 3 feet into the road too.  This lady usually arrives home just after the bus traffic and doesn’t matter who’s parked there.  She just looks so pissed.  Don’t get pissy with us because you bought a house where the bus stops

(02-22-2021, 03:08 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Boomer alert.

Hush, we’re talking.  Tongue

I’m gen X, so I’m responding with my best “whatever...”

(02-22-2021, 04:40 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:

I’m gen X, so I’m responding with my best “whatever...”

Your parents thought the same thing about your Guess jeans, New Kids on the Block cd, and Aquanet; as their's did about the tie dye, long hair, and grass. It's a sign of maturity to hate on youth culture.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 03-01-2021, 06:11 PM by Jags.)

The fact that I can’t get a live person on the phone for customer service from the PHONE COMPANY!!!!

They’re pushing the live chat crap.  And for what I need is not a live chat thing.  Call us!  Call them and they pretty much have it set up that you need to go into the app and make an appointment for someone to call you back.

Edit:  just did that.  I get a message telling me to turn my spam filter off!   Lol. No.  Too much gets past that thing anyway.  Hopefully they get through.  Otherwise I’ll just go to a store whenever I’ve got the time.