Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trivial Annoyances Thread

(05-07-2021, 09:07 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Has anyone heard the radio commercial by that scumbag who promises to get people out of their timeshares? This guy spent years selling timeshares and now makes money getting them out from underneath them.

Brilliant, really, but immoral as hell.

Ever sat through a presentation? Worst people ever.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

My new boss has a really annoying habit of overusing the phrase 'for awareness purposes'. Isn't that pretty much why you tell somebody something?

While we're on that subject, he loves to hear himself talk and show how smart he is but I've heard him say numerous times, 'for all intensive purposes'.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We actually tried some of that Beyond Meat premade burger patties the other night. It wasn't terrible, wasn't good either. They went a little overboard trying to copy a grilled cooked burger taste. I was burpin that stuff up all night, it was so nasty. The aftertaste was way worse than the actual taste of the burger..

Tried it and I think that'll be the last time..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(This post was last modified: 05-11-2021, 08:16 AM by rpr52121.)

1. Replying all to Emails that don't need to be.
2. Recall emails to the Reply all email.
3. Multiple people then responding to the initial email saying please don't use reply all or that this email has nothing to do with them but also using reply all.

(05-10-2021, 01:58 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: We actually tried some of that Beyond Meat premade burger patties the other night. It wasn't terrible, wasn't good either. They went a little overboard trying to copy a grilled cooked burger taste. I was burpin that stuff up all night, it was so nasty. The aftertaste was way worse than the actual taste of the burger..

I don't get the whole "fake meat" thing.  If someone wants something that tastes like a burger, why not just eat the real thing?  Instead of eating a cow some people want to make cow food taste like a cow.  I just don't get it.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

[Image: qGVClY2.jpg]

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(05-10-2021, 03:35 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 01:58 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: We actually tried some of that Beyond Meat premade burger patties the other night. It wasn't terrible, wasn't good either. They went a little overboard trying to copy a grilled cooked burger taste. I was burpin that stuff up all night, it was so nasty. The aftertaste was way worse than the actual taste of the burger..

I don't get the whole "fake meat" thing.  If someone wants something that tastes like a burger, why not just eat the real thing?  Instead of eating a cow some people want to make cow food taste like a cow.  I just don't get it.

For us, it was just an open mind moment.. Everyone was talking about it..

Everyone was wrong lolol

We have a religious sect in my area, and one of their things is no pork. 

My buddy tried to convince me for years and years, that turkey bacon taste just like bacon, all though he had never had bacon. He ended up leaving the religion and now admits you absolutely can't fake the real thing and he had no idea what he was missing. 

I'll stick with real, unclean/filthy animals.

(05-10-2021, 05:04 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [Image: qGVClY2.jpg]

Screw cows!

(This post was last modified: 05-10-2021, 06:00 PM by RicoTx.)

(05-10-2021, 05:10 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 03:35 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I don't get the whole "fake meat" thing.  If someone wants something that tastes like a burger, why not just eat the real thing?  Instead of eating a cow some people want to make cow food taste like a cow.  I just don't get it.

For us, it was just an open mind moment.. Everyone was talking about it..

Everyone was wrong lolol

And let me preface this with...I am not always the most healthy eater.

If you want to taste something with fake meat that is actually good, get some Loma Linda Chipotle Bowl or Pad Thai.  Also you need to like spicy.  It's microwave food.  I'd actually buy it on purpose.  It's actually pretty damn good.  They have a [BLEEP] ton of other flavors, but those are the only two that I've had.  

I can't say I like the 'meatless burgers'.

Add me to the “if you want meat, eat meat” category. I don’t eat the healthiest either, like a Rico. But I’ve had a fair share of alternative foods. Some of the stuff was good. But not if you were looking for it’s traditional taste. So I guess it all depends on how you go into it. If I had to stop eating certain foods for health reasons, there are a fair amount of substitutes that taste good, whether it tastes like what it’s imposter if or not. Is your glass half full, half empty, or twice as big as it needs to be...?

(05-10-2021, 05:32 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: We have a religious sect in my area, and one of their things is no pork. 

My buddy tried to convince me for years and years, that turkey bacon taste just like bacon, all though he had never had bacon. He ended up leaving the religion and now admits you absolutely can't fake the real thing and he had no idea what he was missing. 

(05-10-2021, 05:04 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [Image: qGVClY2.jpg]

Screw cows!

That’s a whole other kind of lifestyle.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

During the worst of the grocery stores being completely out of meat last year you'd see people standing in front of this stuff, looking at it and picking it up to smell it. Some would put their choice in the cart but most walked on. It was never an option for me. For me it's real meat or no meat.

(05-10-2021, 07:39 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 05:32 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: We have a religious sect in my area, and one of their things is no pork. 

Screw cows!

That’s a whole other kind of lifestyle.

The cows or the weird religious sect? 

Cows are like watching over a few dozen 1500lbs toddlers.

(05-10-2021, 08:32 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 07:39 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: That’s a whole other kind of lifestyle.

With nasty cow farts?

(05-10-2021, 05:58 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 05:10 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: For us, it was just an open mind moment.. Everyone was talking about it..

Everyone was wrong lolol

And let me preface this with...I am not always the most healthy eater.

If you want to taste something with fake meat that is actually good, get some Loma Linda Chipotle Bowl or Pad Thai.  Also you need to like spicy.  It's microwave food.  I'd actually buy it on purpose.  It's actually pretty damn good.  They have a [BLEEP] ton of other flavors, but those are the only two that I've had.  

I don't know man, i got burnt pretty bad on the fake meat lolol

But then again, it could be one of those things like if the wife put it in a bowl and didn't tell me what it was, I'd prolly eat it and enjoy it..

(05-10-2021, 08:32 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 07:39 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: That’s a whole other kind of lifestyle.

The screw cows part...lol
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(05-11-2021, 06:00 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 05:58 PM)RicoTx Wrote: And let me preface this with...I am not always the most healthy eater.

I don't know man, i got burnt pretty bad on the fake meat lolol

But then again, it could be one of those things like if the wife put it in a bowl and didn't tell me what it was, I'd prolly eat it and enjoy it..

Exactly how I tried it the first time.   Laughing

I've never had the fake meat, but I did look at a package of it at Costco one time, and the list of ingredients and chemicals in there was a mile long. Like the list of ingredients in a 7-11 Burrito.

It didn't look particularly healthy to me.

(This post was last modified: 05-13-2021, 09:36 AM by Mikey.)

(05-10-2021, 03:35 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

Because they are romantically involved with someone who doesn't want to eat meat. It's peak compromise, taste/texture close to but not quite the thing I love, but made of substances that keep their S. O. happy.

I've tried them before, not the best stuff. I found it would be better using the crumbled stuff in something like chili or spaghetti where there are a lot of other flavors to offset. As a burger, the meat (or meat substitute) is the star, and the substitutes just didn't have enough flavor to do that heavy lifting.

Another important lesson - if you are going to eat vegetarian/vegan, the best options are prepared by vegetarians/vegans. In college there was a place run by hippies, and I always got a tofu burrito there because it was the only place who knew how to make and prepare it well.

Agree completely that turkey bacon is not the same as bacon bacon. We tend toward the turkey version only because it is cheaper, less greasy, and I don't spend the rest of the day burping up the aftertaste.

on a burger, though, bacon bacon every time.

(05-13-2021, 09:34 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 03:35 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I don't get the whole "fake meat" thing.  If someone wants something that tastes like a burger, why not just eat the real thing?  Instead of eating a cow some people want to make cow food taste like a cow.  I just don't get it.

Because they are romantically involved with someone who doesn't want to eat meat. It's peak compromise, taste/texture close to but not quite the thing I love, but made of substances that keep their S. O. happy.

I've tried them before, not the best stuff. I found it would be better using the crumbled stuff in something like chili or spaghetti where there are a lot of other flavors to offset. As a burger, the meat (or meat substitute) is the star, and the substitutes just didn't have enough flavor to do that heavy lifting.

Another important lesson - if you are going to eat vegetarian/vegan, the best options are prepared by vegetarians/vegans. In college there was a place run by hippies, and I always got a tofu burrito there because it was the only place who knew how to make and prepare it well.

Agree completely that turkey bacon is not the same as bacon bacon. We tend toward the turkey version only because it is cheaper, less greasy, and I don't spend the rest of the day burping up the aftertaste.

on a burger, though, bacon bacon every time.

Yeah well, that may be the case with some people, but not us.. We just tried it for the hell of it. Not going to write something off before we try it.. And we're writing that crap off now..