Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trivial Annoyances Thread

Sam Kouvaris. He doesn't even ask a question. He just makes an [BLEEP] kissing statement and puts the microphone in the athlete's face for a response.

"Making the playoffs is great, but you guys expected this since the start of training camp." [sticks mike in front of athlete for response]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-21-2017, 08:32 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Sam Kouvaris.   He doesn't even ask a question.  He just makes an [BLEEP] kissing statement and puts the microphone in the athlete's face for a response.  

"Making the playoffs is great, but you guys expected this since the start of training camp."   [sticks mike in front of athlete for response]

And the first words out of the players mouth are, “Yeah, no...” or “I’m just sayin’...”

I have been waiting for a year to see The Last Jedi but we haven't been able to thanks to my husband's work schedule. I'm about to go watch it by myself and he can see it later. He told me I could, so that makes me feel less guilty if I actually do it, but it would be more fun to watch it together....

(12-09-2017, 03:26 PM)copycat Wrote: Non readers.

Here I sit on a dreary rainy day, nook book in hand,  totally engrossed, genre specific music playing softly in the background.  In walks my wife, the love of my life, the reason I put up with all the BS at work 5 days a week and starts talking.  I look over my nook, give her the "eye" and she says:  "Oh you're just reading"  OMG, no I am not just reading!  I am on the Shattered Plains with Kaladin Stormblessed.  We are about ready to face down a Chasm fiend.  I don't give a darn about what you paid for our granddaughters Christmas Gift!  GRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I laughed so hard at this because I feel your pain. My husband is not a chatty guy- at all. But when he gets that urge to share it is always at the most inopportune times. I'm reading, I'm in the middle of a project I am totally engrossed in, etc. And I have to stop and listen because it's so rare that he wants to talk about whatever. At the moment I probably don't give a rat's [BLEEP] what he's talking about, but I stop and listen anyway. 

But I also know I do the same thing to him, and more often. Also why I laughed so hard at this.

(12-21-2017, 11:14 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I have been waiting for a year to see The Last Jedi but we haven't been able to thanks to my husband's work schedule. I'm about to go watch it by myself and he can see it later. He told me I could, so that makes me feel less guilty if I actually do it, but it would be more fun to watch it together....

Make sure you reach all the way to the bottom of the popcorn!! Big Grin
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(12-21-2017, 11:54 AM)Jagwired Wrote:
(12-21-2017, 11:14 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I have been waiting for a year to see The Last Jedi but we haven't been able to thanks to my husband's work schedule. I'm about to go watch it by myself and he can see it later. He told me I could, so that makes me feel less guilty if I actually do it, but it would be more fun to watch it together....

Make sure you reach all the way to the bottom of the popcorn!! Big Grin

*gasp* You naughty man! You naughty, naughty man!

(12-21-2017, 01:41 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-21-2017, 11:54 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Make sure you reach all the way to the bottom of the popcorn!! Big Grin

*gasp* You naughty man! You naughty, naughty man!

Omgoodness y'all are so bad.   Rolleyes

Had my first-ever eagle today at North Hampton.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(12-22-2017, 02:27 PM)Rico Wrote: Had my first-ever eagle today at North Hampton.

I assume the fact that it was your first ever is what was annoying? Big Grin
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(12-22-2017, 02:27 PM)Rico Wrote: Had my first-ever eagle today at North Hampton.

Did it taste like chicken?

(12-22-2017, 05:03 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Did it taste like chicken?

Beer.

Congrats- Par 5?
I have 3- two on the same par 5 hole in Massachusetts where 3rd shots rolled in from 100 yds out and the hole in one on a par 3 in St. Augustine last year.
I missed a double eagle by about 3 feet at Cypress Knoll in Palm Coast this summer, then missed the eagle putt.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Fuccillo car commercials, "It's huuuuge". I first encountered them about 8 years ago when working at Ft. Drum, NY. The commercials were shown on TV out of Syracuse and I remember thinking 'thank god I won't have to look at these annoying commercials again after I leave'. Welp...

(12-25-2017, 05:25 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Fuccillo car commercials, "It's huuuuge". I first encountered them about 8 years ago when working at Ft. Drum, NY. The commercials were shown on TV out of Syracuse and I remember thinking 'thank god I won't have to look at these annoying commercials again after I leave'. Welp...

Omg this. Left Western NY thinking it was over.... Little did I know.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Congratulations. 

I had an eagle last year at Hyde Park on #9. 

I was so pumped up I ran into the bar like a crazy person and announced to the dozen people in there, "I just eagled #9!!!"  They gave me a good-natured round of applause and went back to their conversations.  I was walking on air for a week.

Type A Influenza. Been down since Sunday.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Being here at work this week. I'll bet only 25% of the people are here and the week is just dragggggggging endlessly.

(12-27-2017, 03:18 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:

Congratulations. 

I had an eagle last year at Hyde Park on #9. 

I was so pumped up I ran into the bar like a crazy person and announced to the dozen people in there, "I just eagled #9!!!"  They gave me a good-natured round of applause and went back to their conversations.  I was walking on air for a week.

I would’ve bought you a beer.

The TV commercial for cheap sunglasses "inspired" by sunglasses worn by the military. 

"Look, ordinary sunglasses just make things darker, which could be deadly in a tactical situation." 

I'm racking my brain trying to remember the last time I was in a tactical situation. Maybe if I moved to Chicago or Detroit.

(This post was last modified: 12-31-2017, 12:47 PM by imtheblkranger.)

Hearing someone trying to give nutritional/workout advice which is absolutely asinine and wrong. Especially from people who are "professionals"
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS