Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trivial Annoyances Thread

Political rants from friends on Facebook. You're not swaying anybody. You're alienating half your friends.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-23-2017, 10:31 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(06-23-2017, 10:22 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [BLEEP] that back into parking spaces especially when there are other cars waiting to pass.  Yeah we all couldn't wait to watch your [BLEEP] back into the parking space as slowly as possible.

[BLEEP] that don't vacate the fast lane when someone is coming up behind them.  I don't care if you're already going over the speed limit, get the hell out of the way.  You're causing traffic.

I have never understood why anyone wants to back into a parking space.   Maybe they have an expired tag?  Otherwise, it seems like it'd be a lot easier to back out of a parking space than to back into one.
On certain industrial parks you are required to back into a parking space. That way, if the general alarm sounds and the place needs to be evacuated no one gets held up by people trying to back out a parking space.

(06-23-2017, 10:34 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Political rants from friends on Facebook.  You're not swaying anybody.  You're alienating half your friends.

My facebook feed is almost unbearable some days.

• political rant
  • airing of dirty laundry
  • 27 very poorly taken and edited photos of someone's kids
  • shameless self promotion
  • blatant humble brag
  • someone pumping their own ego by shaming someone they encountered that morning at the gym/coffeeshop
  • uncomfortable selfie taken in a bathroom (find another mirror elsewhere ladies- it's weirdly inappropriate)
  • selfie with so much airbrush app it looks nothing like the person
  • someone thinks a viral video from 4 years ago is the best thing ever 
  • political rant
  • airing of someone else's dirty laundry
  • desperate cry for help
  • late night drunken sentimentality
  • more shameless self promotion
  • someone selling something
  • someone selling fear (I'm not in the market)
  • someone selling hate (I'm not in the market)
  • political rant
  • "look at me, look at me, look at me" 
  • new whip/new house/new stuff in general
  • something that I actually want to see that makes my day a little bit more inspired

(This post was last modified: 06-23-2017, 12:00 PM by Jaguarmeister.)

(06-23-2017, 11:23 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-23-2017, 10:34 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Political rants from friends on Facebook.  You're not swaying anybody.  You're alienating half your friends.

• political rant
  • blatant humble brag
  • someone pumping their own ego by shaming someone they encountered that morning at the gym/coffeeshop
  • uncomfortable selfie taken in a bathroom (find another mirror elsewhere ladies- it's weirdly inappropriate)
  • political rant
  • desperate cry for help
  • political rant
  • something that I actually want to see that makes my day a little bit more inspired

Yeah, Shameless Self Promotion and "Look at how great of a human being I am" type posts on Facebook are right up there with Political Rants.  Also could add people who post pictures of their dinner.  GTFOOHWTS

People that add multiple "witty" hashtags at the end of their "inspiring" or "witty" post that was neither "inspiring" nor "witty".

(This post was last modified: 06-24-2017, 02:40 AM by DarloJAG84.)

(06-23-2017, 10:22 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [BLEEP] that back into parking spaces especially when there are other cars waiting to pass.  Yeah we all couldn't wait to watch your [BLEEP] back into the parking space as slowly as possible.

[BLEEP] that don't vacate the fast lane when someone is coming up behind them.  I don't care if you're already going over the speed limit, get the hell out of the way.  You're causing traffic.

I have never understood why anyone wants to back into a parking space.   Maybe they have an expired tag?  Otherwise, it seems like it'd be a lot easier to back out of a parking space than to back into one.

I always back in to a parking space over here.. the way our parking lots a generally structured it makes it easier to see when driving out of a space over backing out of a space..

Whenever I've been in America, though, I've always driven in.. it seems to work easier.

Around the time of the UK General Election(s), I'm always reminded of how many politicians I have on Facebook.. Who knew?!
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

So you've never parked and ended up between trucks or a van?  It's 'easier' backing out of a parking spot with people, probably like Jaguarmeister, driving too fast?  That's EXACTLY why I back in, so I can get out without getting plowed into or some idiot blaring his horn at me and having the common courtesy to let me out.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(06-24-2017, 06:47 AM)Rico Wrote:
(06-23-2017, 10:31 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I have never understood why anyone wants to back into a parking space.   Maybe they have an expired tag?  Otherwise, it seems like it'd be a lot easier to back out of a parking space than to back into one.

So you've never parked and ended up between trucks or a van?  It's 'easier' backing out of a parking spot with people, probably like Jaguarmeister, driving too fast?  That's EXACTLY why I back in, so I can get out without getting plowed into or some idiot blaring his horn at me and having the common courtesy to let me out.

This is my thought process... also, if you're in too much of a hurry to wait for someone to back in to a space, then is that really the person who's parking's fault?
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(06-24-2017, 06:47 AM)Rico Wrote:
(06-23-2017, 10:31 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I have never understood why anyone wants to back into a parking space.   Maybe they have an expired tag?  Otherwise, it seems like it'd be a lot easier to back out of a parking space than to back into one.

It's not so much the backing in as it is the backing in when cars in either direction or both are waiting on the slow [BLEEP] to back in.  I've had a guy back in to a space in front of me when he could've driven through the space into the one in front of it and been facing the next aisle over.  It was the most asinine thing I've ever seen.  I do drive thru parking spaces to be facing the next aisle when I can, but I can't recall being in a situation where backing out of a space felt so dangerous that I regretted not backing into it in the first place.

Everyone on 9A between Phillips highway and JTB. Including construction workers. My job some how finds a way to have me traveling through that hell hole everyday between 4-6. I've Yet to see a day where people merge correctly. And how long do they need to build a freaking road. I swear it's been 2 1/2 years.

Smaller pet peeves- laundry and dishes... those are my nemesis

(06-23-2017, 11:23 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

• political rant
  • blatant humble brag
  • political rant
  • desperate cry for help
  • political rant

Well unfriend me dammit

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(06-24-2017, 03:05 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(06-23-2017, 11:23 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: My facebook feed is almost unbearable some days.

• political rant
  • blatant humble brag
  • political rant
  • desperate cry for help
  • selling hate (I'm not in the market)
  • political rant

Well unfriend me dammit
Banana Tongue

I drive a 2002 extended cab Chevy Silverado and, for me, it's easier to back into parking spots due to the wide wheelbase Chevy's have. They are notorious for not being able to make tight turns. I've pretty much perfected the art of backing a Chevy/GMC truck into a spot thanks to years of having to do so if I don't want to make a three point turn just to go forward into a spot. Give me a Ford though and I'm screwed when backing into a spot. They have shorter wheelbases and I over-correct if I'm driving my husband's work truck, so I always pull in and try to pull through. I hate backing out of a parking spot. 

Also, in the military we were always backing into spots for faster extraction should a quick getaway be necessary. Plus, all those vehicles have wide wheelbases so it was always easier to back them into their motor pool slot then drive straight out when leaving. A hard habit to break.

Clayton Bromberg. The guy from the Underwoods commercials. He has the most annoying voice, even worse than the stuttering steeler, Frangie.

Plus, one of his ads talks about cutting imperfections of diamonds. He goes on to say that a normal person can't distinguish them, so they should let Underwoods show them. Well, if a normal person can't tell the difference, who is stupid enough to spend thousands more for something that looks exactly alike?

Dude is a total tool.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

(This post was last modified: 06-24-2017, 06:22 PM by Minorcan.)

People who talk too much and talk too much about themselves. Just shut up  :D

(06-24-2017, 06:21 PM)Minorcan Wrote: People who talk too much and talk too much about themselves. Just shut up  Big Grin

Truth!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(06-18-2017, 10:53 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-18-2017, 12:44 AM)Jags02 Wrote: Drivers who merge too early getting onto the freeway forcing you to go around them.

Drivers who match your speed as they try to merge. Speed up or slow down, don't try to force me to move for you.

Conversely, drivers who match your speed as you try to merge. I'm speeding up or slowing down, you maintain your damn speed and I'll be fine.

Drivers who don't use blinkers, like come on people get your blinker fluid checked already.

(06-24-2017, 06:21 PM)Minorcan Wrote: People who talk too much and talk too much about themselves. Just shut up  Big Grin

Are you finished? Can I talk now?

(06-24-2017, 05:27 PM)Dakota Wrote: Clayton Bromberg. The guy from the Underwoods commercials. He has the most annoying voice, even worse than the stuttering steeler, Frangie.

Plus, one of his ads talks about cutting imperfections of diamonds. He goes on to say that a normal person can't distinguish them, so they should let Underwoods show them. Well, if a normal person can't tell the difference, who is stupid enough to spend thousands more for something that looks exactly alike?

Dude is a total tool.

LOL

"Fahyyyynne, Querlity Dahyyyymunds"

https://youtu.be/0jKw787kVZA

(06-25-2017, 10:09 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-24-2017, 05:27 PM)Dakota Wrote: Clayton Bromberg. The guy from the Underwoods commercials. He has the most annoying voice, even worse than the stuttering steeler, Frangie.

Dude is a total tool.

LOL

How to buy diamonds? Top tip: Don't, they're a waste of money.

(06-25-2017, 10:28 AM)DragonFury Wrote:
(06-25-2017, 10:09 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: LOL

How to buy diamonds? Top tip: Don't, they're a waste of money.

Give us your money for these special rocks.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato