Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trivial Annoyances Thread

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2019, 11:06 AM by homebiscuit.)

I've been a satellite TV (Directv) subscriber for many years but I'm beginning to rethink it. I wake up this morning to an error code that my receiver is not communicating with the satellite. I call customer service and go through the troubleshooting process with them only to discover that my dish needs alignment or repair. They just replaced it, along with some other components, last year because of the same issue. Additionally, the new dish is much more sensitive to storms than the original one. The year before that they had to repair something else. They charge $99 for a service call, or a mere $8.99 a month if you sign up for their protection plan. I get the feeling I'm being jobbed. Ever since AT&T took over, reliability has gone down and costs have gone up. Prior to this spate of problems, I went years with absolutely no issues.

I might start looking into cable. Are you cable subscribers happy with your service?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-21-2019, 11:05 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I've been a satellite TV (Directv) subscriber for many years but I'm beginning to rethink it. I wake up this morning to an error code that my receiver is not communicating with the satellite. I call customer service and go through the troubleshooting process with them only to discover that my dish needs alignment or repair. They just replaced it, along with some other components, last year because of the same issue. Additionally, the new dish is much more sensitive to storms than the original one. The year before that they had to repair something else. They charge $99 for a service call, or a mere $8.99 a month if you sign up for their protection plan. I get the feeling I'm being jobbed. Ever since AT&T took over, reliability has gone down and costs have gone up. Prior to this spate of problems, I went years with absolutely no issues.

I might start looking into cable. Are you cable subscribers happy with your service?

I can't say I've had any issues with DirecTV and have always found their customer service to be very good.

On the flip side, I believe Comcast is Satan.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2019, 11:45 AM by homebiscuit.)

(01-21-2019, 11:16 AM)Rico Wrote:
(01-21-2019, 11:05 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I've been a satellite TV (Directv) subscriber for many years but I'm beginning to rethink it. I wake up this morning to an error code that my receiver is not communicating with the satellite. I call customer service and go through the troubleshooting process with them only to discover that my dish needs alignment or repair. They just replaced it, along with some other components, last year because of the same issue. Additionally, the new dish is much more sensitive to storms than the original one. The year before that they had to repair something else. They charge $99 for a service call, or a mere $8.99 a month if you sign up for their protection plan. I get the feeling I'm being jobbed. Ever since AT&T took over, reliability has gone down and costs have gone up. Prior to this spate of problems, I went years with absolutely no issues.

I can't say I've had any issues with DirecTV and have always found their customer service to be very good.

Their customer service is very good, I just wish I didn't have to utilize it every 6 to 8 months. I might be overreacting out of frustration. Hopefully this isn't an unreliability trend that continues. The last time it took them 3 days to figure out what the problem was.

(01-21-2019, 11:43 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-21-2019, 11:16 AM)Rico Wrote: I can't say I've had any issues with DirecTV and have always found their customer service to be very good.

Their customer service is very good, I just wish I didn't have to utilize it every 6 to 8 months. I might be overreacting out of frustration. Hopefully this isn't an unreliability trend that continues. The last time it took them 3 days to figure out what the problem was.

I have had absolutely no problems with cable TV in the last few years.  About 10 years ago, I had a constant problem with my reception going out or becoming weak and pixilated every single Jaguars game, right at kick off.  But I guess they beefed up my neighborhood and for at least the last 5 or more years, I've had no problems at all.

Go to the bathroom, do your business, walk out of the bathroom, take five steps, and turn right back around for round 2.

Good news is I'm at work, so I'm pooping on company time.

(01-22-2019, 07:51 AM)DragonFury Wrote: Go to the bathroom, do your business, walk out of the bathroom, take five steps, and turn right back around for round 2.

They won’t notice any difference.

(01-22-2019, 09:11 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-22-2019, 07:51 AM)DragonFury Wrote: Go to the bathroom, do your business, walk out of the bathroom, take five steps, and turn right back around for round 2.

They won’t notice any difference.

True

I prefer the fact we don't have 24 hour shopping over here, but right now my shower is broken and the DIY store doesn't open until 9AM.

(01-27-2019, 07:16 PM)DragonFury Wrote: I prefer the fact we don't have 24 hour shopping over here, but right now my shower is broken and the DIY store doesn't open until 9AM.

What are doing in the shower to break it?

(01-28-2019, 07:21 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-27-2019, 07:16 PM)DragonFury Wrote: I prefer the fact we don't have 24 hour shopping over here, but right now my shower is broken and the DIY store doesn't open until 9AM.

Probably just from lack of use...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-28-2019, 07:21 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Hosing down your mom. The sailors are in town, she's gotta at least look clean before she heads down to the docks.

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2019, 02:46 PM by Jags.)

I can’t tell if you guys enjoy the back and forth smack talk or just don’t like each other.  I hope it’s the first one.   I think it’s the first one. Because that’s harsh, dude.

(01-28-2019, 02:45 PM)Jags Wrote: I can’t tell if you guys enjoy the back and forth smack talk or just don’t like each other.  I hope it’s the first one.   I think it’s the first one. Because that’s harsh, dude.

Why not both?

(01-28-2019, 02:22 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(01-28-2019, 07:21 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: What are doing in the shower to break it?

Hosing down your mom. The sailors are in town, she's gotta at least look clean before she heads down to the docks.

Aww. You’re so cute when you act like a guy.

(01-28-2019, 07:21 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: What are doing in the shower to break it?

We're talking about Dutch sailors ... I hope she doesn't hurt them too bad.

(01-28-2019, 03:37 PM)Sammy Wrote:
(01-28-2019, 02:22 PM)DragonFury Wrote: Hosing down your mom. The sailors are in town, she's gotta at least look clean before she heads down to the docks.

We're talking about Dutch sailors ... I hope she doesn't hurt them too bad.

Mom just draws them in. DF does the “hurting”.

[Image: Eating-Popcorn-GIF-Image-for-Whatsapp-an...ook-10.gif]

I won't even ask how the bidet got broken.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(01-29-2019, 09:18 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(01-28-2019, 02:22 PM)DragonFury Wrote: Hosing down your mom. The sailors are in town, she's gotta at least look clean before she heads down to the docks.

I won't even ask how the bidet got broken.

DF thought that was a fancy drinking fountain.

These last few posts have anything to do with the escape rooms thread? Is that what DF and Ma Biscuit is up to?