Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trivial Annoyances Thread

Listening to Elon Musk speak. The man is brilliant and accomplished, but geezus his halting speech is painful to listen to.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-31-2019, 04:07 PM)Jags Wrote: These last few posts have anything to do with the escape rooms thread?  Is that what DF and Ma Biscuit is up to?

That woman isn't escaping any time soon

(02-12-2019, 05:17 AM)DragonFury Wrote:
(01-31-2019, 04:07 PM)Jags Wrote: These last few posts have anything to do with the escape rooms thread?  Is that what DF and Ma Biscuit is up to?

That woman isn't escaping any time soon

That woman?? We had three in there the last time I checked. What the...

(02-11-2019, 07:34 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Listening to Elon Musk speak. The man is brilliant and accomplished, but geezus his halting speech is painful to listen to.

I thought it was just me thinking he talked kind of weird.

Walking around on a potentially broken ankle for the past week. My foot and ankle have been so swollen nothing could be seen on X-Ray so I'm getting one today- a week after I wrenched my ankle pretty hard. 

I've been using crutches and a walker to get around and have it wrapped, but bones start healing where they're at, even if they're not in the right place. Or in my case I could have a spiral fracture going up my fibula. It happened to my mom when she had an almost exact situation several years ago. 

And I've been doing all this on just ibuprofen and tramadol when absolutely necessary because we all know pain meds you have need to be used as if you'll never get any again, thanks to the government and their heavy hand on doctors prescribing them. Jackholes.

(02-12-2019, 09:13 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 05:17 AM)DragonFury Wrote: That woman isn't escaping any time soon

That woman?? We had three in there the last time I checked. What the...

One of them technically wasn't a woman though.

(02-11-2019, 07:34 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Listening to Elon Musk speak. The man is brilliant and accomplished, but geezus his halting speech is painful to listen to.

His mom is gorgeous with a great accent though, if that helps!  Big Grin
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 02-13-2019, 03:35 PM by homebiscuit.)

(02-13-2019, 11:57 AM)DragonFury Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 09:13 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: That woman?? We had three in there the last time I checked. What the...

One of them technically wasn't a woman though.

Oh great, now you tell me.

(02-13-2019, 01:12 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:

His mom is gorgeous with a great accent though, if that helps!  Big Grin

Maybe. A little...

No. No it doesn’t. He should hire a ventriloquist, or something.

(02-13-2019, 11:56 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Walking around on a potentially broken ankle for the past week. My foot and ankle have been so swollen nothing could be seen on X-Ray so I'm getting one today- a week after I wrenched my ankle pretty hard. 

I've been using crutches and a walker to get around and have it wrapped, but bones start healing where they're at, even if they're not in the right place. Or in my case I could have a spiral fracture going up my fibula. It happened to my mom when she had an almost exact situation several years ago. 

And I've been doing all this on just ibuprofen and tramadol when absolutely necessary because we all know pain meds you have need to be used as if you'll never get any again, thanks to the government and their heavy hand on doctors prescribing them. Jackholes.

I'm pretty sure this has been posted in the wrong thread ... Shouldn't you have posted it in the Important, Significant, Meaningful, Crucial, Essential, Serious, Vital, Pertinent, Profoundly Non Trivial Thread?  We need to keep the clutter out of this thread in case Dragonfury breaks another nail.

(02-13-2019, 07:18 PM)Sammy Wrote:
(02-13-2019, 11:56 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Walking around on a potentially broken ankle for the past week. My foot and ankle have been so swollen nothing could be seen on X-Ray so I'm getting one today- a week after I wrenched my ankle pretty hard. 

I'm pretty sure this has been posted in the wrong thread ... Shouldn't you have posted it in the Important, Significant, Meaningful, Crucial, Essential, Serious, Vital, Pertinent, Profoundly Non Trivial Thread?  We need to keep the clutter out of this thread in case Dragonfury breaks another nail.

Is it DragonFury, Dragon_Fury or Dragon Fury? You must know these things!

(02-13-2019, 07:43 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote:
(02-13-2019, 07:18 PM)Sammy Wrote: I'm pretty sure this has been posted in the wrong thread ... Shouldn't you have posted it in the Important, Significant, Meaningful, Crucial, Essential, Serious, Vital, Pertinent, Profoundly Non Trivial Thread?  We need to keep the clutter out of this thread in case Dragonfury breaks another nail.

Is it DragonFury, Dragon_Fury or Dragon Fury? You must know these things!

DagronFurrie.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Well, we can't discount Dragon Fairy, either.

DragQueen Fairy

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(02-14-2019, 10:49 AM)jagibelieve Wrote: DragQueen Fairy

That seems Very Logical.

I’m sure I’ve mentioned this before, but as long as it keeps happening I’ll keep saying it; when someone in line behind you stands way too close.

Also, when watching something (usually dvr’d) and the audio doesn’t match the video. Idk how, but I actually watched half an episode of Expedition Unknown like that.

(02-21-2019, 08:16 PM)Jags Wrote: I’m sure I’ve mentioned this before, but as long as it keeps happening I’ll keep saying it;  when someone in line behind you stands way too close.

Also, when watching something (usually dvr’d) and the audio doesn’t match the video.   Idk how, but I actually watched half an episode of Expedition Unknown like that.

Do this, when the person in front of you moves up, stay where you are. Will drive them crazy.

If you can make it all the way through this video, you will then be ready to step up to Godzilla (The good OLD ones).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cifeqLfdG4

(02-22-2019, 07:34 AM)Sammy Wrote:
(02-21-2019, 08:16 PM)Jags Wrote: I’m sure I’ve mentioned this before, but as long as it keeps happening I’ll keep saying it;  when someone in line behind you stands way too close.

Also, when watching something (usually dvr’d) and the audio doesn’t match the video.   Idk how, but I actually watched half an episode of Expedition Unknown like that.

Do this, when the person in front of you moves up, stay where you are. Will drive them crazy.

If you can make it all the way through this video, you will then be ready to step up to Godzilla (The good OLD ones).

I’ve done that before.  I’ve done all sorts of counter measures.  Some people just don’t get the hint.  Others do and then look at me like I’m the [BLEEP].  Which I guess explains the wanting to get closer, idk.

Unruly nose hairs.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(02-22-2019, 11:23 AM)Jags Wrote:
(02-22-2019, 07:34 AM)Sammy Wrote: Do this, when the person in front of you moves up, stay where you are. Will drive them crazy.

I’ve done that before.  I’ve done all sorts of counter measures.  Some people just don’t get the hint.  Others do and then look at me like I’m the [BLEEP].  Which I guess explains the wanting to get closer, idk.

I'm afraid to be the first to break this news to you ... you have just learned you are very Hot .... I'm sorry, it's a curse I too have to live with. People aggressively push closer to me, no matter how much I try to discourage the practice. It's a horrible infliction. Let me know if I can help guide you through these early years.

[Image: kewn7.jpg]

The propensity of my wife to ask me a question while I’m brushing my teeth. At least once a week, as I’m dutifully scrubbing away, she’ll hit me with an interrogative statement which requires verbalization rather than a simple definitive gesture. She does it on purpose, I just know it.

And trying to turn left but the trickle of oncoming traffic is spaced   just   far   enough   apart   to   prevent   it.