Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trivial Annoyances Thread

With the added bonus of the outside of your house smelling like a bus terminal!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Right. Like you don’t do it too.

When your husband tests positive for a viral infection and can't leave the house for five days due to being contagious. And I've been advised to do the same in case I have it and just don't know it yet.

(05-30-2019, 10:55 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: When your husband tests positive for a viral infection and can't leave the house for five days due to being contagious. And I've been advised to do the same in case I have it and just don't know it yet.

Gesundheit!

(05-30-2019, 10:55 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: When your husband tests positive for a viral infection and can't leave the house for five days due to being contagious. And I've been advised to do the same in case I have it and just don't know it yet.

I thought going viral was a good thing these days.

(05-31-2019, 08:57 AM)Mikey Wrote:

Hahaha, plus one for that, sir.

(05-31-2019, 08:57 AM)Mikey Wrote:

Big Grin  nice one. Maybe, but not like this. If how my husband feels, looks and sounds is any indication of what I might be in for....just no. Just shoot me and get it over with. Poor fella.

When you go on a 2 day “mini vacation” and you go to the beach area of the campground and someone steals your camo crocs. The only pair of footwear you brought.

More on that story in the “ode to talk about” thread later when I have better cell service. Long story short, the culprit brought them back. And yes stolen, not oh crap these are yours.

When the floors are so greasy in a Zaxby’s bathroom that while I’m standing at a urinal my feet are slowly sliding outwards.

(06-07-2019, 12:05 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: When the floors are so greasy in a Zaxby’s bathroom that while I’m standing at a urinal my feet are slowly sliding outwards.

That’s always annoying.  Especially when you have more pee than sliding room.  But at least we don’t have to hover.

(06-07-2019, 12:39 PM)Jags Wrote:
(06-07-2019, 12:05 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: When the floors are so greasy in a Zaxby’s bathroom that while I’m standing at a urinal my feet are slowly sliding outwards.

That’s always annoying.  Especially when you have more pee than sliding room.  But at least we don’t have to hover.

That ain’t no lie. Women must have thigh muscles of spring steel.

When you get in line at Chipotle or a fast casual place and the person in front of you has like a 6 person order. So the whole time they are ordering off their phone and each person is getting something super complex.

Excuse me mam... Can I just order my one burrito PLEASE!

(06-07-2019, 01:26 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(06-07-2019, 12:39 PM)Jags Wrote: That’s always annoying.  Especially when you have more pee than sliding room.  But at least we don’t have to hover.

That ain’t no lie. Women must have thigh muscles of spring steel.

I could crack a walnut! Wink
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

https://youtu.be/4dOsbsuhYGQ

(06-07-2019, 03:32 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(06-07-2019, 01:26 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: That ain’t no lie. Women must have thigh muscles of spring steel.

I could crack a walnut! Wink
[Image: giphy.gif]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

People who whistle. It's basically the analog version of those people who play terrible music over Bluetooth speakers in public.

(This post was last modified: 06-08-2019, 08:13 AM by PF*.)

Inconsiderate/bad golf cart drivers-  driving too fast, not slowing for the curb or the drop when crossing a road, blasting over terrible, broken cart paths, etc. One friend even rapidly drove up a short, steep hill (the only one in FL probably) b/c his ball was on top- I thought we were going to flip backwards.

Another time he drove too fast up a smaller rise on a course we hadn't been to before and there was a sand trap on the other side. We skidded to a halt just short of it.

If he was driving a golf cart anywhere else- No Carolina, NE, etc with hills and drop offs I wouldn't get in.

Anyway, let's get back to that walnut.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(06-08-2019, 08:12 AM)PF* Wrote: Inconsiderate/bad golf cart drivers-  driving too fast, not slowing for the curb or the drop when crossing a road, blasting over terrible, broken cart paths, etc. One friend even rapidly drove up a short, steep hill (the only one in FL probably) b/c his ball was on top- I thought we were going to flip backwards.

Another time he drove too fast up a smaller rise on a course we hadn't been to before and there was a sand trap on the other side. We skidded to a halt just short of it.

If he was driving a golf cart anywhere else- No Carolina, NE, etc with hills and drop offs I wouldn't get in.

Anyway, let's get back to that walnut.

My son constantly modulates the accelerator pedal. I fight the urge to reach over with my left foot and hold the pedal down.

That's not grease.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

My 16-year-old builder's grade AC finally gave up the ghost last evening. A new one goes in Monday morning. It looks like two more nights of sleeping with the fans. It's actually not so bad. I grew up and then lived 4 years in the Philippines without it. But, oh, it will be glorious to have it back. Plus, it will help my wallet cry itself to sleep.