Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trivial Annoyances Thread

TMD or JW threads

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Not a trivial annoyance, but people who run red lights. Like, my light is green and if I hadn't looked both ways before I pulled out into the intersection I would have gotten T-boned. It is becoming a serious issue up here. And it can be anything from a passenger car to a semi truck. I literally do look both ways before I drive even if my light is green. I get honked at sometimes but I don't care. Better to be careful than dead. I feel for the person who hits me because they ran a traffic light or stop sign and not because they're having a medical emergency.

(07-14-2017, 01:53 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Crop dusters.

When I was living in the Central Valley I had the most vivid dream that a Japanese Zero was strafing the ship I had been deployed on. I woke up to the sound of a crop duster making passes on a nearby field.

(07-14-2017, 06:24 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

When I was living in the Central Valley I had the most vivid dream that a Japanese Zero was strafing the ship I had been deployed on. I woke up to the sound of a crop duster making passes on a nearby field.

Haha that about sums it up!

Yeah, that bastard farts in my office door one more time and I'm gonna punch him.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 07-16-2017, 06:39 AM by The Real Marty.)

(07-14-2017, 06:17 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Not a trivial annoyance, but people who run red lights. Like, my light is green and if I hadn't looked both ways before I pulled out into the intersection I would have gotten T-boned. It is becoming a serious issue up here. And it can be anything from a passenger car to a semi truck. I literally do look both ways before I drive even if my light is green. I get honked at sometimes but I don't care. Better to be careful than dead. I feel for the person who hits me because they ran a traffic light or stop sign and not because they're having a medical emergency.

You live in North Carolina, right?  That state has the worst drivers of any state I've ever been in.

(07-03-2017, 11:05 AM)MalabarJag Wrote: Automated phones are really annoying. What gets me is when I have to listen to three menus, supply my ID and birth date, and then have the person I finally speak with ask for my ID and birth date.

That gets me, too.   I call a major credit card company, and I have to put in all this information to move forward, and I finally get a real person, and they ask me for the exact same information I already entered.

When you put your clothes in the dryer and your wife or kids used it before you and don't clean the lint filter.

The slang term "Woke".. Stupid..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

People who ask you "What do you think of..." and then when you get halfway into your first sentence, they interrupt you and go on for 15 minutes with their own opinion.

(This post was last modified: 07-20-2017, 05:00 PM by Jagwired.)

E-cigs. just smoke the real thing. Looks like your sucking on a robot [BLEEP].

edit: first two choices of words did not get filtered. I had to get more vulgar for the filter to catch it.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

People who ride your [BLEEP] on a two lane road and there's 15 cars in front of you and you couldn't go faster if you wanted to.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(07-21-2017, 09:19 AM)Rico Wrote: People who ride your [BLEEP] on a two lane road and there's 15 cars in front of you and you couldn't go faster if you wanted to.

That's when my foot starts easing up from the gas pedal.

(07-21-2017, 10:19 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(07-21-2017, 09:19 AM)Rico Wrote: People who ride your [BLEEP] on a two lane road and there's 15 cars in front of you and you couldn't go faster if you wanted to.

Mine will migrate over the pedal on the left then for some reason push it to the floor.

(07-21-2017, 10:19 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:

That irritates me too. I find myself also easing off the gas in those cases. Why do people want to white knuckle it going at speeds up on your [BLEEP]? Makes a much calmer, safer and peaceful ride giving some distance. I've been in cars with people who get up on the car in front of them when they can't pass. I tell them " Hey, if you get close enough, maybe all those cars ahead will decide to go faster just for you!'

Cell phone lag in green light traffic lines.

(This post was last modified: 07-28-2017, 06:21 PM by Jags.)

Twist ties on bread loaves. I untwist it and make progress just to find that something strange has happened and I'm now tightening it. Reverse back the other way to undo it to find it's even tighter. It's the simple things that get me.

People walking towards you in crowds 4 or 5 across who refuse to move even a tiny bit to avoid running into you, especially when you're pushing a stroller. You weigh 100 pounds, I weigh 250, if we collide I'm not the one gonna fall down, but I will be the one blamed for it. Entitlement on display.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Getting older and still having to work outside when it's 108 degrees.

Had a pretty rough time today  Confused

(This post was last modified: 08-03-2017, 07:28 PM by Jags.)

When I get [BLEEP] at for pissing on the toilet seat, when in fact I didn't piss on the seat, it was the powerful jet of water during the flush that splashed water on the seat.

(08-03-2017, 07:27 PM)Jags Wrote: When I get [BLEEP] at for pissing on the toilet seat, when in fact I didn't piss on the seat, it was the powerful jet of water during the flush that splashed water on the seat.

[Image: 1zbe849.jpg]

Mmmmmmhmmmmmmmm