Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trivial Annoyances Thread

Why can't the football gods decide to to move the Jags/Panthers game to 4pm. :'-( We'll be on the road to the mountains for the week and will miss it with the 1pm start time. If the dang cabin had Saturday night free we'd go a day early to avoid this catastrophe but alas.....no dice.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-01-2019, 06:20 PM)Jags Wrote: Clients that email and tell me to “do this” or “that” on the next visit.  

1. You don’t pay in your monthly price for that. It’s not free.  Would you like a quote??
2. Screw my schedule, whatever you need Mr “xxxx”.  I can quote and schedule it, if you’d like.
3. Who the [BLEEP] do you think you are? I’m not sure you realize it or not, but I actually live in your neighborhood.  You’re not better than me. Don’t treat me or my crew otherwise,

It’s not he work I have an issue with, but being nice to people is getting harder and harder each year.  

It feels s nice not having to be professional on his board.
Well, today was the next visit.  Guess what we did... “this” and “that”. Ugh.  It really wasn’t so bad.  I should quit my [BLEEP].

(10-01-2019, 06:52 PM)PF* Wrote: I hacksawed my thumb too, a long time ago and it still tingles to the touch. I've used a variety of power tools as we all have and, well, I do not care for them except for maybe the drill and the electric toothbrush.

Especially loathsome is the chainsaw and its non-powered cousin, the ax. After using both to chop wood for the woodstove in Maine, I decided long ago that the luxury of buying the cord of wood I need per year was well worth avoiding the risk of a major injury.

I have used a ax and chainsaw pretty much since I was able to swing/start them.  It's not the tools so much that concern me, more so some of the trees that I have to cut down on my property.  Lots of large old oak trees that grew to extremes in a sideways or leaning manner.  The possibility of having a tree do what is called "baberchairing" scares the crap out of me, and I leave those for professionals to bring down.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(10-02-2019, 02:55 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Why can't the football gods decide to to move the Jags/Panthers game to 4pm. :'-( We'll be on the road to the mountains for the week and will miss it with the 1pm start time. If the dang cabin had Saturday night free we'd go a day early to avoid this catastrophe but alas.....no dice.

If you have SiriusXM you can listen in the car.  And since you’re in that territory, you may be able to listen on local radio.  I know it’s not as good as the real thing, but that’s all I got.  

Oh, i know Dish has dish anywhere app, I’d assume the other carries may have something similar.  Make the hubby drive and watch on the phone or tablet.

Leave very early and get as far as you can but still within the Carolina TV feed, then hole up in a bar and drink soda waters with lime and watch the game. Finish off the drive after the game.

All this advice, of course, without knowing where you are or where you're going.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(10-02-2019, 03:46 PM)Jags Wrote:
(10-01-2019, 06:20 PM)Jags Wrote: Clients that email and tell me to “do this” or “that” on the next visit.  

1. You don’t pay in your monthly price for that. It’s not free.  Would you like a quote??
2. Screw my schedule, whatever you need Mr “xxxx”.  I can quote and schedule it, if you’d like.
3. Who the [BLEEP] do you think you are? I’m not sure you realize it or not, but I actually live in your neighborhood.  You’re not better than me. Don’t treat me or my crew otherwise,

It’s not he work I have an issue with, but being nice to people is getting harder and harder each year.  

It feels s nice not having to be professional on his board.
Well, today was the next visit.  Guess what we did... “this” and “that”. Ugh.  It really wasn’t so bad.  I should quit my [BLEEP].

Go ahead and complain, that's what the thread is here for.

On the other hand, responding to your own post may indicate a need for more professional help.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(10-02-2019, 08:50 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(10-02-2019, 03:46 PM)Jags Wrote: Well, today was the next visit.  Guess what we did... “this” and “that”. Ugh.  It really wasn’t so bad.  I should quit my [BLEEP].

On the other hand, responding to your own post may indicate a need for more professional help.

Nothing worse than hanging out on the MB and the posters start wanting therapy or counseling. I'm here for fun, not professional interests, keep your dysfunctions to yourselves. (Except you Bunny, I'll handle all your dysfunctions pro bono.)
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-02-2019, 11:54 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-02-2019, 08:50 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Go ahead and complain, that's what the thread is here for.

Nothing worse than hanging out on the MB and the posters start wanting therapy or counseling. I'm here for fun, not professional interests, keep your dysfunctions to yourselves. (Except you Bunny, I'll handle all your dysfunctions pro bono.)

Must you really mimic a grasping motion with your hands when you say “dysfunctions”?

(10-03-2019, 06:28 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-02-2019, 11:54 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Nothing worse than hanging out on the MB and the posters start wanting therapy or counseling. I'm here for fun, not professional interests, keep your dysfunctions to yourselves. (Except you Bunny, I'll handle all your dysfunctions pro bono.)

Must you really mimic a grasping motion with your hands when you say “dysfunctions”?

Those are ummmm...air quotes, yeah, yeah, air quotes I say!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-03-2019, 08:30 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-03-2019, 06:28 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Must you really mimic a grasping motion with your hands when you say “dysfunctions”?

Those are ummmm...air quotes, yeah, yeah, air quotes I say!

**wink**

(10-02-2019, 03:46 PM)Jags Wrote: Well, today was the next visit.  Guess what we did... “this” and “that”. Ugh.  It really wasn’t so bad.  I should quit my [BLEEP].

but if you argue with yourself, you're guaranteed to win!

I’m well past what professional help can do.

(10-03-2019, 09:24 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(10-02-2019, 08:50 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Go ahead and complain, that's what the thread is here for.

but if you argue with yourself, you're guaranteed to win!

See? I never told myself that, and here I’ve been losing all this time...

People astonished that they caught a cold because they got the flu shot this year. 

Throw "I have the stomach flu" in for good measure!

(10-03-2019, 02:26 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-03-2019, 09:24 AM)Mikey Wrote: but if you argue with yourself, you're guaranteed to win!

See? I never told myself that, and here I’ve been losing all this time...

So you're more of a "The argument is half lost", versus "The argument is half won", kind of a guy?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2019, 10:15 PM by americus 2.0.)

(10-02-2019, 06:23 PM)Jags Wrote:
(10-02-2019, 02:55 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Why can't the football gods decide to to move the Jags/Panthers game to 4pm. :'-( We'll be on the road to the mountains for the week and will miss it with the 1pm start time. If the dang cabin had Saturday night free we'd go a day early to avoid this catastrophe but alas.....no dice.

If you have SiriusXM you can listen in the car.  And since you’re in that territory, you may be able to listen on local radio.  I know it’s not as good as the real thing, but that’s all I got.  

Oh, i know Dish has dish anywhere app, I’d assume the other carries may have something similar.  Make the hubby drive and watch on the phone or tablet.

I did think about local radio broadcast yesterday and will be looking into that. We're going to try to get there early enough that we can watch the second half. Verizon/NFL may have the game on the NFL app, not showing yet but the game against Denver wasn't on the app.

(10-02-2019, 08:35 PM)PF* Wrote: Leave very early and get as far as you can but still within the Carolina TV feed, then hole up in a bar and drink soda waters with lime and watch the game. Finish off the drive after the game.

All this advice, of course, without knowing where you are or where you're going.

I'm in central NC and we're going to the mountains. A couple of hours west of Charlotte so we should still be within range.

When I am bitten by a mosquito INSIDE MY OWN HOUSE! grrrrr

I am mildly annoyed by a three things.

1) I am mildly annoyed by a team not allowing their quarterback to audible to a quarterback sneak in short yardage situations.
2) I am mildly annoyed by said team announcing to the world that they do not allow their quarterback to audible to a QB sneak.
3) I am mildly annoyed at myself for my constraint and the use of understatement in this post.

But this morning, I am also mildly pleased about one thing.

1) That I am not, nor will I ever be, in possession of a terrible towel.

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."        --Plato

Those taped self-introductions by players that run at the beginning of the games when they attempt to copy Ohio State's tagline.

"Jamatrius Bellflower, THE Culinary Academy of Southwest Madison County."

There's a nod in there to a former Vikings DE. A free imaginary upvote to the poster who can name him.

(10-06-2019, 08:31 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Those taped self-introductions by players that run at the beginning of the games when they attempt to copy Ohio State's tagline.

"Jamatrius Bellflower, THE Culinary Academy of Southwest Madison County."

There's a nod in there to a former Vikings DE. A free imaginary upvote to the poster who can name him.

Jared Allen.