Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trivial Annoyances Thread

(11-21-2019, 02:34 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-20-2019, 06:31 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: I have worked my behind off since I was 16 (19 years) 

How many is that in American?

It depends on the exchange rate.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-21-2019, 04:53 PM)Rico Wrote: Why does my bank/credit union insist on continually changing the look and feel of the online banking app?

That is so annoying not only on banking websites, but others as well (from someone that rarely access the internet with my phone).

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(11-21-2019, 05:24 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(11-21-2019, 04:53 PM)Rico Wrote: Why does my bank/credit union insist on continually changing the look and feel of the online banking app?

That is so annoying not only on banking websites, but others as well (from someone that rarely access the internet with my phone).

I was actually referring to the website...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(11-21-2019, 01:13 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(11-20-2019, 06:31 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Family politics..

My sister has an incredible feeling of self entitlement. She hasn't worked for 17 years. She has a son with 'additional needs' but this shouldn't prevent her from working (especially seeing as he's at school Monday-Friday 8-3.30 but with school provided travel he's out of the house 7.30-4.15). It's my sons 9th birthday this weekend and she has not contacted me for my address (I moved in January) to even send him a card, as trivial as this sounds, if I forgot/ignored her sons birthday, there would be hell to pay.

I have worked my behind off since I was 16 (19 years) and if there's a family occasion that I can't make due to work commitments, I get a lot of abuse. I've tried to explain that my job covers 24/7-365, but it falls on deaf ears.

I've tried reaching out to my parents and they just say 'you know what she's like'. It's really getting me down.

I have a sister who has the same mindset and she has alienated the whole family with her BS. We all just had to stop communicating with her because she's so toxic. Let it go. Too little time in life to be dragged down by other people's crap even if it is family.

You pick your friends.  Relatives (and in-laws)……….you're stuck with whoever comes along in the package.  Don't lose sleep caring about anyone who is too self-centered to care about you.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

If you're turning left at a light, turn on your freaking turn signal BEFORE the light turns green.

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2019, 11:21 AM by Caldrac.)

If you're on JTB in rush hour traffic and you go that route everyday and full well know that it's going to bottleneck at the Kernan exit to NOT be an [BLEEP] and just leave some space for other people to get over. That would be great.

Saw a near accident the other day coming home from work because literally one guy wouldn't budge. We're all going the same damn way. We're all going to get further delayed and tied up at the UNF light regardless with one lane blocked off all the way down.

One car length will make no difference in you getting home in time to kick your dog and punch your wife around for burning the tuna casserole. I am sure they'll be cowering in fear as usual regardless if it's 6:05 PM or 6:06 PM.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-28-2019, 10:29 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: If you're turning left at a light, turn on your freaking turn signal BEFORE the light turns green.

Along the same lines, it annoys me when someone puts on their left turn signal and the person behind them, with plenty of room, does not slide by them on the right. Instead, they wait until the guy completes the turn and then they proceed.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(11-28-2019, 12:03 PM)PF* Wrote:
(11-28-2019, 10:29 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: If you're turning left at a light, turn on your freaking turn signal BEFORE the light turns green.

Along the same lines, it annoys me when someone puts on their left turn signal and the person behind them, with plenty of room, does not slide by them on the right. Instead, they wait until the guy completes the turn and then they proceed.

Yeah, I hate it when people actually follow driving laws. The nerve!!!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

How my daughter seems incapable of making a simple voice phone call. It's always a FaceTime call.

(This post was last modified: 11-29-2019, 09:41 PM by Jags.)

(11-29-2019, 05:05 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: How my daughter seems incapable of making a simple voice phone call. It's always a FaceTime call.

My 4 yr old asked to face time me.  While she was right in front of me.  I said ok, then tried to have a conversation with her her.  I somehow got the “no daddy, with the phones.”  I tried to explain that being in person was 10 times better than FaceTime.  It’s like regular FaceTime, just in 3D actual reality.  But try explaining that to a 4 yr old..

When you've taken you jacket off, emptied your pockets, taken your shoes off, finally sat down on the couch, and then you realize you've forgotten to pick up item [X] at the supermarket.

(12-02-2019, 12:24 PM)DragonFury Wrote: When you've taken you jacket off, emptied your pockets, taken your shoes off, finally sat down on the couch, and then you realize you've forgotten to pick up item [X] at the supermarket.

That does suck.

(12-02-2019, 12:24 PM)DragonFury Wrote: When you've taken you jacket off, emptied your pockets, taken your shoes off, finally sat down on the couch, and then you realize you've forgotten to pick up item [X] at the supermarket.

Not an issue for us professional procrastinators. I’ll tell you about it later.

Why bother with the supermarket?  You can buy X items online and have them shipped directly to your house.  They're even packaged discreetly in plain cardboard boxes, labeled 'office supplies" (or so I hear.)
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(11-29-2019, 09:38 PM)Jags Wrote:
(11-29-2019, 05:05 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: How my daughter seems incapable of making a simple voice phone call. It's always a FaceTime call.

My 4 yr old asked to face time me.  While she was right in front of me.  I said ok, then tried to have a conversation with her her.  I somehow got the “no daddy, with the phones.”  I tried to explain that being in person was 10 times better than FaceTime.  It’s like regular FaceTime, just in 3D actual reality.  But try explaining that to a 4 yr old..

solution: get a piece of cardboard, preferably rectangular in shape. Cut out a smaller rectangular hole in the cardboard. Hold it up, and talk to her. She will either think you're a butthead, or absolutely love it and this becomes your thing.

Mondays...that is all.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2019, 04:37 PM by Jags.)

(12-02-2019, 02:32 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(11-29-2019, 09:38 PM)Jags Wrote: My 4 yr old asked to face time me.  While she was right in front of me.  I said ok, then tried to have a conversation with her her.  I somehow got the “no daddy, with the phones.”  I tried to explain that being in person was 10 times better than FaceTime.  It’s like regular FaceTime, just in 3D actual reality.  But try explaining that to a 4 yr old..

solution: get a piece of cardboard, preferably rectangular in shape. Cut out a smaller rectangular hole in the cardboard. Hold it up, and talk to her. She will either think you're a butthead, or absolutely love it and this becomes your thing.

I can tell you right now it’ll be the “new thing”.  We have quite the handful of weird/odds things we do that came about but similar fashion. When you put it that way, I may just have to go out in the garage, find some cardboard, and make her and I some phones.

(12-02-2019, 03:21 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Mondays...that is all.

Mondays on hormones. I've alternated between wanting to kill someone, anyone. And cry. But not cry about killing someone. Hmmm.....

(12-02-2019, 09:15 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(12-02-2019, 03:21 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Mondays...that is all.

Mondays on hormones. I've alternated between wanting to kill someone, anyone. And cry. But not cry about killing someone. Hmmm.....

Dames...ammirite?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-02-2019, 01:55 PM)Sneakers Wrote:

Why bother with the supermarket?  You can buy X items online and have them shipped directly to your house.  They're even packaged discreetly in plain cardboard boxes, labeled 'office supplies" (or so I hear.)

My niece recently used Grubhub to deliver a sandwich from a sub shop within walking distance from her house.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]