Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trivial Annoyances Thread

(This post was last modified: 08-05-2017, 12:43 PM by Jaguarmeister.)

(07-21-2017, 10:19 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(07-21-2017, 09:19 AM)Rico Wrote: People who ride your [BLEEP] on a two lane road and there's 15 cars in front of you and you couldn't go faster if you wanted to.

That's when my foot starts easing up from the gas pedal.

Nah just tap your brakes once.

Dealing with any telecom company.  I hate some more than others (Sprint & Comcast), but I don't like dealing with any of them.  Has anyone ever gotten a consistently good level of customer service from a particular company in the telecom industry?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-05-2017, 12:40 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(07-21-2017, 10:19 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: That's when my foot starts easing up from the gas pedal.

Dealing with any telecom company.  I hate some more than others (Sprint & Comcast), but I don't like dealing with any of them.  Has anyone ever gotten a consistently good level of customer service from a particular company in the telecom industry?

Yes, but only in Europe aka the civilized world.

(08-05-2017, 12:40 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(07-21-2017, 10:19 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: That's when my foot starts easing up from the gas pedal.

Nope! I cut the cord a few years ago and never looked back. 

I still sometimes deal with DirecTv trying to charge me for random items from years ago. They're all the worst.

(08-05-2017, 01:12 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(08-05-2017, 12:40 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Nah just tap your brakes once.

Nope! I cut the cord a few years ago and never looked back. 

I still sometimes deal with DirecTv trying to charge me for random items from years ago. They're all the worst.

Oh I've cut the cord on cable/satellite as well, but I still pay for internet through Comcast and I still have a cell phone which is now through Verizon.  I'll NEVER do business with Sprint again after my dealings with them.

(08-05-2017, 01:25 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(08-05-2017, 01:12 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Nope! I cut the cord a few years ago and never looked back. 

Oh I've cut the cord on cable/satellite as well, but I still pay for internet through Comcast and I still have a cell phone which is now through Verizon.  I'll NEVER do business with Sprint again after my dealings with them.

My internet provider is a local company so they're thankfully pretty good.

I was in Chattanooga yesterday with my sister, she asked Siri to recommend a "good vegan restaurant".

Siri is annoying enough as it is without requesting the impossible.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

I drove into a downpour earlier on I-10 and immediately several cars turned on their hazards. For the love of god, why do people do this? It used to be only an occasional driver would do it, now it's becoming a trend. Time for a PSA campaign.

(08-13-2017, 04:28 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I drove into a downpour earlier on I-10 and immediately several cars turned on their hazards. For the love of god, why do people do this? It used to be only an occasional driver would do it, now it's becoming a trend. Time for a PSA campaign.

They are doing it!! I was driving on 95 today while it was raining and on the new DOT electronic board right before the JTB exit it said "Driving while raining, Lights on, Flashers off"!!

It's about damn time!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

People come up and push the elevator button while you are standing there waiting for the elevator. Did they think I was just hoping it would come some day? One time, a lady came up to me and asked, "Did you push the button?". I said to myself, WWHS? (what would Homebiscuit say?) so I said, "No, I wasn't sure how it worked."
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(08-14-2017, 07:47 AM)PF* Wrote: People come up and push the elevator button while you are standing there waiting for the elevator. Did they think I was just hoping it would come some day? One time, a lady came up to me and asked, "Did you push the button?". I said to myself, WWHS? (what would Homebiscuit say?) so I said, "No, I wasn't sure how it worked."

That would be an honest statement on my part. I have to use the stairs a lot.

(08-14-2017, 07:47 AM)PF* Wrote: People come up and push the elevator button while you are standing there waiting for the elevator. Did they think I was just hoping it would come some day? One time, a lady came up to me and asked, "Did you push the button?". I said to myself, WWHS? (what would Homebiscuit say?) so I said, "No, I wasn't sure how it worked."

There's a button?

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(08-14-2017, 11:02 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:

There's a button?

I may have to be more understanding.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Huge people in small compact cars that speed on the interstate.
Huh

Large coffee can exhaust tips on cars.. dumb..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Waiting at a crossing where I've pressed the button and waiting for the traffic to stop in order to cross safely.

People who then press the button and within a minute the signal has changed.. they give me a smug look as if to suggest that my button pressing skills are inadequate OR that their very presence has stopped the traffic (same goes with lifts/elevators).
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(This post was last modified: 08-22-2017, 05:52 PM by Jags.)

When the weather guy puts up the 5 day forecast and stands his [BLEEP] in the middle of the screen. Your daddy wasn't a glass maker douche monkey!

That's kinda like David Cooperfield saying, "I'm going to make this rabbit disappear " the step in front of it and waiting for applause.

Not really, but whatever.

(08-17-2017, 06:10 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Waiting at a crossing where I've pressed the button and waiting for the traffic to stop in order to cross safely.

People who then press the button and within a minute the signal has changed.. they give me a smug look as if to suggest that my button pressing skills are inadequate OR that their very presence has stopped the traffic (same goes with lifts/elevators).

Ha. People that use the button. Those goodie two shoes. Be a rebel dude, (or an adult with a proper upbringing) look both ways and cross.

Anyone who would ask you why you forgot something.

Had someone ask me that question a dozen times yesterday.

people who go to nfl games wearing a jersey of a team not present at the game, or of a player not present on either team. I can understand wearing a Calais Campbell AZ jersey to everbank but I can't understand wearing a Fitzgerald one if we aren't playing the cardinals
Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

(08-23-2017, 04:28 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Anyone who would ask you why you forgot something.

Had someone ask me that question a dozen times yesterday.

Maybe that person kept forgetting they had asked you already.

My annoyance this morning was a semi driver that decided to drive in the middle of two lanes on 9B leading up to Baymeadows so that people couldn't pass him.

I get that its annoying for people to go up to the front only to cut people off, but to do it for close to a mile is a bit much.