Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trivial Annoyances Thread

(02-07-2020, 09:58 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-06-2020, 09:59 PM)homebiscuit. Wrote: Yeah. Bourbon strikes again.

Interesting name for a monkey...

It's unclear who first offered the banana…….
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-08-2020, 09:23 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(02-07-2020, 09:58 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Interesting name for a monkey...

It's unclear who first offered the banana…….

Wish I could help.

Why does the grass like my flowerbeds more than it likes my lawn?

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2020, 06:58 PM by Jags.)

(02-11-2020, 12:53 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Why does the grass like my flowerbeds more than it likes my lawn?

Edger.   That and Round-up. That is if it’s the same grass probably St Augustine in the lawn.  There are other grasses “torpedo” as I’ve hear it called, that is really hard to pull by hand and get the roots.  If pulled and the roots aren’t out, it actually promotes more growth.  Kind of like cutting an oak branch and it splitting off into two.  Spray the stuff and be done.

(02-11-2020, 06:56 PM)Jags Wrote:
(02-11-2020, 12:53 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Why does the grass like my flowerbeds more than it likes my lawn?

Edger.   That and Round-up. That is if it’s the same grass probably St Augustine in the lawn.  There are other grasses “torpedo” as I’ve hear it called, that is really hard to pull by hand and get the roots.  If pulled and the roots aren’t out, it actually promotes more growth.  Kind of like cutting an oak branch and it splitting off into two.  Spray the stuff and be done.

Throw on a non-ionic surfactant with the glyphosate, and don't touch it for a week. 

Do not try to pull or weed out anything with rhizomes. If stolons you're okay. 

If that doesn't work, there are more timing type things you can do but 99% you'll be good.

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2020, 08:50 AM by RicoTx.)

Welp...went to leave for work this morning and the truck had a flat tire.  [BLEEP].  I didn't feel like [BLEEP] around with it so I just drove my wife's Sonata (I forget how nice her car is sometimes because I'm rarely in it).

Then, after driving into work in what just amounted to a mist, it starts pouring on me as I'm walking across the parking lot into the building.

Not a good start.  But hell with it...it's Friday and I have a three day weekend.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Everybody wants to talk. Nobody wants to listen. So I listen. This must be what a Psychiatrist does. But at least he gets paid.

(02-18-2020, 06:50 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Everybody wants to talk.  Nobody wants to listen.  So I listen.  This must be what a Psychiatrist does.  But at least he gets paid.

Sorry, I was watching TV and didn't hear you.  Can you send me a email instead?  Maybe I'll look at it later.....

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2020, 09:43 AM by homebiscuit.)

(02-18-2020, 06:50 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Everybody wants to talk. Nobody wants to listen. So I listen. This must be what a Psychiatrist does. But at least he gets paid.

(02-18-2020, 09:05 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(02-18-2020, 06:50 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Everybody wants to talk.  Nobody wants to listen.  So I listen.  This must be what a Psychiatrist does.  But at least he gets paid.

Sorry, I was watching TV and didn't hear you.  Can you send me a email instead?  Maybe I'll look at it later.....

Huh? What?

What really annoys me is people who keep talking while I’m trying to interrupt. The nerve!

These modern “tin” (aluminum) cans. You’re trying to expel it’s contents out. There too much suction. No problem, pierce a hole in the bottom. What? My can opener isn’t capable of it? Is there a new can opener on the market to accommodate this need? Or do I pull my knife out my pocket? I just want to heat up some damn greens!

(02-25-2020, 07:29 PM)Jags Wrote: These modern “tin” (aluminum) cans.   You’re trying to expel it’s contents out.  There too much suction.  No problem, pierce a hole in the bottom.  What? My can opener isn’t capable of it?   Is there a new can opener on the market to accommodate this need?  Or do I pull my knife out my pocket?   I just want to heat up some damn greens!

Frozen.......steam in the bag...…..no prep dish/pan to clean!

(02-25-2020, 07:29 PM)Jags Wrote: These modern “tin” (aluminum) cans.   You’re trying to expel it’s contents out.  There too much suction.  No problem, pierce a hole in the bottom.  What? My can opener isn’t capable of it?   Is there a new can opener on the market to accommodate this need?  Or do I pull my knife out my pocket?   I just want to heat up some damn greens!

Canned greens???

(02-26-2020, 06:32 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

Canned greens???

The Glory brand stuff is really good!

(02-26-2020, 06:49 AM)Jags Wrote:
(02-26-2020, 06:32 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Canned greens???

The Glory brand stuff is really good!

Yep, the spiced greens aren’t bad.

(This post was last modified: 02-26-2020, 10:12 AM by Mikey.)

Get thee a church key.

....and I would be remiss not to mention that immediately after reading your post I imagined someone shotgunning a can of greens. Sick

When you work in a cube farm and the person behind you is listening to political talk radio.

/shoves letter opener through both eardrums

(This post was last modified: 02-26-2020, 10:16 AM by RicoTx.)

(02-26-2020, 10:08 AM)Mikey Wrote:

Get thee a church key.

....and I would be remiss not to mention that immediately after reading your post I imagined someone shotgunning a can of greens. Sick

When you work in a cube farm and the person behind you is listening to political talk radio.

Oh Gawd.  I'm not even lucky enough to be in a cube farm.  We're in an 'open' work environment with long tables.  This one girl comes in some morning and listens to these soothing noises all morning sometimes.  I wouldn't even call it music.  It drives me crazy.  I'm ready to shoot somebody by 9:00.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Get thee a church key.

You can’t suggest they wear ear buds or ear phones?

(This post was last modified: 02-26-2020, 07:17 PM by Jags.)

(02-25-2020, 09:45 PM)Sneakers Wrote:

Frozen.......steam in the bag...…..no prep dish/pan to clean!

Well, sure.  If you want something healthy.  Weirdo! Smile

Whose got the time or money for that?

Get thee a church key.

If it were possible, I’m not sure I would, i I certainly could shotgun a can of their green beans.

(02-26-2020, 07:10 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(02-26-2020, 06:49 AM)Jags Wrote: The Glory brand stuff is really good!

Yep, the spiced greens aren’t bad.

I haven’t met anything by that brand I didn’t like.

(02-26-2020, 10:25 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(02-26-2020, 10:08 AM)Mikey Wrote: Get thee a church key.

You can’t suggest they wear ear buds or ear phones?

You can lead a horse to water, something something.

This weather! I’m tired of this cold weather!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???