Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trivial Annoyances Thread

(07-04-2020, 08:09 AM)Rico Wrote: Your server suddenly disappearing when all you need is your check to leave.

One of the best restaurants in my city is famous for this. Sometimes it's like 45 minutes. I rarely anymore (pre-virus) because of it.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-04-2020, 12:25 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(06-20-2020, 09:32 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Unrepaired ball marks on a golf green. It just absolutely irritates me. How hard is it to stick a tee into the ground a few times to repair a ball mark? Yet there they are, making an otherwise nice green look like a WWI battleground.

It's my assertion that anyone who doesn't repair a ball mark should get rapped in the shin with the blade of a sand wedge.

I stand for what is just and right!

(06-20-2020, 10:05 PM)Sneakers Wrote: It wasn't me......…...I avoid creating ball marks on the green by landing my approach shot in a bunker.

(06-21-2020, 07:18 AM)Rico Wrote: What irritates me more is when people drag their damn feet on the green when wearing golf spikes.

(06-21-2020, 07:23 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: True, true, true.  And a lot of the ball marks are within 8 feet of the hole, which tells me, these are not bad golfers creating these ball marks, which means they should not be that ignorant about the requirement to repair their ball marks.     

Every time I play golf, I repair about 5 ball marks on every green.  They are everywhere.

Talk about your First World Problems...

They’re the best problems.

(07-04-2020, 12:25 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(06-20-2020, 09:32 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Unrepaired ball marks on a golf green. It just absolutely irritates me. How hard is it to stick a tee into the ground a few times to repair a ball mark? Yet there they are, making an otherwise nice green look like a WWI battleground.

It's my assertion that anyone who doesn't repair a ball mark should get rapped in the shin with the blade of a sand wedge.

I stand for what is just and right!

(06-20-2020, 10:05 PM)Sneakers Wrote: It wasn't me......…...I avoid creating ball marks on the green by landing my approach shot in a bunker.

(06-21-2020, 07:18 AM)Rico Wrote: What irritates me more is when people drag their damn feet on the green when wearing golf spikes.

(06-21-2020, 07:23 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: True, true, true.  And a lot of the ball marks are within 8 feet of the hole, which tells me, these are not bad golfers creating these ball marks, which means they should not be that ignorant about the requirement to repair their ball marks.     

Every time I play golf, I repair about 5 ball marks on every green.  They are everywhere.

Talk about your First World Problems...

Hence the “Trivial” part of the title...
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

How Costco has all these wonderful things on sale I didn't know I needed or wanted until they were on sale and cause me to spend more than I had planned.

Damn you, Costco!

(07-05-2020, 09:24 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: How Costco has all these wonderful things on sale I didn't know I needed or wanted until they were on sale and cause me to spend more than I had planned.

Damn you, Costco!

Except they are out of green beans, frozen vegetables, and beach chairs...
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-06-2020, 01:20 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-05-2020, 09:24 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: How Costco has all these wonderful things on sale I didn't know I needed or wanted until they were on sale and cause me to spend more than I had planned.

Damn you, Costco!

Except they are out of green beans, frozen vegetables, and beach chairs...

Because I bought them all on sale.

(07-06-2020, 01:29 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(07-06-2020, 01:20 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Except they are out of green beans, frozen vegetables, and beach chairs...

Because I bought them all on sale.

[Image: giphy.gif]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Damn you, Costco!

That's how I acquire half of my crap at Lowe's.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(07-08-2020, 10:11 AM)Rico Wrote:

Damn you, Costco!

That's how I acquire half of my crap at Lowe's.

I sometimes have to force myself to leave Lowe’s/Home Depot because I find myself browsing the aisles just LOOKING for something I could use. 

Harbor Freight is a black hole. Much discipline required.

(07-08-2020, 11:56 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(07-08-2020, 10:11 AM)Rico Wrote: That's how I acquire half of my crap at Lowe's.

I sometimes have to force myself to leave Lowe’s/Home Depot because I find myself browsing the aisles just LOOKING for something I could use. 

I tell my wife, "I could build that for you that if I had one of those."
She says, "Well, why don't you just buy it then."
I say, "Well, okay, if you think I should.....'' ?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(07-08-2020, 11:56 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(07-08-2020, 10:11 AM)Rico Wrote: That's how I acquire half of my crap at Lowe's.

I don't really like those places at all. I look at everything they sell and I see work, not fun. There's nothing at those places I want. Sure, there's stuff I need, but nothing I want.

(07-08-2020, 01:52 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote:
(07-08-2020, 11:56 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I sometimes have to force myself to leave Lowe’s/Home Depot because I find myself browsing the aisles just LOOKING for something I could use. 

I don't really like those places at all. I look at everything they sell and I see work, not fun. There's nothing at those places I want. Sure, there's stuff I need, but nothing I want.

Tools are my thing. There's nothing more satisfying than having the right tool for the job. The issue is even though I foresee needing a particular tool maybe twice in the next 5 years, I still have to fight the urge to buy it. It's almost obsessive. Plus, who doesn't like the smell of cut lumber?

(07-08-2020, 01:52 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote:
(07-08-2020, 11:56 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I sometimes have to force myself to leave Lowe’s/Home Depot because I find myself browsing the aisles just LOOKING for something I could use. 

You should take the time to talk with the Ryobi sales babe. She's genetically modified or something, it'll change your mind.

(07-08-2020, 02:07 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(07-08-2020, 01:52 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: I don't really like those places at all. I look at everything they sell and I see work, not fun. There's nothing at those places I want. Sure, there's stuff I need, but nothing I want.

Tools are my thing. There's nothing more satisfying than having the right tool for the job. The issue is even though I foresee needing a particular tool maybe twice in the next 5 years, I still have to fight the urge to buy it. It's almost obsessive. Plus, who doesn't like the smell of cut lumber?

Dad?

(07-08-2020, 03:29 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-08-2020, 01:52 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: I don't really like those places at all. I look at everything they sell and I see work, not fun. There's nothing at those places I want. Sure, there's stuff I need, but nothing I want.

You should take the time to talk with the Ryobi sales babe. She's genetically modified or something, it'll change your mind.

Are you saying she has all the rights tools to do the job?

(07-08-2020, 05:34 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(07-08-2020, 03:29 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: You should take the time to talk with the Ryobi sales babe. She's genetically modified or something, it'll change your mind.

Are you saying she has all the rights tools to do the job?

She has tools I'm very familiar with, but I've never seen such incredibly designed and well built versions.

(07-08-2020, 04:45 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(07-08-2020, 02:07 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Tools are my thing. There's nothing more satisfying than having the right tool for the job. The issue is even though I foresee needing a particular tool maybe twice in the next 5 years, I still have to fight the urge to buy it. It's almost obsessive. Plus, who doesn't like the smell of cut lumber?

Dad?

You should have witnessed my inner turmoil when I spotted a very nice bow saw while walking through a flea market. It was quality. I tried manfully to convince myself that I could use it to prune back the larger branches of my Crepe Myrtle and...nothing else. But it was quality! Maybe I could find something to cut. I still regret not buying that saw so it could sit unused in my garage.

(07-08-2020, 06:21 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-08-2020, 05:34 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Are you saying she has all the rights tools to do the job?

She has tools I'm very familiar with, but I've never seen such incredibly designed and well built versions.

I do like a well balanced set.  Was this model designed for comfort or high performance?

(07-08-2020, 03:29 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

So I Googled that and this is what I get?

[Image: c3rxea8k70g41.jpg]

When your phone works faster on 4g than connected to your internet. Will definitely be replacing the router
This weekend!!!